3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Also found the "problematic" monster, the Hippokampoi. Strange that dogs and dragons are ok, but not horses. 'Muricans.

Hippokampoi.jpg

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Adapting to 0.30 (fixed the block edge flickering, it's strange only a issue with 0.30)
DOF definitely broke in the move from 4.21 to 4.25 but streaming quality is excellent and pretty stable now Project Helius Art assets shine all the time, in their pretty much highest possible output and perception quality.

We are on the last few miles to Unreal 5

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't believe it i have all these UHD pictures open now and it still streams stable with a roughly 1.8-2.5 GB VRAM target from USB3 Mechanical

Last edited:

BlackSwordfish

Oct 18, 2020
Hello there,
I'm running into pretty much the same problem that Lazlo123 mentioned earlier, whereby the game freezes / stops responding when I get to the loading screen.
Does anyone have any idea what might cause this? Thanks in advance!

rf96

Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
11,531 patrons, damn. They must be above $100,000 per month.

rf96

Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Hello there,
I'm running into pretty much the same problem that Lazlo123 mentioned earlier, whereby the game freezes / stops responding when I get to the loading screen.
You have a potato PC.

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
Hello there,
You have a potato PC.
BlackSwordfish Those specs are probably at the low end of what this game can run on. Does your laptop have an SSD in it? From personal experience, this game seems to be very sensitive to drive speed.

rf96

Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
BlackSwordfish Those specs are probably at the low end of what this game can run on. Does your laptop have an SSD in it? From personal experience, this game seems to be very sensitive to drive speed.
He has only 4GB of RAM when the game uses 2GB on my PC, so I don't think he can run it. I don't even know how he can run Windows 10.

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
He has only 4GB of RAM when the game uses 2GB on my PC, so I don't think he can run it. I don't even know how he can run Windows 10.
Minimum RAM requirements for Windows 10 is 2 GB, so the laptop can run it. With a swap file, that computer will likely start the game, but Windows will be thrashing, copying memory contents between RAM and the swap file while doing so. The long loading screens will seem even longer as Windows tries to free RAM and access the hard drive at the same time.

VengefulKron

Aug 17, 2018
Hello there,
The game isn't freezing, it just stops responding while it's loading. (Which can be resolved by the devs with some really simple multi-threading, but that's a different topic.) Check your task manager when it stops responding, you'll likely see your disk pinned at 100% while it's loading all the data. Just give it some time. If you have a particularly slow PC, it could take a few minutes.

EDIT: As others have mentioned, your RAM may also be too low to run the game smoothly. After fully loading in, the process uses about 3.9GB of RAM on my system. Windows alone uses some RAM, so you won't have that much available to use, which will likely lead to some pretty severe stuttering.

Last edited:

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
The game isn't freezing, it just stops responding while it's loading. (Which can be resolved by the devs with some really simple multi-threading, but that's a different topic.) Check your task manager when it stops responding, you'll likely see your disk pinned at 100% while it's loading all the data. Just give it some time. If you have a particularly slow PC, it could take a few minutes.

EDIT: As others have mentioned, your RAM may also be too low to run the game smoothly. After fully loading in, the process uses about 3.9GB of RAM on my system. Windows alone uses some RAM, so you won't have that much available to use, which will likely lead to some pretty severe stuttering.
I wondered if the long load times would be that easy to fix. Usually I have my downloaded games on a hard drive, and the load time would literally be about a minute on a computer with an overclocked i5-7600K running at 4.5GHz, 32 GB RAM, and an RX570 with 8 GB of VRAM. This release, I downloaded and ran the game from my SSD (a 1 TB Intel 660p NVME) and easily cut the load times in half, at least.

I never paid attention to how much RAM the game used when loaded, but 4 GB would be a believable number to me. Somebody trying to run this on a computer with only 4 GB of RAM total would definitely be leaning hard on the swap file at that point, making the load times even longer as the reads from the drive are getting interrupted by writes to the swap file, likely on the same drive if the defaults are used.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
I wondered if the long load times would be that easy to fix. Usually I have my downloaded games on a hard drive, and the load time would literally be about a minute on a computer with an overclocked i5-7600K running at 4.5GHz, 32 GB RAM, and an RX570 with 8 GB of VRAM. This release, I downloaded and ran the game from my SSD (a 1 TB Intel 660p NVME) and easily cut the load times in half, at least.

I never paid attention to how much RAM the game used when loaded, but 4 GB would be a believable number to me. Somebody trying to run this on a computer with only 4 GB of RAM total would definitely be leaning hard on the swap file at that point, making the load times even longer as the reads from the drive are getting interrupted by writes to the swap file, likely on the same drive if the defaults are used.

It needs to cache 2 things at least you might have the Driver Cache and additionally the cache for the Substance Materials (Cache is created and accessed on the Main Hard Drive Windows Appdata path) used and maybe some small Shader pre compile time.
The first execution in General will take more time, it has unfortunately no progress bar for what it does though intervention from the Drivers Shader Compiler level can't be really shown in a Progress bar, the rest though could be.

Overall the Texture Streaming is extremely efficient but IO should be at least decent as well depending on the resolution target.

Every of my results runs over USB3 7500 RPM and Sata 3 Mechanical though with a SSD cache in between

A camera cycle roughly can need up to 100 MB data load per second in my case currently, but it does it without any problems wasn't the case with 0.29 it was much more unstable in those regards.

Though impossible for me to put it at this speed into a acceptable Video i need at least a Headroom of 10 FPS currently, so optimal would be 40 FPS stable, working on it.

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Show me the the highest achievable Native UHD output you reach at close distant, but please stay in reasonable Performance Space (33 ms target)
in compare to one of my previous results but leaving Temporal AA enabled and take the screenshot while in Motion.
Chose the Frame you like to compare too and capture what actually comes out Realtime for you
i don't count the additional JPG compression step here though at all

Is DOF broken for you since the 0.30 move as well ?

Sylphs result is interesting up to a given distance he has a very high plastic detail layer result tought the Stealth suit has overall also a very high quality with very fine details.

Her Hair + SSSS Result of course takes the most Frame Processing time

The biggest visual issue is still that Temporal Ghosting, especially with translucent complex materials.

The Stockings are Temporal AA problem bombs same as the Restricted Area Sign

Best to see it completely falling apart with the Alet&Erika Scene in front of the Glass Window (Restricted Area) when both have the Stockings on

Last edited:

27X

Oct 30, 2019
The fact you're using AA at all pretty much spells it out, the fact the streaming and manifest settings can't handle native 4 or 8K at 20 feet when while with the same settings you can run Alien Isolation which has frustum occluded models with five times the polycount at 16K says more than enough factually. Hell WildLife has like five times the draw distance and runs at about 2.5 to three times the framerate with the exact same ini and settings.

Hello there,
The bottom stats on your list there are the primary problems you probably also need to set update lag allowance to 10 frames or higher:

• Go to the this link:
  • There you will find a section called TdrDelay it gives you all the information you need to create a registry key that will change the delay time
  • To open your registry open your start menu and type "run" once the window is open type "regedit" and hit OK
  • Now you should have Registry Editor open this is where you will use the info at the website I just linked.
  • First navigate the key path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
  • Right click on GraphicsDrivers and go to new> DWORD (32 bit) value
  • You will see a new key appear make sure to name it "TdrDelay"
  • Right click it and select "modify"
  • Under Value data enter 10 (this is the number of seconds to delay) make sure you have Decimal selected as the base
  • Hit okay and restart your system

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
a TDR causes under normal perfect conditions a driver reset pushing you back to the Desktop not a freeze at least it should, but since Windows 10 became so TDR problematic who knows.

The fact you're using AA at all pretty much spells it out, the fact the streaming and manifest settings can't handle native 4 or 8K at 20 feet when while with the same settings you can run Alien Isolation which has frustum occluded models with five times the polycount at 16K says more than enough factually. Hell WildLife has like five times the draw distance and runs at about 2.5 to three times the framerate with the exact same ini and settings.
AA is absolutely needed especially for those stockings result, else you endup in Moire Pattern hell with them.
And Wild-Life at Cinematic Distance is not really that much Different, the SSSS and Translucency Performance start to take overall anything and the bandwidth increase through the AA additionally on top of that not to speak of the DOF bandwidth increase if it would be extreme quality.

I gonna try to balance this out a bit next.

PS: Also i would say some Materials are better quality than many of the Wild-Life results overall the Stealth Suit is quiet high quality and very impressive work not sure what i could compare it with in Wild-Life on this overall quality Result.
This is also a Problem with the Stockings the quality is so high that they become extremely problematic to handle ;)

Like some TV Engineer would still go crazy today with them if you come to the TV show recording with those ;)

And yeah Paralogue is one of my Perceptual favorites of so many lame Indie UE projects it has such professional asset quality that even beats a lot of Tripple AAA results that already downgraded them ;)

And with 4.25 (0.30) they start to shine on many more systems

Unity really needs to hurry up bringing their Streaming acquisitions results finally for free to the masses in such a stable form ;)
Never thought i would say this of Unreals Streaming Performance/Quality one day but with 4.25 they nailed it so far, they really worked their asses of refactoring it :D

A pretty good preview for what we can expect in Unreal 5

Wild-Life and Paralogue showcase it Wild-Life a bit more complex so far at least more visible for outdoors but if you understand what is going on here in Paralogue as well on that side it is as impressive and you don't need a Open World to see the improvements on the base ;)

It seems to have finally arrived here with sylphs

(pun intended)

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes