3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
You're right, how about you fire up Fallen Doll and adjust it.
Oh yeah, you can't.
But in VAM I could..
You missed the point I was trying to make.

For free right now, you could have hundreds of assets to choose from and customize with comparable fidelity.
Or you could play fallen doll, with 3 characters and a couple adjustments through an online server..

With even lower fidelity you can play Wildlife.
And adjust pretty much every aspect you see.

.. or you can play Fallen Doll, which is now a mini gotcha for a position cards..

I never got Hs2 to look as good as VAM, even after 250gbs of addons.
And I can run all these games at 4k max settings no problem.

From what I can remember, most devs post bare bones pics and packs of the bundles and assets; I would assume because assets are in multiple versions.. And the best assets are obviously behind a pay wall..

But you can load whatever you want in a scene.
You have zero choice in Fallen Doll.
And you missed my point. Nothing on that site made me want to install and learn that program. I was checking paid stuff too. I would imagine if you want to sell stuff you want to post best looking picture not some crap lacking shadows under characters ass.
Doesn't matter how much choice there is if the option I want is not there and i need to "do it myself".
Also steep learning curve.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoadAnarchy

Hegoz

Jul 28, 2019
Installation:
  1. If you are using the steam version of the game (not the demo), make a copy and modify that!
  2. Go to the root folder and delete everything except the Paralogue and Engine folders.
  3. Go to Paralogue\Binaries\Win64 and delete everything
  4. Go back to the root and extract the zip there
  5. If it asks if you want to overwrite steam_api64.dll press yes.
  6. If it did not ask then you are doing something wrong.
  7. Start with Launch.bat or Paralogue\Binaries\Win64\KiritoMod049.exe
What ZIP ?! The original one I already used to extract the exact same files ? There's something I don't get there... Any help ?

Zalasandre

Dec 23, 2017
What ZIP ?! The original one I already used to extract the exact same files ? There's something I don't get there... Any help ?

Don't worry, once you downloaded the zip just extract and go to the last step :
  • Start with Launch.bat or Paralogue\Binaries\Win64\KiritoMod049.exe

Steps 1 to 6 are outdated and sadly it confuses a lot of people.

Reactions: Dragonballzz911

Rz85

Jan 27, 2019
Zalasandre

So, you checked those instructions on steam version and they are "outdated"?
Or what you are saying is just nonsense?

For those, who are trying to crack already cracked and it clearly written, that it is cracked not-steam version, they can continue to crack it forever, it just shows how dumb they are. They can't even read which file starts the game, so it is fair they can't play this "game".

Last edited:

fezroad

Nov 7, 2017
And you missed my point. Nothing on that site made me want to install and learn that program. I was checking paid stuff too. I would imagine if you want to sell stuff you want to post best looking picture not some crap lacking shadows under characters ass.
Doesn't matter how much choice there is if the option I want is not there and i need to "do it myself".
Also steep learning curve.
If there is no shadow then it's the creator that didn't do proper lighting. There are a couple reasons why scenes look too dark or too bright. Usually in looks, creators don't spend too much time setting up lighting. And tbh you don't need the perfect lighting, you are just showing the model itself, that model is intended to be used in other scenes with proper lighting. Example here: people don't spend too much time setting up lighting just for sharing models.
Another reason is performance, even with a 4090 VAM can tank your system pretty hard depending on your settings and what is in the scene. Having less intensive scenes makes scenes load faster, allows lower-end pcs to run it. And people are lazy, why spend hours trying to get that last %10 to make it look perfect when you can make more scenes for more money. And if you want the perfect scene you always have the choice to do so on your own if you have the abilities.

VAM is a bit clunky at times, you can have physics issues if you push it too much and I agree that it takes some time getting into it although not as much you might be thinking. 1-2 hours max should be enough to know how everything works, that's not too much different from similar games like HS2.

Once you setup a scene yourself with positions you want etc or find one from someone else you can just load that scene and switch characters, edit it to your liking and more. You have a lot of options to make the game look how you want it to.
If what you want is install, start, fap, then VAM is not for you friend (I already know it's not for you @Tetrix3, this post is more towards other ppl reading). But i will tell you that no other program at the moment allows this kind of freedom without too much effort. Try setting up some of the stuff in Blender, i assure you it would take hours just to set it up and then you will have to render while you can make that in 30min with VAM and edit it for much less time whenever you want. If you have VR it's even better since you can interact with your hands.

Also here are some decent models, there are a lot more and there are better ones. These were the ones that came up in top rating search. I would find my top ones but i can't even keep my mods organized atm, let alone remembering the top ones and getting their links.

Last edited:

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
If there is no shadow then it's the creator that didn't do proper lighting. There are a couple reasons why scenes look too dark or too bright. Usually in looks, creators don't spend too much time setting up lighting. And tbh you don't need the perfect lighting, you are just showing the model itself, that model is intended to be used in other scenes with proper lighting. Example here: people don't spend too much time setting up lighting just for sharing models.
Another reason is performance, even with a 4090 VAM can tank your system pretty hard depending on your settings and what is in the scene. Having less intensive scenes makes scenes load faster, allows lower-end pcs to run it. And people are lazy, why spend hours trying to get that last %10 to make it look perfect when you can make more scenes for more money. And if you want the perfect scene you always have the choice to do so on your own if you have the abilities.
I don't know about that. I think that you should load your character/model into a scene and game should handle all the lighting. If it takes that much effort to set up things properly and it tanks systems so hard then that will be a problem for the consumer as well.
But i will tell you that no other program at the moment allows this kind of freedom without too much effort. Try setting up some of the stuff in Blender, i assure you it would take hours just to set it up and then you will have to render while you can make that in 30min with VAM and edit it for much less time whenever you want. If you have VR it's even better since you can interact with your hands.
I would think so as Bledner is a modeling software not an a... simulator?. But then if you learn Blender you can make your own stuff , mod games and do much more then VAM can I'm sure. Now i wonder how does making stuff in unreal fairs in comparison. Making a scene(environment) is probably super easy, the characters are plenty detailed and i suspect you can find ones with needed bits, so the question is how hard is to animate that.

I think that best testimony for VAM capacity and efficiency will be when people will start making their VNs in it.

Last edited:

fezroad

Nov 7, 2017
I would think so as Bledner is a modeling software not an a... simulator?. But then if you learn Blender you can make your own stuff , mod games and do much more then VAM can I'm sure. Now i wonder how does making stuff in unreal fairs in comparison. Making a scene(environment) is probably super easy, the characters are plenty detailed and i suspect you can find ones with needed bits, so the question is how hard is to animate that.
The reason i compared it to Blender is because you can get Blender like screenshots / videos in VAM. I'm not experienced in Unreal but just guesswork it would be much harder. First you would need models with sliders already built-in. Most models do include some sliders but not as indepth out of the box like VAM. AFAIK VAM has like a base model, when you import models from blender for example into VAM you adjust it to that so morphs work when you use the look in VAM.

You would need to adjust physics for breasts, insertion collision etc or find a plugin if it exists. And that would have to be adjusted per scene per model basis.

You would be limited to the editor view if you are going to fiddle with stuff constantly.

For animation there probably are plugins to help make it easier which is the same with VAM but since the scope is much bigger in unreal i'm not sure if there are plugins just for sex animation.

And there is probably more stuff that i don't know that would make it harder. I would assume if it was easy we would be flooded with games like fallen doll with 100s of scenes in them.

Reactions: worldkaiser

fezroad

Nov 7, 2017

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Here are some examples of good renders in VAM
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Those look really nice minus the eyes and eyebrows. However they still lack the wow effect that update shared earlier had.

fezroad

Nov 7, 2017
I don't know about that. I think that you should load your character/model into a scene and game should handle all the lighting. If it takes that much effort to set up things properly and it tanks systems so hard then that will be a problem for the consumer as well.

I think that best testimony for VAM capacity and efficiency will be when people will start making their VNs in it.
Oh i missed the first part of your comment.

When you load your character into a scene, you don't need to do anything to the lighting because lights should already be in the scene. Think blender, you put light sources, if your scene has proper light sources then whatever you throw in the scene it will cast shadows, handle soft shadows, reflections etc by itself. The lighting itself doesn't tank the system directly, it's the combination of stuff that's tanking the system. You have multiple characters with hair simulation (which you can adjust the density of the hair), how much lighting bounce setting you have, how many light sources you have, clothing simulation, collisions etc. So whatever you save on is a plus. But like i said scenes usually have proper lighting while looks dont. It all depends on whoever is making it.

I think that's enough of an info dump on another game, if ppl are interested they can check it out. I just tried to clear some of your questions and some misconceptions you might have.

Edit: Here are some more renders from Pin-Up Girl Banner Contest October 2021 they did

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020
-

I think that's enough of an info dump on another game, if ppl are interested they can check it out. I just tried to clear some of your questions and some misconceptions you might have.
-
Damn, you've almost converted me to your religion. Keeping my distance for now as I know I'm prone to spend endless hours fiddling with sandboxes and customization.

Voyager1980XD

Nov 9, 2022
I think Project Helius actualy gained some patreon supporters recently. Which is sad and surprising. It seems that it doesn't matter what they say or do ( or rather not do ), people still believe in this project. Kinda creepy.

I'm still interested in this game but at least I am freeloading so I cant blame myself for supporting this semi scam.

Reactions: MaestreOfChaos

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
You mean the Helius update that looks like it was ripped from VAM?
I'm yet to see that fidelity in VAM.
(To be clear : I'm not saying that to defend Helius but because I liked what I saw and would gladly see more. Also please don't mistake realism for fidelity)

I think Project Helius actualy gained some patreon supporters recently. Which is sad and surprising. It seems that it doesn't matter what they say or do ( or rather not do ), people still believe in this project. Kinda creepy.

I'm still interested in this game but at least I am freeloading so I cant blame myself for supporting this semi scam.
There are VNs that go for year without update and still retain high patron base. As long as he won't go radio silence and will keep fueling those copium tanks people will keep inhaling.

Reactions: Voyager1980XD
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes