3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
This game does not work ..
In what way does the game not work?
Are you trying to play it as the full eventually to be released game where you can move around and explore with multiple players? If so, that is not yet available as stated in the first post.

Are you trying to play it to explore the different scenes in VR? If so, it requires that steamVR be installed.

Other reasons???

asaness

Apr 9, 2018
How does support in patreon work for the key say i bought a membership to him and then i get a key for the game in steam so even if i dont sub to him after 1 month i keep game?

lukaaas

Mar 25, 2020
With each update the performance is getting worse for VR, which is a shame. I'm running a pretty beefy setup, but still have to reduce the resolution to 40% to even work properly. Even with that, the framerates are below 30 (unplayable in VR) so I ended up using the Universal U4 Unlocker and disabling shadows. Now I get up to 48 frames, which is at least acceptable. Has anyone had success with optimizing the game further?

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
With each update the performance is getting worse for VR, which is a shame. I'm running a pretty beefy setup, but still have to reduce the resolution to 40% to even work properly. Even with that, the framerates are below 30 (unplayable in VR) so I ended up using the Universal U4 Unlocker and disabling shadows. Now I get up to 48 frames, which is at least acceptable. Has anyone had success with optimizing the game further?
same for me. running the game with a RTX 3080 and oculus quest 2.
i'm forced to stay at a low graphic level to have a decent framerate
Even with high settings and 100% pixel density, the game is not that beautiful (~20-25 fps lmao)
game's "optimization" is purely unacceptable

akulami

Nov 1, 2018
How does support in patreon work for the key say i bought a membership to him and then i get a key for the game in steam so even if i dont sub to him after 1 month i keep game?
yes im assuming. If you've pledged to them enough for you to give them like $36 you basically purchased the game early and cancellation of your pledge after you've reached the price has no affect since they will send keys out by email i guess. dont quote me on that though.

Echo82

Aug 6, 2018
same for me. running the game with a RTX 3080 and oculus quest 2.
i'm forced to stay at a low graphic level to have a decent framerate
Even with high settings and 100% pixel density, the game is not that beautiful (~20-25 fps lmao)
game's "optimization" is purely unacceptable
I have an Oculus CV1 and a 2070 and it works fine with things on high...

dd99xx

Aug 4, 2019
Did you ever figure this out??? I'm also experiencing the same thing (v0.33 in VR)
I just finally solved this. I believe this may be something with the Unreal Engine defaulting to Chinese?

When you first start the game, still pull the trigger at load screen to go into the game. The first screen that then comes up within the game will still be in Chinese. However, the first option in the middle of that screen is a drop-down menu of languages. Just open that drop down menu and select your language. If you're not getting it, I'd try to delete your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Paralogue folder and try to load things again from scratch.

Just in case it matters, I also at one point ran "UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe" (which is in the game's WindowsNoEditor\Engine\Extras\Redist folder) in case I could get to Unreal Engine options that way, but I don't think it actually did anything.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
So regarding the reservation of a Steam key through Patreon. Future Fragments had to up their price for that same reward because of Steam policies. They don't allow you to sell the game at a lower price than it is on Steam like that. So I wonder if Project Helius will encounter that same problem as well.

Hawkie

Sep 17, 2017
So regarding the reservation of a Steam key through Patreon. Future Fragments had to up their price for that same reward because of Steam policies. They don't allow you to sell the game at a lower price than it is on Steam like that. So I wonder if Project Helius will encounter that same problem as well.
What? to my knowlege there policy on steam keys is once ur game is up on steam u can request game keys for free reviews,game news, OR just for spreading the game out a bit to get some info out there getting keys for ur own game dosnt cost anything extra period.

I am assuming that there patreon reward only gives u a discount not the full game? in witch case they could have just used a coupon......

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
What? to my knowlege there policy on steam keys is once ur game is up on steam u can request game keys for free reviews,game news, OR just for spreading the game out a bit to get some info out there getting keys for ur own game dosnt cost anything extra period.

I am assuming that there patreon reward only gives u a discount not the full game? in witch case they could have just used a coupon......
This is what they said:
However, Steam, per its rules, informed us about a year ago that SPECIFICALLY for Steam, we wouldn't be able to honor that as Steam doesn't allow for us to give away the keys at a discount from the launch price since the game itself hasn't launched on Steam officially.
And you can read more about the issue .

Hawkie

Sep 17, 2017
This is what they said:

And you can read more about the issue .
one were getting off topic, Two you did not answer my assumption, Thirded yea i was right there clueless they WANT to give a Discount but clearly asked steam the wrong questions OR steam has moved away from coupons (Witch is silly i still get them).

And lastly my Assumption was right on the money, they wanted to give a 10$ off discount to people who pledged, When in all honestly they should just Toss the game at those people for free using patreon or another platform like Itch were u can set it to 10$ BEFORE PPL COMMENT u can lock a game behind a wall on Itch so even if steam found out it would not matter the game would not be for public sale on Itch

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
The way I understand is that you pledge a certain total amount and that means you'll get the game for free when it releases on Steam. This effectively means you're buying the game in advance for a lower price than retail. This is the way that Future Fragments does it, and it is the way that Project Helius is doing it. If I'm missing something and I'm wrong, I'd love to hear. And what I'm getting at is that this way of doing it doesn't seem to go well with what Steam allows. So I was wondering if Project Helius would get in trouble or have to change their Steam key reservations in any way. Although they have been and are doing some stuff that I think it on the edge or technically not allowed already, like the nudity in public Patreon posts and bestiality (even if they're imaginary animals).

Hawkie

Sep 17, 2017
The way I understand is that you pledge a certain total amount and that means you'll get the game for free when it releases on Steam. This effectively means you're buying the game in advance for a lower price than retail. This is the way that Future Fragments does it, and it is the way that Project Helius is doing it. If I'm missing something and I'm wrong, I'd love to hear. And what I'm getting at is that this way of doing it doesn't seem to go well with what Steam allows. So I was wondering if Project Helius would get in trouble or have to change their Steam key reservations in any way. Although they have been and are doing some stuff that I think it on the edge or technically not allowed already, like the nudity in public Patreon posts and bestiality (even if they're imaginary animals).
Future fragments has a lower tier that only cuts the price in HALF from there retail price. Well Project Helius has no such tier if i recall

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Future fragments has a lower tier that only cuts the price in HALF from there retail price. Well Project Helius has no such tier if i recall
Both have a certain amount of total money pledged that gives you a Steam key. A total of $20 for Future Fragments (used to be $10), and a total of $36 for Project Lovecraft. It's the exact same system with the only difference being the price.

RenJoker

Aug 29, 2017
so a i7 8th gen, 8gb ram and a gtx 1050 ti isnt enough to run this ? bcs i always freeze at the loading screen
I have a weaker CPU but 12GB ram with the same graphic card as yours, can confirm it runs 30+ on High 1080p but runs more than 60+ on Low 900p, the graphic settings are rigged, just put it low there's no visual difference.

Kintaroe

Apr 5, 2019
I have a weaker CPU but 12GB ram with the same graphic card as yours, can confirm it runs 30+ on High 1080p but runs more than 60+ on Low 900p, the graphic settings are rigged, just put it low there's no visual difference.
Somethings wrong with his pc if it freezes. My old ass laptop also has the same specs and it runs at 50 to 60 at mid settings 1080p with AA.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes