VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

zackjack177

Apr 2, 2020
Yea so not a sub anymore so cant see the Patron post but this from some of the posts on discord to dev
"I am sorry about your mom. I lost both my parents to exactly the same thing, so I understand all the emotions your mom, your family, and you are going through. I know you said you will turn off patreon sub, but, personally, I am fine with subbing you though this period. I am here for you bud regardless. However if my sub can help, let it."

Sep 3, 2020
Yea so not a sub anymore so cant see the Patron post but this from some of the posts on discord to dev
"I am sorry about your mom. I lost both my parents to exactly the same thing, so I understand all the emotions your mom, your family, and you are going through. I know you said you will turn off patreon sub, but, personally, I am fine with subbing you though this period. I am here for you bud regardless. However if my sub can help, let it."
oh God no my prayers are with him and his family

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Oh no, that's truly terrible. As always real life takes precedence. Cancer has featured in my family more than I'd care for, no one should have to suffer through it.
100% the big C is no laughing matter. I have had to endure it twice (thankfully operatable on both occasions) and lost one close family member (unfortunately non-operatable).

Thoughts are with the dev and his family.

Sorry - have just read the subsequent post about Dev losing his mom. That's rough.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
100% the big C is no laughing matter. I have had to endure it twice (thankfully operatable on both occasions) and lost one close family member (unfortunately non-operatable).

Thoughts are with the dev and his family.

Sorry - have just read the subsequent post about Dev losing his mom. That's rough.
I'm so glad you've beat it, twice! I know I play at being a complete and utter ass (or maybe I am one) but cancer is no joke. I've lost family and friends to it, so far I've not had to battle it myself (knock on wood), and I admire the hell out of everyone who has been able to battle through it. I hope the dev takes his time to heal. Losing a parent is rough.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
So sorry to see so many bad things happening....

All my thoughts and support to the dev and his/her/their family ; please don't worry about the game, family comes first.
I wish them the best

Reactions: MrFriendly

Yusuf69

Chad
Game Developer
Jan 2, 2020
I don't want things to be unclear here, so I'll say that my mother is still alive. She's had cancer in the past and recently after a colonoscopy they found a tumor in her colon which is most likely colon cancer. We're currently waiting for the biopsy results, but surgery is inevitable. The only thing I hope is that she doesn't start chemo because that will fuck with me a lot.

Thank you for the well wishes everyone. ❤

Sep 3, 2020
I don't want things to be unclear here, so I'll say that my mother is still alive. She's had cancer in the past and recently after a colonoscopy they found a tumor in her colon which is most likely colon cancer. We're currently waiting for the biopsy results, but surgery is inevitable. The only thing I hope is that she doesn't start chemo because that will fuck with me a lot.

oh thank God believe me nobody cares about the game right now

all we are concerned about is you and your family we wish you nothing but the best

Space Cat

May 9, 2020
I'm powerful sorry for the dev's current situation.

Here's hoping things get better and he can find the peace, stability and serenity to continue on even stronger with this great journey.

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020

I've actually lost several family members to colorectal cancer with the most recent being my grandmother. Needless to say, I know and understand exactly what you're going through. Take all the time you need, nobody cares about the game right now. Your mental health comes first. When it all comes down to it, you're one of the best devs on this site, and anyone who has played your AVN can agree to that. You have nothing to worry about regarding the AVN. Take all the time you need. Wishing nothing but the best for you and your family 1624554397057.png

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020
I've actually lost several family members to colorectal cancer with the most recent being my grandmother. Needless to say, I know and understand exactly what you're going through. Take all the time you need, nobody cares about the game right now. Your mental health comes first. When it all comes down to it, you're one of the best devs on this site, and everyone who has played your AVN knows that. You have nothing to worry about regarding the AVN. Take all the time you need. Wishing nothing but the best for you and your family View attachment 1263203
Amen to that my sister and I am also sorry to hear about your loss best wishes to you to

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Fortuna ღ

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
It is very unfortunate everything that is happening to the dev and I hope that he can get ahead and overcome the tests that destiny is putting on him

Anyway, I don't know why, but from the beginning I had the feeling that the second chapter of this game would have a hard time getting out.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It is very unfortunate everything that is happening to the dev and I hope that he can get ahead and overcome the tests that destiny is putting on him

Anyway, I don't know why, but from the beginning I had the feeling that the second chapter of this game would have a hard time getting out.
Yeah, I don't know why but I had that feeling too... Perhaps it was the overly negative reaction to one of the two love interests or the subject matter (depression). Regardless I would love to be wrong and for Boketto to eventually be able to get this game going. Of course real life is most important, I hope his mother is doing well.

naniwtf

Dec 16, 2020
well..if this does gets cancelled, i hope he could tell us what Ava's story arc was planned to be. I just want to know how is she still a LI after cheating on Leo. Her redemption arc must be as good as the Cavs 3-1 comeback lol

zackjack177

Apr 2, 2020
Lastest dev update via Patreon

Hey everyone.

Progress this month was very slow and there is no way chapter 2 is coming out next month. Or I don't see that happening yet at least.

I spent a large chunk of this month being away from game development. Been trying to take care of my mental health in the only ways I know how. My mother getting cancer again definitely was the catalyst for me trying to take care of myself but I'll say right now that I wasn't balancing real life with game development in a healthy manner before that. I think I was pushing a lot of stuff to the back of my mind and now I just have to face it.

My mother's surgery went well, and she's already walking around the house a week later. Pretty strong woman. But I'm still waiting for the news that I'm dreading the most, which is getting the biopsy results to tell me what stage of cancer my mother was at. Like I said before, if she needs chemo, I dont know if I'll be able to handle seeing that. We'll see.

But yeah, I paused all pledges for August. So you guys won't be charged next month. I don't want you guys to keep giving money to an undelivered product. It's against my morals. I'll turn them back on when chapter 2 is out. I'm definitely still working on the game, just started to really get back to it these last 2 days. But I'm taking things easy, one day at a time.

With that being said, enjoy the rest of your day. Talk soon.

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Mental health is belatedly being acknowledged as more important than before, and dealing with major illness is tough, and I have been directly in that exact situation. Cancer sucks and anyone who doe nt realise that fully yet is in a fortunate position.

I look forward to an update only when the dev is ready and able to focus on it.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Good start. If it was me I would have left the next day at 6:00am and end the entire trip. Also, I have the feeling that Annie and the other slut planned everything. And no, to forgive cheating is not an option for me, never was, never will.

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes