Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
I do have some mixed opinions about this game.
A Fairy Tail hentai game was already long overdue, as there are so many hot characters in the franchise. So my hopes for this game are still high. Sadly, I was a bit disappointed after playing the current build for the first time.

What I like so far are the majority of models and also the idea of playing as a young August. At first I was a rather skeptical, but then quickly grew to like the idea a lot.
I might have missed the dialogue for it, but when and why did August's hair color turn from Mavis blonde to Zeref black? Was there a line somewhere about changing it as a disguise? I personally highly preferred the blonde version, it makes him look less like a generic anime protagonist.
The choice of female characters is also something I can agree with.
Your choice for MC to be more sexually confident is also highly appreciated. If we were forced to play as a shy, insecure virigin, I would have give up any hope for this game straight away. Even with possible femdom paths and so on, a guy doesn't need to be shy and insecure about it.

Here comes the negative part. I'm honestly not a fan of the setting you have chosen. August as MC is good, as I mentioned above, but the weirdly scrambled Post-Canon timeline feels too contrived for my personal tastes. It's basically just a way to get all the girls you wanted together in one location, but I believe that there were better ways to do this. A setting that is either before or during the series would have allowed you to do the same, but without the need for premise changes.
I realize that it might be a tad too late already to make any huge changes, but I feel like I should at least share what I thought of anyway.
My personal suggestion for a plot similar to yours would be a spirit version of August and Irene arriving at a set date like X777 with the intentions of changing their own fates to be something less dead, while also affecting the timeline to their personal benefit in other ways. They could then both create new artificial bodies when arriving, maybe even optionally allowing you to make a few custom choices here like hair color or maybe even Irene's age.
The basic premise here could then be to intervene in select events that would each lead to a girl's story line.
For example, saving Layla, who they might know opened the Eclipse Gate, from death would add her and or Lucy (and logically also Brandish) as a possible LIs later on.
Rescuing Erza from the Tower of Heaven, maybe because they wanted to check out the R-System, would open up her and the route of the Irene of the timeline they arrived in (So possibly one younger that arrived with you and one mature Irene). Similar stories with Ultear, Ur (reversing her magic maybe), Meredy, Flare, Mira and Lisanna, etc. The demons could still be subjugated through power. Mavis's route might require us to help Zeref break his curse or something like that.
It would also be interesting if old August would be an obstacle, as he doesn't realize at first you two are technically the same person.

My final critique would be the pseudo-sandbox style of the game. This is a more general criticism and is also highly dependant on personal taste, but I really dislike it when I want to go somewhere and it tells me 'Nothing to do there; Come back later' and so forth. A coherent visual novel is so much less of a hassle to play, because usually you are lead to where the action is and can then choose if you're interested in what's going on or not. With you it's not that bad, as there as so few places to go at the moment, but I sure hope you don't plan on increasing that aspect even further.

If any of my points are helpful to you, then I'll have achieved my personal goal with this post. I wish you much success with your game. Also be sure to always declare it as a parody and check the right for the songs you used to avoid any future issues with copyright.
Hi Reficul , thanks for your review. I really appreciate it when you put in all the details of what you think and etc. It helps a lot to improve not only the look of the game but also the story, and I understood your point of view. I'll answer some of your questions, but not everything can be explained, for the *obvious* issue of being a spoiler.

So, you get absorbed into Mavis's dimension by enchanting an object, right? Zeref has put an item similar to a *Lacrima* inside you, right? Your personality is changing and you sometimes in history have conflicts with yourself so to speak, doing things that you would have no idea you would do. That's where I'm setting the stage for things from the future, this game doesn't faithfully follow the 100year manga BUT uses stuff from there too. Natsu, Gray, Juvia, Lucy, these 4 are characters that we will only see in the future, they are not close to arriving, because the current story divides Fairy Tail into 2 groups, 1 are solving the Dragon case, and the other is dealing with *Cultists* (it's already clear that these aren't normal cultists), so aspects of 100Y will be used, and we'll have characters from there as well, but the main point is CHAOS, you're basically the new Zeref, without the witch's curse. But beyond that, you'll be learning spells that make possible what Acnologia did, which is traveling between dimensions, that's already a big spoiler, so I think I'll stop here! (Dimensions, not Time, just to let clean)
What I want you to understand is that the story has a purpose, and little by little you will understand it and meet the characters, which by the way, you will have the option of whether or not you want to interact sexually with them. Of course, characters like Irene and Kyouka don't have this option, they are part of the main story.

Talking about the hair, it changed because of the look of Zeref you have now, there's not much explanation, really. Of course, once you understand what's going on, it's easier to get acquainted and I believe that will be your case.

About the sandbox mechanics, I'm really limited with this man... I make to different places at the cost of shutting some, that's why I'm doing "Chapters", it's just to make it clear that the map will be very limited, as I am just me in this project, my Patreon isn't that much a thing as you can check there (Thanks everyone helping btw, love you guys <3), so it becomes difficult for me to have so much free time for my project itself. (Let's say it's a personal matter as well)

About copyright; Don't worry, I asked permission to use these soundtracks, there's one that doesn't, but it says it's copyright-free, so it's valid.

Thanks for the comment, and I hope I've made it a little clearer about what I'm doing with the game.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Will there be a fix or will it be fixed in the next version? Just wanna know if i should wait for a fix (means i need to keep this tab open to not forget about it) or just check the latest updates as usual ^^

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
Will there be a fix or will it be fixed in the next version? Just wanna know if i should wait for a fix (means i need to keep this tab open to not forget about it) or just check the latest updates as usual ^^
Some news? I have tried several times and the scene doesn't happen in any of my games.

AstRider is on it:
Yup same with me.
Download it, go to the game folder and extract there. Let me know if it worked! (Never done a bugfix for renpy before)

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
AstRider, I still don't see the images. I have tried downloading the game again and installing it in a different directory using your new files and it keeps happening (both the MC and cultist showdown part, as well as the missing images) I have also tried starting a new game with it and not changes.

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
AstRider, I still don't see the images. I have tried downloading the game again and installing it in a different directory using your new files and it keeps happening (both the MC and cultist showdown part, as well as the missing images) I have also tried starting a new game with it and not changes.
That kind strange. I'm still not getting that bug from the MC btw. (Played the downloaded one, not mine project.)
I try again to fix it by the late night, if it still keeps the bug, I'll have to redo the entire line for the next up.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
That kind strange. I'm still not getting that bug from the MC btw. (Played the downloaded one, not mine project.)
I try again to fix it by the late night, if it still keeps the bug, I'll have to redo the entire line for the next up.
I have completely removed the game and saves and am going to try again.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
It still the same:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On the other hand, if I load a game (I have deleted them to check if something changed, but I made a copy just in case) saved in the middle of the event, it appears without problems:

I'm not sure why this is happening.

I don't know if uploading my saved games will help.

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
It still the same:

On the other hand, if I load a game (I have deleted them to check if something changed, but I made a copy just in case) saved in the middle of the event, it appears without problems:

I'm not sure why this is happening.

I don't know if uploading my saved games will help.

You have to delete the whole data of the game to work properly xC
I don't know how it works tbh, i'm finding myself confused since my game is working normal to me. :(

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
You have to delete the whole data of the game to work properly xC
I don't know how it works tbh, i'm finding myself confused since my game is working normal to me. :(
Apart from the game folder and the saved games in "AppData / Roaming / RenPy" are there more game files?

I deleted these two before downloading the game again and installing it (I made a backup of the saves folder)

Reactions: Mei Lien~

Mei Lien~

Fairy Apprentice devs!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
Apart from the game folder and the saved games in "AppData / Roaming / RenPy" are there more game files?

I deleted these two before downloading the game again and installing it (I made a backup of the saves folder)
Hey, please try this one and tell me if everything will work fine: >>>> <<<<
>>>> <<<<

If possible, start a new game from 0 to test everything. I can't give you anything in return but you will be doing a great help to everyone testing it, since I'm still at work I can't test it myself. (Have 7h ahead of work still...)

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Hey, please try this one and tell me if everything will work fine: >>>> DOWNLOAD MEGA <<<<
>>>> <<<<

If possible, start a new game from 0 to test everything. I can't give you anything in return but you will be doing a great help to everyone testing it, since I'm still at work I can't test it myself. (Have 7h ahead of work still...)
I think that this time all works perfect. (y) (y)

I have made a quick view and it seems that everything is there and no image is lost. Tonight I will play it for real.

• Red Heart

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Didnt restart because i had no past problems. The missing images are gone and the spirit shows itself as intended ^^
But if you visit wendys room 2 times you are back at the menu, again without some "save now" warning. This time i remembered it and made a save there, but please put some "game ends in one click" warning on future ends ;)

Sgt. M

Nov 29, 2018
what choices increase corruption or love? Also please add pregnancy eventually and some kind of stat to show how much love or corruption a person has.

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes