3.80 star(s) 63 Votes
Apr 22, 2018
So it is confirmed to have Denuvo ? Damn Helius must really hate pirates if it has because even he should know it is not cost efficient. (or he has delusion that mach the level of his lies).
Online games don't really need Denuvo either because they can move enough stuff to server that it becomes very hard to emulate it. For example animations could be stored server as those are small files and only shared with client as needed.
I think someone found this somewhere o n their steam game page

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
Given their track record I suspect the main thing we're going to see in the new update is [server currently unavailable, please try again later.]
Well I got home to try and run it only to find that this was predictably prescient.

Also this project erroneously has a VR plugin enabled despite it no longer being a VR title. As a result it launches Oculus/SteamVR on launch, if anybody wants to disable this delete the below folder from the game directory:

\Operation Lovecraft Fallen Doll Playtest\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\OpenXR

As the netcode rewrite has shipped, here's the link to the Mindflayer source code, as promised. It's probably not terribly useful, but, well, here it is anyways: . Note that this was me speed-coding - don't expect great code.

It's funny to look back and read what I wrote, with the hindsight of knowing how it actually works - boy howdy was I wrong about some things.

Now that we have actually stable netcode (pending server capacity issues at launch lol) we should be able to actually focus on new content now. (That's not to say that there wasn't new content - a new girl, a new map, pole dancing and a few multi-player bondage devices, sitting masturbation, new outfits for everyone, new harem pass system, ...)
As a man on the inside do you know why they are having capacity issues? I can imagine it being down for a bit but I would have thought autoscaling would kick in, create a few new instances and have a load balancer spread it out. I can't think of many modern web services that don't work this way and it seems weird that a few thousand (or however many tried logging in) players can knock the title offline.

It seems based on your comment like this was entirely expected?

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes