3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Badmenhy

Dec 31, 2017
If you use Operation Lovecraft Fallen Doll Playtest 0.4.5edition.
Download this DLL

and Then drop in Operation Lovecraft Fallen Doll Playtest 0.4.5\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\Steamworks\Steamv147\Win64
maybe Maybe you can run it online.
If not, try reinstalling the certificate as instructed.

I5I5

Jan 25, 2022
Hello all, and thanks for the huge community sharing.

With any version/pack I tried, Mindflayer.Desktop.exe is always crashing, "stopped functionning" instantly.
I tried every step by step guide I could find, and since I seem to be the only one with this very bug, I believe it comes from my Windows 7 x64 custom installation. Indeed, I killed almost all services that I don't need while everything (mainly 3d games) still working of course.
I believe that Mindflayer calls a service for enforcing the pfx certificate and can't start it.
The problem is that there's so many (useless) services, I don't know wich one(s) is(are) involved and turning everyone of them will kill my OS (already tried, some services can not be stopped from running OS, they can only be stopped from custom installation process.

So does anyone know what are the windows software requirements for running "Minflayer.Desktop.exe ?

Thx all !

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Ill just wait for an easier version to download. I don't want to break shit like usual
it's not worth it anyway
Thx for posting, its great that they post this on the platform where they permaban folks from and then don't put it on their steam discussion either or patreon from that I see, but then again I am no longer pledging on there either

So they will rebuild multiplayer which will take time 2-3+ months because they didn't expect that many players to play? When at most its been around 1500 players and now currently its hovering around 100 daily yet they have had around 15-20k patreons each month? How did they not expect a large player count? How does that makes sense or do I understand it wrong?
it's not about the player count. Player count across the whole game has absolutely nothing to do with performance, but player count in a single lobby does....but who would even consider things lobby-wise when you can even be by yourself and the game is still barely playable

I5I5

Jan 25, 2022
EAC is required, double click Installation.bat, Mindflayer is designed to run on legit versions.
I did install EAC with bat file.
I see it launching and service running when I execute FallenDollLauncher.exe.
I wonder why did you think I would help me, is it related to another bug, issue ?

re344555

Oct 13, 2018
it's not worth it anyway

it's not about the player count. Player count across the whole game has absolutely nothing to do with performance, but player count in a single lobby does....but who would even consider things lobby-wise when you can even be by yourself and the game is still barely playable
I know, but they still had server issues when the game first launched and have had connection errors. Still how they didn't fix the shit performance a little bit for that year they worked on it I have no clue, I mean didn't they at least test with 1-3 people internally on the same server and see that performance was shit with multiple people?

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

spicydogstew

May 8, 2019
i downloaded 0.4.5, ran mindflayer, game starts. i click harem mode, long load screen then im back to main menu what am i doing wrong

Echo82

Aug 6, 2018
Thx for posting, its great that they post this on the platform where they permaban folks from and then don't put it on their steam discussion either or patreon from that I see, but then again I am no longer pledging on there either

So they will rebuild multiplayer which will take time 2-3+ months because they didn't expect that many players to play? When at most its been around 1500 players and now currently its hovering around 100 daily yet they have had around 15-20k patreons each month? How did they not expect a large player count? How does that makes sense or do I understand it wrong?
No, you don't properly understand network infrastructure.

When you connect to the game, you're hitting an authentication server. If you successfully authenticate, then the client directs you to a screen where you select the region you want to play in. Say you pick EU, then you'll connect with an EU datacenter. You're actually reaching a "load balancer." This "load balancer keeps track of how many people are in each room, and places you in a room. Each server can handle so many rooms. Once that server has reached it's load, then the load balancer will start up another server. ProjectH initially did not have load balancing setup correctly. The team hired outside help to set this up because they didn't do it correctly. They are artists and developers, not IT It's a very different field with a different education.

This is why Steam has issues at the start of new sales. For the first five minutes of a sale going live, the infrastructure is naturally spinning up new hosts to handle the load of people wanting to see the new sales.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I know, but they still had server issues when the game first launched and have had connection errors. Still how they didn't fix the shit performance a little bit for that year they worked on it I have no clue, I mean didn't they at least test with 1-3 people internally on the same server and see that performance was shit with multiple people?
adressing performance doesnt make them money

I5I5

Jan 25, 2022
Win7 is old, idk, but if game starts correctly without Mindflayer then maybe you disabled some required services? Also make sure you have latest VC++ and NetFramework installed.
Everything, Vc++ and .net should be up to date, I run a lot of other UE4 titles but it might be a newer revision.
Anyway I'll have to jump to 11 one day, just waiting a bit for it to mature and some money to go big.LITTLE.

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
Here, a google drive mirror Google Drive with updated files from .4.7. Although I haven't bothered if there are any new animations, anything besides that everything is unlocked. YOu could probably go steamless with fixes others suggested.

If I had midflayers code I could keep it up to do but he disappeared suddenly so heres the best thing
Whats the password to unpack? whats the file extension supposed to be of the compressed zip?

envy5

Jun 22, 2017
idk if this has been asked before but is a stupid question but I changed resolution in the game and now I cannot change it back because my mouse does not go right enough to hit confirm. can anybody assist?

SCP-079

Jun 9, 2018
Tried, didnt work.
The edition placed in the first thread(Operation_Lovecraft_Fallen_Doll_Playtest_0.4.5 .7z), cg mode can work, but let me to upgrade for the harem mode then back to main menu.
operation crackdoll.zip edition just CTD when black screen before I get into main menu, with 16g RAM & virtual RAM on.
I'm sure I did right about Certificate file & mindflayer.exe.

Edit: retry, magically it worked. Redownload the edition placed in the first thread(Operation_Lovecraft_Fallen_Doll_Playtest_0.4.5 .7z), reunpack ,deleted certificate using certmgr.msc (seen in #7,428 ), deleted certificate in \Paralogue\Binaries\Win64, ran mindflayer.exe in admin and it worked ,with mindflayer's tips in main menu.
Not sure if deleting certificate using certmgr.msc is nesscessary

Last edited:

SCP-079

Jun 9, 2018
idk if this has been asked before but is a stupid question but I changed resolution in the game and now I cannot change it back because my mouse does not go right enough to hit confirm. can anybody assist?
use arrow keys & enter on keyboard to set

Sep 3, 2019
I want to say that we are all used to being a fool!! But how much effort and time the developer spent on creating the game, this is not taken into account, or what? I support developers financially!!!
Lol what? I don't care how much effort and time the developer has spent. In the end they create a broken, grindy microtransaction riddled game that's nobody want, broke their promises, deceived their backers, silence the critics, and double down on their bad behavior on their latest official statement.

I WILL NEVER support developer like that!!!

urvdizhabibpvkehmd

Oct 2, 2020
Diversifying the cast of characters is one way to do it, but we understand that the mechanics also matter a lot.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I only use this account to lurk but this made me break that.
First off: Holy shit am I glad I backed out when I did, right at $24 pledged and they're not getting a single cent more.

They've been talking out of their asses a lot in the past months but this takes the cake. The first two characters were a big boobed bombshell and a very slightly shorter big boobed bombshell. Then they added an even bigger boobed milf. And now, after canning the first character that's got a more petite frame (after they already sold tons of cosmetics for her ofc) and showing off their character pipeline that's mostly filled with Erika re-skins they're talking about "diversifying the cast of characters"? Fucking hell just finally spell out that you're only catering to your Chinese fanbase while bending over for that sweet sweet Steam censorship.

re344555

Oct 13, 2018
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I only use this account to lurk but this made me break that.
First off: Holy shit am I glad I backed out when I did, right at $24 pledged and they're not getting a single cent more.

They've been talking out of their asses a lot in the past months but this takes the cake. The first two characters were a big boobed bombshell and a very slightly shorter big boobed bombshell. Then they added an even bigger boobed milf. And now, after canning the first character that's got a more petite frame (after they already sold tons of cosmetics for her ofc) and showing off their character pipeline that's mostly filled with Erika re-skins they're talking about "diversifying the cast of characters"? Fucking hell just finally spell out that you're only catering to your Chinese fanbase while bending over for that sweet sweet Steam censorship.
The thing as I understand it is all of the other characters that they've shown will be season pass content, because the latest poll in december was all just season pass content which we voted on, for characters like Celia which has a game ready model already that they teased. So as I understand it(Someone correct me if I am wrong) is that the base game will only have Anya, Alet and Erika as base game characters the rest will be season pass content. Galeta might be added to the base game if they can remodel her but I am unsure if she will be base game character or they might decide to sell her as a season pass content character due to redoing her?

But all of this is just speculation from me going on the december poll we had where we voted on season pass content and I might've understood it wrong

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes