VN Ren'Py Abandoned Eye of the Storm [Ch. 1-12] [Mr. Rigg]

3.30 star(s) 18 Votes

WhatthisISB

Jul 31, 2020
People here making it seem like the users are to blame, are being really kind towards the complete arse of a dev. No he wasn't following the path that led to a good harem ending, he was railroading us towards a bad harem end that would piss most ppl off. The event that made me lose interest was the super hot blind girl running away coz she found out MC was being a dik. In what world is that towards a good harem ending?
He made it very clear, give me the money I want or I'll make this game shit. He thought he was being very clever and ppl would just bend over for him. If he wanted to make money he could've just delayed updates and slowly done the routes, then he could say, more money= faster development of all routes. Abandoning it didn't get him the money he badly wanted. It just killed his golden goose. It was about his ego more than anything else, he followed through on his threat. He showed his true colors and we're better off.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
People here making it seem like the users are to blame, are being really kind towards the complete arse of a dev. No he wasn't following the path that led to a good harem ending, he was railroading us towards a bad harem end that would piss most ppl off. The event that made me lose interest was the super hot blind girl running away coz she found out MC was being a dik. In what world is that towards a good harem ending?
He made it very clear, give me the money I want or I'll make this game shit. He thought he was being very clever and ppl would just bend over for him. If he wanted to make money he could've just delayed updates and slowly done the routes, then he could say, more money= faster development of all routes. Abandoning it didn't get him the money he badly wanted. It just killed his golden goose. It was about his ego more than anything else, he followed through on his threat. He showed his true colors and we're better off.
Agree, and now we know never to trust him again. Hope this teaches other Devs to not being stupid like this one

• Haha
Reactions: Led and Alfius

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Why was this abandoned? Did the older blonde sister Clara maybe or something like that ever get fucked aside from the option that gets her to kill you?

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Why was this abandoned? Did the older blonde sister Clara maybe or something like that ever get fucked aside from the option that gets her to kill you?
Basically the game didn't make the dev enough money, so he had to merge paths, which drove off more Patrons, and in the end his graphics card broke down and he didn't have enough funds left to replace it.

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Wow quite the drama. Was there any scenes with the bitchy blonde sister aside from the one where she stabs you if you go against her wishes and start fucking her? I might play it if there is cause i dont think i played version 12. The last 1 i played i fucked blue hair and everyone was shocked includ8ng the blind one.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Wow quite the drama. Was there any scenes with the bitchy blonde sister aside from the one where she stabs you if you go against her wishes and start fucking her? I might play it if there is cause i dont think i played version 12. The last 1 i played i fucked blue hair and everyone was shocked includ8ng the blind one.
You ended up being able to fuck pretty much everyone if I remember correctly.
BUT It's been a long time since I played this, I can not even rember the bitchy sister anymore.

I vaguely remember something like that, and if I remember correctly you could fuck her later on as well.

I really liked this game and would have liked at least the harem path to be completed. His non-choice at the end was shitty, but not even finishing the last section of the forced harem past is where my real disappointment for the dev came in. I normally give devs the benefit of the doubt and even defended this dev on this thread, but that was a dick move (With only one update left to finish of the story!)

Look, the renders of the game was not great, but if he finished the games with all the paths, for me it would have been one of the best games on the site for me. I really enjoyed it right until the end (Even with the forced harem).

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I vaguely recall the sisters but remember the bitchy one as more a ginger than a blond. The "nice" sister being Brunette who's also the "Main target" in a short spinoff prequel game the dev made. And like I said, i thought the bitchy one was a ginger.

I'll take your word for it that she's blonde. Not gonna reinstall to check.

You do get an H-Scene with her at some point toward the end but it's missable if I recall. I think you can also get a scene with her mom.

Reactions: Alfius

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I vaguely recall the sisters but remember the bitchy one as more a ginger than a blond. The "nice" sister being Brunette who's also the "Main target" in a short spinoff prequel game the dev made. And like I said, i thought the bitchy one was a ginger.

You do get an H-Scene with her at some point toward the end but it's missable if I recall. I think you can also get a scene with her mom.
If it's the ginger, you definitely get a scene with her at the arcade. The mom as well. Like I said, I don't remember the characters that well, but I remember the ginger, the blue haired, the blind one, the fat one and a couple of CRAZY other chicks!

Good times, I actually loved the characters!

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019

She might be ginger. There was a get names scene in an arcade where you could fuck her but then she fatally stands you. I remember her disappearing in the storm so wasn't sure if there was a scene with her so I might install just to check how it ultimately went down.

Trixpix

Nov 16, 2017
I do agree it was a douche move not finishing, regardless of the reason. But I see it from his perspective too...the backlash when he initially announced his intent to proceed only with the Harem route(the one that the vast and overwhelming majority of people were following anyway) was beyond entitled. Part of why I started trying to defend him back then was explicitly because I was afraid exactly this would happen. The hostility would turn him off from finishing at all.

But leaving even his staunch defenders hanging at the goal line? Dick move. I can't defend that. But it wouldn't have ever gotten to that point if a handful of loud freeriders hadn't acted like a bunch of entitled brats. AKA...Millennials. We would have at least gotten the ending to the most played, most popular route.
What convinced me I would never back the dev was this back at chapter 4:

Hi Guys - The game's creator here. I sometimes swing by to read all your posts when I want to feel bad about myself.
:p The truth is I'm on the cusp of pulling the plug on the game because of lack of patrons. I came by to encourage you to throw in your $2 if you want to play more. I also want to ask everyone NOT to post the game for free. It's costing me a whole lot of money and while I'd like to see it through to its planned conclusion, I can't without more support.

Speaking of, chapter five will be available for $2 patrons in a few minutes. Come by and give it a look. Hildy fans will not be disappointed.

Mr. Rigg
Asking people not to share the game is fair enough but when a developer tries to encourage more backers by saying he is on the brink of abandoning the game it doesn't exactly inspire confidence that you are going to get what you pay for and is a serious red flag for existing backers.

Reactions: Dyhart

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
What convinced me I would never back the dev was this back at chapter 4:

Asking people not to share the game is fair enough but when a developer tries to encourage more backers by saying he is on the brink of abandoning the game it doesn't exactly inspire confidence that you are going to get what you pay for and is a serious red flag for existing backers.
This is indie development... He's just telling the literal truth. He's acquiring his assets through legal means so if he can't afford them he can't finish the game... That's just the facts.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Fair points, both. I don't view that message with hostility as some did. If he's doing this to make money, and he's not making at least enough to break even it's totally fair to say "I'm quitting if the money doesn't flow"

Totally fair. Maybe, not very wise though. Because yeah...my takeaway from that is "Well, chances are he's not gonna get enough backers out of this lot of freeloaders so even if I DO invest imma lose that investment"

I'm sure there was a better way to try and get more backers without leaving those who might have backed convinced they would lose their money. Alas, we'll never know.

Still...to be literally inches from the finish line and just walk away? The more I think of it the more I see that's not a "I can't afford this" move. That's a "Go eff yourselves, all of you" move. Granted, some people earned that with their sense of entitlement. But not all. Not even most. To be that close and quit was just petty and spiteful.

3.30 star(s) 18 Votes