3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
to be fair, it may not entirely be out of intentional money grabbing.

I've developed my fair share of small projects (and I mean small) and even those, at some points, needed reworks.
In my case, I didn't rework them, and it really showed in the later product, because what could've been simple became complicated.

It may be that they just have devs that are still learning, and in that case, you can't possibly apply the good / best solution, so after a while, all the meh / bad practices that went into the project up until then start to show up and hinder your dev time, performance, quality etc, out of which we've seen a bunch of already, so it may just be the case that Operation Lovecraft is reaching a tipping point of needing a rework to be eligible to be progressed on any further.

In short, either they're not as good devs, or they're moneygrabbing if they decide to rework, but both are very likely imo
I think one thing that is particularly telling in this project is that they decided to reengineer their entire solution when killing Origins, then a scant few years later, with barely any progress made, seem to be back in the same boat.

It wouldn't surprise me if a large part of it is incompetence and poor project planning, but at least some it is surely them trying to shoehorn season passes and microtransactions into a framework they initially wrote for an x-com style single player game. It can't be easy repeatedly changing direction this late into a project and I imagine they've had to scrap large swathes of work (probably why Helius wanted to spin the single player part off into a separate game).

As somebody else highlighted earlier in this thread this studio was also born from a forum that primarily focussed on modding Illusion games. I imagine their skillsets tend more toward 3D modelling and basic scripting than the kind of C++, UE development and project management experience you'd need to run a project like this.

Tressk

Sep 20, 2021
Jeesus what's with all the drama here, just look at the girl above, she's darn gorgeous lol!

On an unrelated note. Is there a way ( a keybind or smthing) to skip the.. "progress bar" charging? the one in the Gallery charges up nearly instantly, but the one in the main game takes AGESSSS, it's annoying. Please HALP!!!

• Angry
Reactions: Andromaliuz

itispey

Jun 25, 2021
Hi anyone. I've downloaded latest version 0.4.9 and when I go to harem after about 10 seconds the game will crash without any errors.
What's the problem? I also did search on forum but I couldn't find anything

Tressk

Sep 20, 2021
Hi anyone. I've downloaded latest version 0.4.9 and when I go to harem after about 10 seconds the game will crash without any errors.
What's the problem? I also did search on forum but I couldn't find anything
You are most likely out or RAM or VRAM, it needs alot man! Do you do have enough Virtual memory allocated? how much VRAM does your GPU have? Does Gallery work?

itispey

Jun 25, 2021
You are most likely out or RAM or VRAM, it needs alot man! Do you do have enough Virtual memory allocated? how much VRAM does your GPU have? Does Gallery work?
yes gallery works perfectly and also I can enter harem lobby. But it will crash after 10 seconds. Unfortunately my GPU is GTX 1050 2GB I know it's low but please tell me it's not about GPU VRAM :(

Reactions: wolf1974

Tressk

Sep 20, 2021
Unfortunately my GPU is GTX 1050 2GB I know it's low but please tell me it's not about GPU VRAM :(
this looks pretty bad, this is a next gen game, i think the minimum reqs to run this game hassle-free is 32GB RAM and 12GB Vram :)) 2GB is really really on the edge, but you are probably running out of RAM. go here and set Virtual memory so the total of your RAM+Virtual memory equals 32GB ( you can of course set more) So if you have 8GB RAM, set virtual ram to 24GB and try harem again, in 720p and all minimum of course and hope it doesn't crash.

itispey

Jun 25, 2021
this looks pretty bad, this is a next gen game, i think the minimum reqs to run this game hassle-free is 32GB RAM and 12GB Vram :)) 2GB is really really on the edge, but you are probably running out of RAM. go here and set Virtual memory so the total of your RAM+Virtual memory equals 32GB ( you can of course set more) So if you have 8GB RAM, set virtual ram to 24GB and try harem again, in 720p and all minimum of course and hope it doesn't crash.
Thanks for the guide. There are two size. One is Initial size and one is maximum. Also my RAM is 16GB. So, should I use 32GB on maximum but what about initial?

Tressk

Sep 20, 2021
Thanks for the guide. There are two size. One is Initial size and one is maximum. Also my RAM is 16GB. So, should I use 32GB on maximum but what about initial?
16GB initial and 16GB maximum. ( 16384 for both values)

this will set the vram to 16GB which together with your available 16GB makes 32GB in total.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Jeesus what's with all the drama here, just look at the girl above, she's darn gorgeous lol!

On an unrelated note. Is there a way ( a keybind or smthing) to skip the.. "progress bar" charging? the one in the Gallery charges up nearly instantly, but the one in the main game takes AGESSSS, it's annoying. Please HALP!!!
no cheat for that, but what you can do is tease her a lot beforehand

they don't have a lot of animations for that specifically, but alet specificaly can have her pussy teased from behind by a Mi-Go Nymph, for example

you can also use the actions bound to the numbers to raise their arousal which makes them cum faster, but that takes a lot more time than scenes specificaly made for this

I really wish they make more teasing scenes, I love alet's one, as much as I hate the rest of the game's premmise

Reactions: Tressk and Novari

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Do not do that on a SSD/NVME
That's a myth. If anything you shouldn't do that on hdd because it is way too slow for this task.
Besides, if you have your system installed on an ssd you should know windows comes with that feature turned on by default. If you don't believe me, turn off hiding of system protected files from folder view options then go to "C:\", pagefile.sys should be there.

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Do not do that on a SSD/NVME
yyyeeeaaaa I've done that on an M.2 and nothing happened. Had the laptop for 3 years and it's still going just as well, with CrystalDiskInfo now reporting 86% health on my M.2 (around a year and 4 months after it said 91% health).

So actually, it looks like the health dropped faster BEFORE I turned on a larger amount of virtual RAM, oddly enough, though I don't think it has anything to do with that.

So yea, increase your virtual RAM, it doesn't hurt, because it needs to be USED for it to cause faster degradation, so if you're not playing OL 100% of the time your PC is on, it doesn't really matter that you bumped up your virtual RAM.

Worst case scenario, you install CrystalDiskInfo and set reminders to check the storage health every now and again...if it's dropping faster than mine, you can just turn your virtual RAM back down...no biggie
it's also completely normal to have to replace your hard drive every couple of months.
Please tell me you're trolling
im gonna assume they're gonna optimise the "game" after the "rebuild". especially if they want VR support
yea, definitely going to do that, if 'optimise' = 'turn all the textures and poly counts to shite to compensate for shit code'

Reactions: thevideowatcher65

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Yikes, when you are advising someone that clearly doesn't know what he is doing you need to inform him what are the potential risks of what you are suggesting him to do.

That's a myth.
There is no myth here. What you are referring as myth is the expectation that average user will reach the cell lifetime limit before reaching the write limit. It is fact that SSD have limited amount of writes - the initial ones i believe had 5000 writes then it quickly was trimmed down to 1200 then 600 and now you have ones with 300 write limit.
1TB +600 write limit - you probably can't reach the write cycle limit, 128gb+300write limit - you sure can.
Pagefile is also the most write intensive task for average user.

yyyeeeaaaa I've done that on an M.2 and nothing happened. Had the laptop for 3 years and it's still going just as well, with CrystalDiskInfo now reporting 86% health on my M.2 (around a year and 4 months after it said 91% health).
Cool, my 10 year SSD is 86%. But it would be dead if i would set pagefile on it.

So yea, increase your virtual RAM, it doesn't hurt, because it needs to be USED for it to cause faster degradation, so if you're not playing OL 100% of the time your PC is on, it doesn't really matter that you bumped up your virtual RAM.
Do you know what type of disk the user has, how much/what for he uses his PC and how long he intends to use it for?

OL is not the only program that will make use of pagefile. Just because system was doing fine without pagefile does not mean it won't use the pagefile. I've disabled pagefile because system kept using it when i wasn't doing anything demanding.

Worst case scenario, you install CrystalDiskInfo and set reminders to check the storage health every now and again...if it's dropping faster than mine, you can just turn your virtual RAM back down...no biggie
If you are putting pagefile on SSD you SHOULD monitor your drive health and make sure the usage fits your drive life expectation.

Last edited:

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yikes, when you are advising someone that clearly doesn't know what he is doing you need to inform him what are the potential risks of what you are suggesting him to do.

There is no myth here. What you are referring as myth is the expectation that average user will reach the cell lifetime limit before reaching the write limit. It is fact that SSD have limited amount of writes - the initial ones i believe had 5000 writes then it quickly was trimmed down to 1200 then 600 and now you have ones with 300 write limit.
1TB +600 write limit - you probably can't reach the write cycle limit, 128gb+300write limit - you sure can.
Pagefile is also the most write intensive task for average user.

Cool, my 10 year SSD is 86%. But it would probably be dead if i would set pagefile on it.

Do you know what type of disk the user has, how much/what for he uses his PC and how long he intends to use it for?

OL is not the only program that will make use of pagefile. Just because system was doing fine without pagefile does not mean it won't use the pagefile. I've disabled pagefile because system kept using it when i wasn't doing anything demanding.

If you are putting pagefile on SSD you SHOULD monitor your drive health and make sure the usage fits your drive life expectation.
Dude, I get that lifespan is important and all, and I agree he should've mentioned the side effect of setting the pagefile on the SSD, but like half the benefit of having an SSD is setting a page file on it so the system can use extra memory when it needs it.

Sure, OL isn't the only program that uses it, but I doubt many people use a lot of programs that take up this much RAM anyway.

Also, he has 16GB of RAM like me, so I really doubt that his computer will ever actually use the pagefile...

For example, I have my pagefile set to system managed on my C drive and it only allocated around 4.5GB of pagefile by itself, meaning that it doesn't really want any more, and I use video editing software on the regular with large files...which takes up more RAM than games usually do as far as I'm aware

Tressk

Sep 20, 2021
I've disabled pagefile
Diabling pagefile is one of the worst things to do to the system and can easily cause instabilities and crashes, just like the initial poster is having. You are also far too concerned about the lifespan of an SSD, they go obsolete faster than they die. How large is your 10yo SSD, 128GB? They cost pennies nowadays so don't torture yourself, SSD's are there to be used. And at 86% durability you still have a couple of decades left.

That having said, the lower the size, the generally less durability SSDs have, so from a perspective of a 128GB SSD owner the concerns of putting a 16GB pagefiles are probably justified.. maybe, because the danger to SSD's nowadays is just filling it up too much and 128gb isn't much to begin with.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes