3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
Doesn't matter how they do it, they are both milking those patreon cows. In WL's case it has been in development for more than 6 years and so far only sandbox mode exists. The whole "game" is still nothing more than a glorified animation viewer. Sound familiar?

Also I have to disagree with UE5 version looking any better. Maybe you haven't realized yet but shadows are way too god damn dark. Go ahead and put a girl facing the sun during daytime and clear weather(without any clouds) in doggystyle position then look at her from below (ground level), you cannot see shit. I don't remember shadows being this dark in UE4 versions of the game but maybe they were, I can't test it atm. Is this really how a game in 6+ years of development should look like:
View attachment 2779263
Something to consider, WL started in UE4, of course lighting looks more polished in those builds, they spent years tweaking it lol. They've already said they're still tweaking UE5 lighting, that's why the default maps don't look as good as UE4, but if you compare lighting in custom scenes there's a clear visual improvement.

And I'm pretty sure navmesh exists in ue4 too.
UE4 build doesn't have dynamic navmeshing. That was recently added when they updated to UE 5.2.

I wouldn't call 6+ years "rushing". Game development for pc usually takes around between 2 to 4 years.
I get wanting games to release fast, but like, developers can't just pull a game from their ass lol. If they're working as fast as they can already without being too sloppy, trying to work faster would be rushing and result in releasing trash. You mentioned the average dev time being 2-4 years but look at how games release these days. Buggy messes or full of microtransactions. Clearly we're missing something there.

Lastly, just wanted to write a fun fact that I realized right now, this thread is 4 years old while wl's thread is 6 years old. Yet people are constantly shitting on FD while praising WL.
WL thread has been around since 2019, Fallen Doll's thread (Origins) has been around since 2016. Fallen Doll mostly gets shit because of the development choices Helius made over the years, less so because of the total time the game has spent being developed and moreso because of what Helius chose to do during all the years it has been in development(NSFW campaign, NSFW cancelled and replaced with SFW campaign, back to NSFW campaign rinse-repeat, singleplayer, singleplayer cancelled and now multiplayer only, introduction of gacha mechanics, forced online only, Denuvo, etc).

It is amazing what adding a few animations(+useless sandbox) every month can do when it comes to public image of an unfinished game.
If sandbox isn't your thing that's okay, but obviously it's liked by the majority of Wild Life's supporters considering that's what has gotten the focus the last few years and has been well received. I can't agree with saying it's useless since you're able to make your own content with it, it's basically a slightly more advanced Illusion game studio mode at this point minus modded clothing and characters. I can see how Sandbox could be disappointing for people not interested in that, but why downplay it? You can see all the stuff people are doing with Sandbox in the WL thread and in the WL server, saying it's useless is just straight up false. You can also see UE5 and UE4 comparisons of WL in the official server. People share remade and updated old scenes from UE4 version to UE5 there. Thanks to sandbox, anyone could go download free user made content and have something new to try out, similar to Vam, meanwhile all Fallen Doll has to look forward to is more gacha grinding and girls to purchase if the game lives long enough.

WL is by no means a perfect game or anything and has its own issues like any other, like I said it has pretty shitty performance atm and some of the models for clothing and hair look trash, but WL is nowhere near being as bad as Fallen Doll for many obvious reasons.

Last edited:

sirretinee

Jul 17, 2018
Lastly, just wanted to write a fun fact that I realized right now, this thread is 4 years old while wl's thread is 6 years old.
Are we not including Helius' first game before they rebranded/shifted to FD:OL?
1689652703219.png
1689652718757.png
Don't get me wrong, WL is taking its sweet time and I get how that's frustrating.
However WL has significantly more content, even though it is, yes, only sandbox animations, than FD.
What does FD have? Denuvo and MTX? Galataea? Gross.

They're both taking forever to release, yes, but at least WL lets me do things.
Whereas, in the time it takes you to grind out a handful of animations in FD, WL has released another update.

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
Lastly, just wanted to write a fun fact that I realized right now, this thread is 4 years old while wl's thread is 6 years old. Yet people are constantly shitting on FD while praising WL. It is amazing what adding a few animations(+useless sandbox) every month can do when it comes to public image of an unfinished game.
I agree that it sounds like WL might be a little sketchier than I had thought, although again I don't actively follow the game except to check if it's worth buying yet every six months or so, but I would highlight that FD is the older of the two and it has significantly less content by any quantifiable metric.

