VN Ren'Py Abandoned Eye of the Storm [Ch. 1-12] [Mr. Rigg]

3.30 star(s) 18 Votes

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
His patreon page says otherwise just a shell of what it was and is now only his profile nothing about the game at all, which he did say was going to be a December release but since then not a word or anything about development.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Doesn't help he shot himself in the foot when he decided to fuck with his own game and remove the choices many players had all because he was pissed he wasn't getting paid enough for something that had no guarantee of even making a dime.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
This was one or two updates before the end and he couldn't be arsed to finish it?

I was one of the "whiners" as I played multiple playthroughs and was bothered that suddenly no matter what the MC did on a route it led to the same results. Of course I had a harem playthrough as well, but if you go from 4-5 different paths to just one, it's bound to be a disappointment.

And I stand by that. It was a wrong decision He had done so well for the first ten versions and then went and ruined it, and this seems to be the fallout of that wrong decision for now.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
It was a nice game up until about the last few chapters where your choices ended up being meaningless.

Reactions: mdmnsjs1

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
This game already died after the best friend died the police officer.. :devilish: The lack of choices was due to having not enough patreons support. so it was better to leave the game abandoned.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: botc76

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
There was one chapter left. Really?
This is what gets me as well...He should have at least finished the one path :(
(What I see as the canon path)

That is the way I played the game in any case...

I actually loved this game and enjoyed it up until he stopped writing it.

I kept on defending the dev on here and in my review, but this seems to be the sad reality.

MLBnoob

Mar 13, 2019
This is what gets me as well...He should have at least finished the one path :(
(What I see as the canon path)

That is the way I played the game in any case...

I actually loved this game and enjoyed it up until he stopped writing it.

I kept on defending the dev on here and in my review, but this seems to be the sad reality.
He seemed to be on it for the money, compared to other devs who put extra effort to their games even Slonique after he released an ending involving the mom pegging the MC, he then released a proper happy ending in one of his games.

Reactions: ponny

Blargher

May 2, 2018
The problem with this is yeah I think he expected the money. As didnt he almost quit it like 4 chapters ago but then he decided to go on? All cause lack of support. You gotta make the games you want and for a hobby. Not for money. Hopefully the money comes for the good developers but you cant create content only to expect money.

Either way another shame that it got abandoned and unlike most. So close to the end. I didnt play the last chapter yet but I gotta say I really did like this game.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Well they wouldn't be the first one that leaves because they think they should be raking in the money like DEV's like mr dots.

Look at Bright Sun Studios they made some nice games but left after they thought they weren't making enough money. What many like them don't realize is that ones like mr. dots have been doing it for a long long ass time. They didn't just go make a game and were rolling in the money right away.

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
Well they wouldn't be the first one that leaves because they think they should be raking in the money like DEV's like mr dots.

Look at Bright Sun Studios they made some nice games but left after they thought they weren't making enough money. What many like them don't realize is that ones like mr. dots have been doing it for a long long ass time. They didn't just go make a game and were rolling in the money right away.
Yeah, DMD has been around for a long time. I remember back when it was just the apartment and nothing else.

Reactions: Ninj77 and Blargher

Blargher

May 2, 2018
Yeah too many people forget that most big indie developers, streamers, or youtubers, etc.. all started out small getting nothing. They spent time in it, maybe had some lucky connections here or there. But they are big because they stuck to it for a long time, months, and years depending how lucky or so on they are. Start as a hobby, expect nothing and be happily surprised if you hit it big.

But keep money as the target goal or only goal, and expect failure then.

✧Darax✧

May 5, 2019
SPANISH TRANSLATION.
I share here the patch to put the game in Spanish and, I thank the creator for his work although it is a pity that he is not working on it anymore.
I also thank the user 'moskyx', for his great help in the final translation.
Greetings Darax ;)

------------------------------------------

Comparto aqui el parche para poner el juego en español y, agradezco al creador su labor aunque es una pena que ya no siga trabajando en el.
Tambien agradezco al usuario 'moskyx', su gran ayuda en la traduccion final.
Saludos Darax ;)

3.30 star(s) 18 Votes