Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I've noticed that when there is a tool update, it keeps searching and updating the list in the background. This means that when I click yes to update and relaunch, I miss the popup with all the game updates that happened.

Is there a way to check for tool updates first and wait until it has updated and relaunched or the user clicks skip? I suppose I can uncheck the refresh at launch option, it would just be more convenient this way.
hm right hadnt thought of that... ill see what i can come up with. prolly will just separate the update check and make it run after the refresh is done

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
@j21818 all fixed :D now it first finishes the refresh routine (this includes the potential updates popup) and only after checks for tool updates

Reactions: j21818

zweistein

Dec 6, 2017
today test your checker :-///

add or refres same problem (system linux)

Something went wrong...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/*******/F95CheckerV8.3h1/modules/api.py", line 103, in login
if await check_f95zone_error(token_soup, warn=True):
File "/home/*******/F95CheckerV8.3h1/modules/api.py", line 46, in check_f95zone_error
if soup.select_one('h1:-soup-contains("F95Zone Connection Error")') and soup.select_one('p:-soup-contains("One of our webservers appears to be experiencing difficulties")'):
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/bs4/element.py", line 1749, in select_one
value = self.select(selector, namespaces, 1, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/bs4/element.py", line 1784, in select
results = soupsieve.select(selector, self, namespaces, limit, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/soupsieve/__init__.py", line 114, in select
return compile(select, namespaces, flags, **kwargs).select(tag, limit)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/soupsieve/__init__.py", line 63, in compile
return cp._cached_css_compile(pattern, namespaces, custom, flags)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/soupsieve/css_parser.py", line 206, in _cached_css_compile
CSSParser(pattern, custom=custom_selectors, flags=flags).process_selectors(),
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/soupsieve/css_parser.py", line 1062, in process_selectors
return self.parse_selectors(self.selector_iter(self.pattern), index, flags)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/soupsieve/css_parser.py", line 919, in parse_selectors
has_selector, is_html = self.parse_pseudo_class(sel, m, has_selector, iselector, is_html)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/soupsieve/css_parser.py", line 656, in parse_pseudo_class
raise NotImplementedError(
NotImplementedError: ':-soup-contains' pseudo-class is not implemented at this time
otherwise great idea just keep going sorry I don't know English well (google translator)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
today test your checker :-///

add or refres same problem (system linux)

otherwise great idea just keep going sorry I don't know English well (google translator)
update the requirements
Code:
sudo pip install --upgrade -r requirements_linux.txt

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
I'm not sure what's changed but when I downloaded this today Firefox flagged the download.

Virustotal 20/58 vendors flagged the download as suspicious:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I'm not sure what's changed but when I downloaded this today Firefox flagged the download.

Virustotal 20/58 vendors flagged the download as suspicious:
I didnt change anything apart from whats stated in the changelog, and all downloads are connected to the automatic builds on github, so if you know what youre doing you can see for yourself on github that all that happens is:
  • i make changes to the code and commit them
  • when i feel like its good to release i create the release on github
  • the github release triggers an action workflow that builds the executable from source (both source and the detailed steps of the workflow are on the github repo)
  • the releae artifact from the workflow gets attached to the release tag
  • i manually update the thread here on f95zone, but only link directly to github
what i did notice is that yesterday github actions (what builds the releases to avoid the release being compromised) had some downtime

however i believe its unrelated. what i think is happening is that it hasnt been downloaded much for now, and when an exe does not have a certificate (no way im spending 100$+ on a cert) if there are not many users for the file most antiviruses insta-flag it

Reactions: weirdscix

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
I didnt change anything apart from whats stated in the changelog, and all downloads are connected to the automatic builds on github, so if you know what youre doing you can see for yourself on github that all that happens is:
  • i make changes to the code and commit them
  • when i feel like its good to release i create the release on github
  • the github release triggers an action workflow that builds the executable from source (both source and the detailed steps of the workflow are on the github repo)
  • the releae artifact from the workflow gets attached to the release tag
  • i manually update the thread here on f95zone, but only link directly to github
what i did notice is that yesterday github actions (what builds the releases to avoid the release being compromised) had some downtime

however i believe its unrelated. what i think is happening is that it hasnt been downloaded much for now, and when an exe does not have a certificate (no way im spending 100$+ on a cert) if there are not many users for the file most antiviruses insta-flag it
Reasonable, I just wanted to give you a heads-up, I tend to trust my installed AV and Malware products rather that browser/VT resuults.

zweistein

Dec 6, 2017
update the requirements
Code:
sudo pip install --upgrade -r requirements_linux.txt
sudo pip3 install --upgrade -r requirements_linux.txt
Collecting clint
Using cached clint-0.5.1.tar.gz (29 kB)
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement fcntl (from -r requirements_linux.txt (line 2)) (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for fcntl (from -r requirements_linux.txt (line 2))

delete 2. line update comlet, it looks okay

add sh script update for create link on "desctop".

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
sudo pip3 install --upgrade -r requirements_linux.txt
Collecting clint
Using cached clint-0.5.1.tar.gz (29 kB)
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement fcntl (from -r requirements_linux.txt (line 2)) (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for fcntl (from -r requirements_linux.txt (line 2))

delete 2. line update comlet, it looks okay

add sh script update for create link on "desctop".
thanks for the update to the shell script, i can see how that would work better!

so does it work now?

Reactions: zweistein

zweistein

Dec 6, 2017
thanks for the update to the shell script, i can see how that would work better!

so does it work now?
yop now all correct

PS: maybe picture width +++ right panel (no picture is approx 4 px smaller on refresh button)
I don't know if it will translate correctly ... multicolor buttons instead of checkbox red -> not downloaded -> yellow / orange front -> green downloaded the state of play could be a new version available in yellow and the green will be completed ... I don't know how it's already solved, but this might not be a waste.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
So the tool always successfully updates and doesn't seem to have any issues but every time I update it I get this message. Since it ends up working anyway I'm not too worried about it but if there's something I can do to not get this message when I update that'd be great.

Screenshot 2021-05-23 203922.png

Reactions: WillyJL

firefiredire

Jul 25, 2020
WillyJL quick question. How did you manage logins to the access point https://f95zone.to/login/login ?
I ask this because when I try to send the following post request to the server

Python:
baseurl   = "https://f95zone.to/"
loginpage = "https://f95zone.to/login/"
loginpost = "https://f95zone.to/login/login"

username ="username"
password ="password"
with requests.Session() as s:
    # Grab site data
    site      = s.get(loginpage).text
    site_soup = bs(site,'html.parser')

# Payload
    payload   = {                
                    "login":               username,
                    "url":                 "",
                    "password":            password,
                    "password_confirm":    "",
                    "additional_security": "",
                    "remember":            "1",
                    "_xfRedirect":          baseurl+"/",
                    "website_code":        "",
                    "_xfToken":            site_soup.select_one('input[name="_xfToken"]').get('value')
                    }

headers              = {'Content-type': 'application/json', 'Accept': 'text/plain',"user-agent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/84.0.4147.125 Safari/537.36"}

post= s.post(loginpost,data   = json.dumps(payload),headers=headers)
I get a 400 response. This is what I assumed you had done in your code.

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
So the tool always successfully updates and doesn't seem to have any issues but every time I update it I get this message. Since it ends up working anyway I'm not too worried about it but if there's something I can do to not get this message when I update that'd be great.

View attachment 1209004
aware of it but have no clue myself... also sadly wouldnt be able to do much since the update.exe would be running while updating so if i update it, the update.exe itself wouldnt get fixed by autoupdating, youd need to redownload manually to fix it...
i will try to fix it though, if i manage something i guess ill update it anyway and add a note that if you want to fix update.exe you need to redownload manually

bitogno

May 9, 2018
Hi, I have an issue when installing requirements for linux:

Bash:
$ pip install --upgrade -r requirements_linux.txt
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement fcntl
ERROR: No matching distribution found for fcntl

EDIT: removing the dependency works

Last edited:

bitogno

May 9, 2018
For new features, adding engine and types of game (for example, Renpy and VN) in the list and adding tags in the game window (the one you open by clicking a name) could be nice. With that, filtering by tags, type and engine and sorting by type and engine would be nice too.
(I seem to remember that getting tags might cause the too many requests on the server, if it's the case then obviously this feature is out of question :) )

Btw, If need some help for coding, you can ask me.

EDIT: Other features: having a checkbox to indicate whether we finished the current version of the game and having a grading system and being able to sort/filter by grade or if we finished the version, if we installed the last update or if the game is completed

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
For new features, adding engine and types of game (for example, Renpy and VN) in the list and adding tags in the game window (the one you open by clicking a name) could be nice. With that, filtering by tags, type and engine and sorting by type and engine would be nice too.
(I seem to remember that getting tags might cause the too many requests on the server, if it's the case then obviously this feature is out of question :) )

Btw, If need some help for coding, you can ask me.

EDIT: Other features: having a checkbox to indicate whether we finished the current version of the game and having a grading system and being able to sort/filter by grade or if we finished the version, if we installed the last update or if the game is completed
alright, so

> having a checkbox to indicate whether we finished the current version of the game
already a feature, you have the installed checkbox and next to it the finished checkbox

> having a grading system
dope idea, though might confuse since f95 itself has a grading system... have to think about this but its a cool idea

> being able to sort/filter by grade or if we finished the version, if we installed the last update or if the game is completed
some degree of filtering can already be done, you can type into the add box at the bottom "completed" or "onhold" or "abandoned", or just the name / version of the game and only relevant stuff will popup.
however, this is not a good solution and i might look into making a separate small window (like you can do now with the color picker window) that you open with a button and has many filtering options. i think more filtering than sorting because sorting has to make changes to the config file and also id say that some of the most sensed sorting options are already here

> ... adding tags in the game window ... filtering by tags ...
to add to the previous point, yes i was holding off on tags for when id get the will to make a separate filtering window
also i wouldnt make anything special for engine and type, since those count as tags on f95 anyways so ill just make a tags filtering options
as for the rate limits, id think i can just add the tags when the tool fetches the game thread to figure out changelog, image and so on, since theyre right at the top of the thread

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
This is flagged as malware?
anything without a certificate will be flagged as malware if it doesn't have a huge userbase. certificates cost upwards of 100$, and im not spending that much on an update checker for nsfw games, sorry.

either you trust its safe and add it to exclusions (you can also read all the code on github if thats what you want to do) or you dont use it.

Reactions: itslydiabxtch
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes