Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
1660982109313.png

slow day in Latest/updates and #releases on discord, thought I'd do one last check before sleep. yay lots of games got updated...right?
"Hahaha sike! guess who got updated to abandoned!! also fuck your dreams"

• Haha
Reactions: WillyJL

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
WillyJL

Request: Improve bug that shows developper name as unknown
it currently fails if it's in bold and was wondering what it takes to fix this. Either fix it from the app or from the forum
so, very good news. ive made a nice discovery that will help drastically with this. parsing the thread as plain text but putting each element's text on its own line makes it trivial to parse it! tested on my list, nothing improved or worsened because none of the games in my list had parsing issues, but im now stress testing with your list (great testing material btw xD) and i see many improvements and 0 regressions. what is affected by this parsing change is version, last update time and developer. versions and last update times had no impact, literally all games had them equal with the old and new parsing method. developers however were detected a lot better, only 2 problematic ones were "brain damaged" where the developer isnt mentioned so it grabbed the next line ("censored") as the developer name, and "studio oppai collection" where the developer text is a link. so to be fair both of those are not an issue with the tool but the thread, and also is still an improvement over not being detected at all. ill see if i can apply something similar to changelog and overview too, then report back when i have updates / a build for you to try.

EDIT: its not perfect with a list as big as yours, and i cant possibly detect all kinds of broken threads, but its an improvement. ive triggered a new build, again make sure to backup the db. i tried supporting also cases where the whole "developer: asdf" is all in plain text and not bold, but that lead to issues with detecting the wrong stuff inside other parts of the thread like changelogs and similar (remember the detection code is same for version too so i dont want to make it unreliable) so those are still not detected... also had a quick peek at what could be done for changelog and overview to detect them better and im afraid this new parsing method is not be applicable there
Was about to post an I think related issue when I spotted your reply to G A B's post.

I'm also having an issue with a developer name not getting parsed properly, this one is from Intimate Relations, in this thread the line uses Developer/publisher: resulting in the developer name getting parsed as a forward slash. seeing you've tackled G A B's issue, and seeing on github def get_game_attr is now using regexp, would that also fix this particular issue?

I do have to ask however about this
only 2 problematic ones were "brain damaged" where the developer isnt mentioned
I also have some none-VN/Game threads in F95Checker where the developer text isn't mentioned in the thread's first post, current release build has the developers just listed as "Unknown", so I'd rather see that than have it now skip and pickup whatever might match further down.

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Was about to post an I think related issue when I spotted your reply to G A B's post.

I'm also having an issue with a developer name not getting parsed properly, this one is from Intimate Relations, in this thread the line uses Developer/publisher: resulting in the developer name getting parsed as a forward slash. seeing you've tackled G A B's issue, and seeing on github def get_game_attr is now using regexp, would that also fix this particular issue?
Replied to you on GitHub, but yeah try latest build since that has the new regexp, I can’t test myself right now but if it still doesn’t work it’s probably because the / in between developer and publisher is not bold, so it counts “developer”, “/“ and “publisher” as 3 different bits of text...

I also have some none-VN/Game threads in F95Checker where the developer text isn't mentioned in the thread's first post, current release build has the developers just listed as "Unknown", so I'd rather see that than have it now skip and pickup whatever might match further down.
I didn’t explain clearly what I meant. In that game’s case the thread has a line that says:
Developer:
So the parser finds the “developer” string and assigns the next bit of text as the game’s developer, and since after “developer:” there is nothing it will get the next bit of text on the next line. In your case we are probably talking about games that don’t even mention a “developer:” in the thread, so those will remain “unknown”

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Replied to you on GitHub, but yeah try latest build since that has the new regexp, I can’t test myself right now but if it still doesn’t work it’s probably because the / in between developer and publisher is not bold, so it counts “developer”, “/“ and “publisher” as 3 different bits of text...
You're correct, the slash is inserted as none-bold ( <b>Developer</b>/<b>publisher:</b> PTOLEMY )
also replied same on github (sorry about the dupe, thought I hadn't clicked post yet)

I didn’t explain clearly what I meant. In that game’s case the thread has a line that says:
Developer:
So the parser finds the “developer” string and assigns the next bit of text as the game’s developer, and since after “developer:” there is nothing it will get the next bit of text on the next line. In your case we are probably talking about games that don’t even mention a “developer:” in the thread, so those will remain “unknown”
Alright, then that will indeed not be(come) an issue since indeed, "developer:" isn't mentioned at all

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
bug on beta version. update screen doesn't show properly since buttons aren't aligned properly. Pressing Esc does a different effect where almost everything is clickable but there's no changes when clicked F95Checker_UXlb40vfqE.gif
build 514 btw

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Ran into a small confusing thing with column names versus filterable items.
In the column header context menu, the cloud icon is named "Installed" but when you select the filter option "Installed" it filters on the state of the "play button" rather than on the state of the "installed" checkbox, which is a bit confusing

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Ran into a small confusing thing with column names versus filterable items.
In the column header context menu, the cloud icon is named "Installed" but when you select the filter option "Installed" it filters on the state of the "play button" rather than on the state of the "installed" checkbox, which is a bit confusing
Huh, I must have gotten them mixed up lol

Eger

Aug 2, 2017
Something strange happened with the program. For the past few days I've been getting a error 400, can't refresh.
Site link is too weird.
Version 9.3.1, Windows 11
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Something strange happened with the program. For the past few days I've been getting a error 400, can't refresh.
Site link is too weird.
Version 9.3.1, Windows 11
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Try clearing the cookies from sidebar > manage > clear

Reactions: Eger

xjrfphv384

Mar 25, 2022
Bug:
- I changed the grid columns to something other than the default 3, in my case 6 + ENTER
- From that point on sorting by various columns in the list view no longer works

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Bug:
- I changed the grid columns to something other than the default 3, in my case 6 + ENTER
- From that point on sorting by various columns in the list view no longer works
You probably accidentally enabled manual sort where you can drag games to render them. Right click the column header and disable it

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
just realised donor feature is simply an url + thread #
so like https://f95zone.to/threads/my-employees-family-ep-5-funny-desires.43072/ goes into https://f95zone.to/sam/donor_ddl.php?id=43072

My request is, would it be possible to add a feature that copies the donor url based on a toggle button? I'm sure another app can do the rest to automate downloading
wow nevermind, download feature just got on-hold for an unknown time. good thing I already did my downloads in batch last night. Found out this morning it won't work anymore...
Well, you can still add the feature to your to-do list in the future, but at least lower the priority on it :)

forgetmaster

Oct 14, 2020
been like this for 3 days, some games get updated, but I dont think all of them are

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
WillyJL Love the new version. Good job.

You may have a few bugs to squash, but consider the size of the program now. Would almost be weird if there were none.
All the necessary + more works flawlessly it seems. The updates of all my games are consistent with what I've seen on mobile while I've been away.

found a bug
*me ripping my hair on how this happens*
I'm getting the same thing.

• Red Heart
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes