DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
When Will There Be A Resume ??!!!
Well since dev just finished 0.2B of Altered destinies he is likely just starting on next update of this game, so it will be a while.

Also keep in mind that pressuring him on this game might have exactly the opposite outcome of what you want. Pressure him too much and he will just make this game with even less good feelings about it (only human) and lead him to either want to end it prematurely or even just give up on it. It is important devs have fun making their games and people making dev to delete his account here on this forum over this game is not a sign of him having fun ...........

Reactions: johnelros

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Well since dev just finished 0.2B of Altered destinies he is likely just starting on next update of this game, so it will be a while.
I already wrote in my deleted message (and it was not a response to you, or anybody else in particular, I don't think ICC will post update to this until ICSTOR release. He is closely following ICSTOR's patterns on everything, and he is doing with this game too. He switched to RenPy same as ICSTOR, there is a lot of similarities in setting, for example sandbox, (by the way why this game has VN tag), mother, lesbian aunt... Of course, maybe it's coincidence, but I still think ICSTOR will release update to Milfy City, and ICC will release in similar time frame.

Also keep in mind that pressuring him on this game might have exactly the opposite outcome of what you want. Pressure him too much and he will just make this game with even less good feelings about it (only human) and lead him to either want to end it prematurely or even just give up on it. It is important devs have fun making their games and people making dev to delete his account here on this forum over this game is not a sign of him having fun ...........
Well, if he is pressured by bunch of negative criticism from Pirate forum it doesn't picture him as true professional. He is responsible to his patrons most, hardly to bunch of teens yelling "update when", and "he is milking..".
Such approach as you describe is fine when it's hobby for dev, but if he decided this is his job (even secondary) well, he has to be more serious, for start by accepting negative feedback, and ignoring trolls on internet.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I already wrote in my deleted message (and it was not a response to you, or anybody else in particular, I don't think ICC will post update to this until ICSTOR release. He is closely following ICSTOR's patterns on everything, and he is doing with this game too. He switched to RenPy same as ICSTOR, there is a lot of similarities in setting, for example sandbox, (by the way why this game has VN tag), mother, lesbian aunt... Of course, maybe it's coincidence, but I still think ICSTOR will release update to Milfy City, and ICC will release in similar time frame.

Well, if he is pressured by bunch of negative criticism from Pirate forum it doesn't picture him as true professional. He is responsible to his patrons most, hardly to bunch of teens yelling "update when", and "he is milking..".
Such approach as you describe is fine when it's hobby for dev, but if he decided this is his job (even secondary) well, he has to be more serious, for start by accepting negative feedback, and ignoring trolls on internet.
That is the thing, there are a few more professional teams out there, but most devs are just between 1-3 people that mainly do it as a hobby. Even when successful and have reasonable income from it. Unfortunately the income is not near guaranteed enough for most to come close to going professional on game making, even if they would have those skills as a single person or team to run a game studio.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
That is the thing, there are a few more professional teams out there, but most devs are just between 1-3 people that mainly do it as a hobby. Even when successful and have reasonable income from it. Unfortunately the income is not near guaranteed enough for most to come close to going professional on game making, even if they would have those skills as a single person or team to run a game studio.
Well, yes and no. one can be true professional (I mean both as development being main job, and as professional dedication), and working single, and you can have team of hobbysts. One can be professional and develop his games alone. When I mean a professional, it's not just that game is his main source of income, but that he approaches to his job seriously, which among other things mean that one shouldn't abandon one project at half job done and focus at another. Tha't another parallel with ICSTOR, but ok. In the end, whatever he does, ICC doesn't need to feel a pressure from here, for whatever reason.
Besides, it's perfectly fine to be a hobby dev, but then one should drop pretense of professional. And finally, being hobbyst or professional, one should just ignore non-constructive feedback.

GamerJon12

Sep 9, 2017
Well, yes and no. one can be true professional (I mean both as development being main job, and as professional dedication), and working single, and you can have team of hobbysts. One can be professional and develop his games alone. When I mean a professional, it's not just that game is his main source of income, but that he approaches to his job seriously, which among other things mean that one shouldn't abandon one project at half job done and focus at another. Tha't another parallel with ICSTOR, but ok. In the end, whatever he does, ICC doesn't need to feel a pressure from here, for whatever reason.
Besides, it's perfectly fine to be a hobby dev, but then one should drop pretense of professional. And finally, being hobbyst or professional, one should just ignore non-constructive feedback.
So are you saying that you believe iccreations took a break from FILF because of icstor? That is a huge stretch. He has said that he was getting burned out and wanted to work on something new.

He also has never called himself a professional. He constantly says he’s just an amateur at this

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
So are you saying that you believe iccreations took a break from FILF because of icstor? That is a huge stretch.
Yes, what's problem with my speculations? I might be wrong, I might be correct, I might guess just a prat of the story...
You can either facepam my comment, as you did, or completely ignore it.

He has said that he was getting burned out and wanted to work on something new.
Well, that was point with ICSTOR comment... He got burned out after ICSTOR burned out. Same as he switched to RenPy after ICSTOR did...

He also has never called himself a professional. He constantly says he’s just an amateur at this
Which is fine, but he doesn't need to get insulted by negative feedback at freaking pirate forums.

• Angry
Reactions: GamerJon12

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Yes, what's problem with my speculations? I might be wrong, I might be correct, I might guess just a prat of the story...
You can either facepam my comment, as you did, or completely ignore it.
A Facepalm still counts as a "Like" which is why most people avoid useing that.
I normally follow the pattern of telling people about me disagreeing and why rather than give someone a "Like" when I feel the opposite should apply.
On the other hand ICCreation worked on a second game title while ICStor went into total hiding and still is.
I can see several parallels of both developer... they both started around the same time with the same fetish as basis of their games useing the same game engine (RPGM)... both realised the limitations of that engine and switched to the most common one around for these kinds of games (RenPy)... and both actually did so around the same time (as far as I recall however not exactly at the same time).
Still that's where the parralels seem to end.
Even if you are frustrated about F.I.L.F. not getting updated I'd consider being compared to ICStor like that as pretty much the worst insult you can give to an indy developer... that guy is really scamming scum by now.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
A Facepalm still counts as a "Like" which is why most people avoid useing that.
Honestly, who cares about either? Will I gain something from bunch of likes? Will I be happier, richer?

Even if you are frustrated about F.I.L.F. not getting updated
No I am not. This game was funny, but let's be honest, his facial expressions are, let's try to be polite, strange. Also, I must admit, I forgot good part of it. I still think ICC follows closely ICSTOR's patterns.

I'd consider being compared to ICStor like that as pretty much the worst insult you can give to an indy developer...
Mkay, but I won't stop comparing them.
For what's worth, I was rather suggesting ICC looks immature if he deleted account here because of negative feedback. And if he will stop this or other game because of it, he doesn't look so, he is immature.

• Angry
Reactions: GamerJon12

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
Honestly, who cares about either? Will I gain something from bunch of likes? Will I be happier, richer?
E-peen flexing is actually a thing. It has huge resemblance to the superiority complex in psychology and more common than you might think. An interesting read if you're interested in that kind of field.

So yes, it does make some individuals happier.

3.90 star(s) 103 Votes