Echbert

Jun 21, 2018
Did he ever really explain why he decided to start up a second long-form adventure as a creative break from his first one? I figured we'd get some shorter vignettes to whet our appetite rather than a huge time-travel story that'll take ages to complete. He basically stalled a successful Patreon, doubled his workload, and split his fan-base and seemingly has nothing but grief to show for it. I liked Altered Destiny well enough, but seeing that we'll have to go a solid year before we get the next update definitely chills my enthusiasm (and my wallet). His release schedule ensures that neither game will develop any real momentum because he'll be switching focus just as one of them starts to get into some good story or action, and it'll be literal years before we get serious sexual content in A.D.

ICCreations should be a cautionary tale about biting off more than you can chew. You can't develop two games of this size and complexity without some sort of team in place. Heck, even the team of MrDots just barely gets away with it, and their renders/stories are considerably less involved than we see in F.I.L.F and A.D.
it's not really biting of more than they can chew, ICC always develops two games at once, that just their dev style, it allows them to not get burnt out. Altered Destiny only took so long because they had to start from scratch, now both games will be developed much faster since all the assets and basic infastructure is in place.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
it's not really biting of more than they can chew, ICC always develops two games at once, that just their dev style, it allows them to not get burnt out. Altered Destiny only took so long because they had to start from scratch, now both games will be developed much faster since all the assets and basic infastructure is in place.
hmm, you probably shouldnt say that....even less by sounding so sure about it.
or you think one release every six months (if everything goes according to plans) is "much faster development"?

Reactions: wirelessnick

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Even with assets in place his update speed is way too slow to justify two games at once. The 0.02 release of A.D. took 4 months and the upcoming release of F.I.L.F has been in development for 3.5 months with another couple of weeks likely before we see it. His previous releases were taking about 4 months on average, too, so that means his rough release timeline moving forward will be delivering two updates on a game then taking a full year (8 months to develop two updates on the other game + 4 months to develop the return update) before you see any story continuation. Unless you're a fan of both games and perfectly fine leaving one to linger for a year at a time it's hard to justify staying on as a consistent patron, and that's very bad for business.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Even with assets in place his update speed is way too slow to justify two games at once. The 0.02 release of A.D. took 4 months and the upcoming release of F.I.L.F has been in development for 3.5 months with another couple of weeks likely before we see it. His previous releases were taking about 4 months on average, too, so that means his rough release timeline moving forward will be delivering two updates on a game then taking a full year (8 months to develop two updates on the other game + 4 months to develop the return update) before you see any story continuation. Unless you're a fan of both games and perfectly fine leaving one to linger for a year at a time it's hard to justify staying on as a consistent patron, and that's very bad for business.
I'm not wild about your math.

It doesn't matter how long it is between updates. The key factor is how many hours of content per month of development.
The rough average is around 30min per month. NLT is on the high end doing a full hour a month but he's a monster.
If it takes four months for an update to release, so long as there is two hours of content in the update, then there isn't a problem.

I've posted this a few times but this is a common issue for F95 users. If the updates are big but have long release cycles users complain that the updates take to long. For example Waifu Academy's last update took almost 8 months to come out but it had six hours of content in it (so over the 30min a month average).

Midnight Paradise is normally on a monthly release and has pretty consistently been about 30min of content in it. Users then complain there isn't enough content in the release.

All that said I do agree that doing two games a month is never a good sign.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017

It doesn't matter how long it is between updates. The key factor is how many hours of content per month of development.
The rough average is around 30min per month. NLT is on the high end doing a full hour a month but he's a monster.
If it takes four months for an update to release, so long as there is two hours of content in the update, then there isn't a problem.

I've posted this a few times but this is a common issue for F95 users. If the updates are big but have long release cycles users complain that the updates take to long. For example Waifu Academy's last update took almost 8 months to come out but it had six hours of content in it (so over the 30min a month average).

Midnight Paradise is normally on a monthly release and has pretty consistently been about 30min of content in it. Users then complain there isn't enough content in the release.

I'd agree with you if the content was relatively consistent and each update delivered some decent erotic scenes in addition to a solid story. The problem ICC has (and that Lewdlab has had as well, honestly) is that the games are slow builds, and they'll frequently spend the majority of an update building up scenes or characters organically. NLT is always good for two or three sex scenes an update, but ICC likes to tease us with masturbation or handjobs instead. While that definitely makes for a much better experience in the long run, it does put the onus on the creator to keep the narrative moving in each update.

What ICC has done is compound the problem by adding a massive hiatus to one story while he works on the other. A.D. is still in the early stages so it's likely we won't see any major development in characters for years to come, and people have been anxiously waiting for some serious Melissa content in F.I.L.F. for years already. To quote Kvothe from the Kingkiller Chronicle: "When you wait a few span or month to hear a finished song, the anticipation adds savor. But after a year excitement begins to sour." As interested as I am in the strong premise and introduction to A.D. I couldn't justify supporting him on Patreon knowing that it'll be ages before he'll be actively working on it again.

With all that said, if it keeps him happy for the moment and he's making enough money then I wish him nothing but the best. But pretending that it's a smart business or creative decision isn't going to do anyone any favors.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Well that's a matter of taste.

I do love me some NLT but his games are pure smut. Some people like fast lewd pacing others like a build up and some psychos like A Wife and Mother. The amount of content per month is the question we should be asking if we're talking about a dev not putting in enough effort into a game. The amount of lewd per update is more of a personal 'do I like this game'.

If you don't like to wait just to get blue balled when an update does come out I completely get that. I played a number of games early in development that had slow pacing I put on a 'do not play till completed folder'.

Reactions: MurkyTurtle

byskup

Apr 26, 2017

I guess you read really slow...?

Aug 6, 2019
:sleep::oops::unsure:
you guys are noisy talking about this. they take it easy. I was sleeping because the FILF update was not clear. according to the last conversation, this is mid-November 2040, there is no clear evidence. don't talk about this anymore.
please, don't make our own hearts waiting for Melissa who doesn't come too.
Let's go to sleep. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
1.png
samduocamshow_05.png

FILF V0.12 Progress Report 11/17

Hey everyone,
I'm currently working on a small repeatable lewd scene with Sam. I just finished a 40 image / 4 animation scene between her and the MC as well. I want to have a BETA out before the end of the month so I'm going to do just that. It will be 2-3 scenes short of what I aimed for, but will have all the content I have 100% completed by that time.
What I will be doing is updating the download link with a 'B" version that'll have the other scenes added ASAP. What I suggest is either bookmark the link once it's provided or save it somewhere if you lose access to the post after the end of the month! My next post will most likely be the BETA release. Thanks!

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
dev spoils too much..at this point, I literally know what to expect from the next update...lol
You can do what I plan to do. Wait for three updates before getting invested again.

Anytime a game goes on hold and comes back I give it three updates to make sure the dev it really back. I still havn't played the latest MILFY City update.

I fully expect ICC to stick with it but it's just a thing I do. Plus you build up three updates worth of content to play which is great.

3.90 star(s) 103 Votes