This thread is 6 years old but this thread, which is realistically the same game, is 7 years old and (the oldest I could find) is criticising Helius for slow development 8 years ago!

I believe that many players, not just gentleman players, are very concerned about the R18 game "PROJECT H" created by the Chinese using the Unreal 4 engine. The development progress of the game has become the object of concern for many people.
Hilariously in that article Helius is also quoted as saying level design is done, and as you can tell from the above it had already been in development some time at this point. It was just not on Patreon as they didn't allow adult games at the time.

So yeah whilst WL might be of similar ilk I'd say the difference in actual output seems significant. I'm still not going to support WL before they have something I consider playable, a lesson I learned supporting Helius half a decade or so back, but I suspect it will eventually manifest into an actual game whilst FD is just going to die an unceremonious death most likely with him killing the online servers and vanishing.

Reactions: BarnMTB

NyQuil Driver

Dec 18, 2022
Damn. Announced right after Steam Summer Sale ended.
Would've grabbed their stuff and get some Steam trading cards had they announced this earlier, but it's obvious why it's done this way.

He's onto the news already? Would be great if screenshot of that could be shared.
Sounds like he really have the audacity to compare themselves to an industry leader. Illusion isn't the best lately, but at least they didn't milk Patreon money endlessly and they delivered complete (albeit buggy) products.

If only Scamlius' money hose could somehow be diverted to Illusion, or any other more deserving game dev.
yeah i read that, made me want to play artificial academy 2

Reactions: M_e_*

yessiyuri1

Sep 14, 2022
They changed the posting: View attachment 2710986
They just posted(2h ago) on Twitter that 0.7.4 is live on steam.
Steam Update size is 1.7gb. Reported size 15.28gb
No post yet on Patreon.

2023-07-18 22_37_24-.png

So it took them a month to "make ecstasy growth three times faster so it's easier to gain ideas and complete daily missions".
AFAIK wouldn't that be like a slider? or like changing weight values? I don't get how that took a month..

McAztec

Mar 28, 2021
They just posted(2h ago) on Twitter that 0.7.4 is live on steam.
Steam Update size is 1.7gb. Reported size 15.28gb
No post yet on Patreon.

View attachment 2782081

So it took them a month to "make ecstasy growth three times faster so it's easier to gain ideas and complete daily missions".
AFAIK wouldn't that be like a slider? or like changing weight values? I don't get how that took a month..
Yes, for any half-competent developer it's a slider. Even if they hardcoded the formula or the amount added per tick or some such that would still just be finding the values to change and changing them, so worst case scenario (if you forgot where they all are and gotta look for them) a couple of hours.

yessiyuri1

Sep 14, 2022
2023-07-19 00_46_21-.png
The pics they used were from the video they posted on Twitter:

(git from post doesn't look like it's maintained by Helius: )

Nihil5320

Jul 2, 2022
Is their patron increase or still decrease after that post on twitter?
Their Patreon has been slowly ticking upward mid-month since they purged their Steam pages of negative posts. It's still going down overall but a lot of their subs seem to come from people stumbling upon it on Steam and just not having any real chance to see what a shitshow it is.

So long as they don't actually release the game on Steam, which would open it up to reviews, it will be a slow death on Patreon since Helius has direct control over moderation on both platforms.

For now all they need to do for damage control is delete posts, ban users and periodically release patch notes calling everything an "overhaul," repeating changes from previous patch notes to pad things out and generally hyping up whatever minimal work they've done.

Reactions: SweetCupcake

RoadAnarchy

Jun 9, 2021
There was a guy here talking about paying Empress to crack this game, I'm just waiting for a saint to pay for a crack of Street Fighter 6. :cry: Since my girlfriend and I started saving money to move to London, I don't get to buy many games anymore, at least for now.

Coolpenisbro

Dec 7, 2019
There was a guy here talking about paying Empress to crack this game, I'm just waiting for a saint to pay for a crack of Street Fighter 6. :cry: Since my girlfriend and I started saving money to move to London, I don't get to buy many games anymore, at least for now.
i could share it to you on Steam, its really goode

Reactions: RoadAnarchy
3.80 star(s) 63 Votes