VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
and a bit harder to win.
Therein lies the problem here, Ava isn't hard to win, she's practically begging for forgiveness and would be back in the MC's bed at the click of his fingers if he did forgive her.

The problem here is, people aren't interested in winning that particular girl.

They are also having a hard time trusting his "friend" who happens to be the other LI.

That's the issue.

It isn't that the girls are hard to win or that they have something that makes them appealing it's the very opposite, people aren't interested in them as LI's because they can't be trusted.

Regardless of whether she cheated or whether she was raped, Ava went to that party knowing her crush and ex dealer would be there and at some point decided to cheat before allegedly backing out.

The friend has been acting a bit "off" and it's clear she has an ulterior motive.

As it stands right now there is very little interest in pursuing either love interest. By now most talk in games like this would about who is the best choice for love interest but instead we have pages explaining why both would be a bad choice.

It's clear the dev has talent. While some story aspects around Ava need a lot of clarification the rest is pretty good as are the renders. The issue a good portion of players are having is in a game tagged for romance they don't see any potential romantic partners. Neither can be trusted and so far both girls are going to have their work cut out winning the MC not the other way around.

Sep 3, 2020
Therein lies the problem here, Ava isn't hard to win, she's practically begging for forgiveness and would be back in the MC's bed at the click of his fingers if he did forgive her.

The problem here is, people aren't interested in winning that particular girl.

They are also having a hard time trusting his "friend" who happens to be the other LI.

That's the issue.

It isn't that the girls are hard to win or that they have something that makes them appealing it's the very opposite, people aren't interested in them as LI's because they can't be trusted.

Regardless of whether she cheated or whether she was raped, Ava went to that party knowing her crush and ex dealer would be there and at some point decided to cheat before allegedly backing out.

The friend has been acting a bit "off" and it's clear she has an ulterior motive.

As it stands right now there is very little interest in pursuing either love interest. By now most talk in games like this would about who is the best choice for love interest but instead we have pages explaining why both would be a bad choice.

It's clear the dev has talent. While some story aspects around Ava need a lot of clarification the rest is pretty good as are the renders. The issue a good portion of players are having is in a game tagged for romance they don't see any potential romantic partners. Neither can be trusted and so far both girls are going to have their work cut out winning the MC not the other way around.
I'm sorry that happened to her but I don't know how to feel
I need your advice on what I should do

is the game telling me I have to forgive her and if I don't I'm a bad person

I mean is it okay dat I'm still angry with her
I am so confused I feel like that came out of nowhere

but you are smarter than me so I would love to hear your point of view sis

o_O

Raife

May 16, 2018
I certainly understand your point of view: it might be spot on, if the Dev doesn't show us that there's more to the two main LIs than he's shown so far. I'm still a bit optimistic... but you're right that they both have pretty unappealing qualities, in different ways, at this point.

One clarification on my part, though... when I said 'hard to win' I didn't mean 'to screw.' Rather, I meant something more like 'to successfully build a meaningful romantic relationship,' which certainly implies a high degree of trust. Achieving that with either of the two main LIs seems pretty unlikely at present... but that makes the game interesting.

For my part, I'm withholding judgment until we've had a bit more character exposition and the MC is given the agency to make meaningful choices (let's hope the latter actually happens).

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm sorry that happened to her but I don't know how to feel
I need your advice on what I should do

is the game telling me I have to forgive her and if I don't I'm a bad person

I mean is it okay dat I'm still angry with her
I am so confused I feel like that came out of nowhere

but you are smarter than me so I would love to hear your point of view sis

o_O
I think it's aiming for our sympathy but someone emptied the care cup.

Right then, so, my thoughts on this as a scenario. She went to a party her lover asked her not to go to, instant red flags. I'd already be wary that their were problems in the relationship.

She knew a guy she had a crush on and also happens to be her ex dealer would be there. After being a junkie she should have known better but so far we are 2 for 2 on the "don't do that you dumb bitch" meter.

At the party she decides she's going to cheat on her boyfriend, starts the ball rolling then backs out.

Instead of calling her boyfriend or leaving then she decides to sleep there.

Boyfriend turns up, the rest is history.

Now her excuse is she was drugged and raped.

So, with all that, should you forgive her?

I wouldn't, no. While it would be horrible as fuck if she was raped she still did all the steps before that more than willingly so either way she's in the shit girlfriend that can't be trusted zone.

I think any relationship with her would be constant work and a drain on a guy that has already shown mental health issues. Every time she goes out it's going to be a worry who she's with or has she fallen back on the drugs and drink.

As it stands right now I can't see her in a romantic light. It's going to take her a lot, a fucking LOT, of work to prove she isn't going to fuck around or fall back on substance abuse. While this is subject to change based on how things go as they clear up, right now I don't think she's worth a relationship.

Sep 3, 2020
I think it's aiming for our sympathy but someone emptied the care cup.

Right then, so, my thoughts on this as a scenario. She went to a party her lover asked her not to go to, instant red flags. I'd already be wary that their were problems in the relationship.

She knew a guy she had a crush on and also happens to be her ex dealer would be there. After being a junkie she should have known better but so far we are 2 for 2 on the "don't do that you dumb bitch" meter.

At the party she decides she's going to cheat on her boyfriend, starts the ball rolling then backs out.

Instead of calling her boyfriend or leaving then she decides to sleep there.

Boyfriend turns up, the rest is history.

Now her excuse is she was drugged and raped.

So, with all that, should you forgive her?

I wouldn't, no. While it would be horrible as fuck if she was raped she still did all the steps before that more than willingly so either way she's in the shit girlfriend that can't be trusted zone.

I think any relationship with her would be constant work and a drain on a guy that has already shown mental health issues. Every time she goes out it's going to be a worry who she's with or has she fallen back on the drugs and drink.

As it stands right now I can't see her in a romantic light. It's going to take her a lot, a fucking LOT, of work to prove she isn't going to fuck around or fall back on substance abuse. While this is subject to change based on how things go as they clear up, right now I don't think she's worth a relationship.
I think I'm going to follow your lead on this but i hope the game is not like you didn't forgive her burn in hell mc

and every character in the game hate us for it

by the way this was my reaction after playing the update

• Haha
Reactions: Avaron1974

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021
MC never told her not to go, but to just be careful.

Both her and MC are in their late teens, because they're both in their first year of college. When you're that young, growing up around drugs, and constantly trying to fit in, it's way too hard to just back out.

When Ava was at the party, she was peer pressured into doing weed, alcohol, and eventually molly without consent.

We see Bryce literally planning this shit out. He watches her, dick suggests they fuck, but both bryce and Ava have stated that Ava doesn't like him anymore. After dropping the molly in her drink, he later stares at her, seeing how fucked up she is on the dance floor, and he takes his chances. Ava agrees, but can we really say she truly wanted it while being that intoxicated? I'd say having all three of those drugs (including alcohol), the level of awareness is greatly inhibited. She did say Bryce's name, but that doesn't mean she truly wanted to fuck. When you're that fucked up, you can't think straight. If she didn't let peer pressure get to her, and she didn't do the drugs, then yeah, she would not have went up with bryce at all. But the point is, how much do you truly need in order to forgive a young adult in her circumstances? I feel like too many people aren't looking at this whole situation correctly. A lot of responses I've seen don't seem to take so many factors into account. If all this were true, and you would still shit on Ava, then I don't know what to say about you as a person.

Sep 3, 2020

Both her and MC are in their late teens, because they're both in their first year of college. When you're that young, growing up around drugs, and constantly trying to fit in, it's way too hard to just back out.

When Ava was at the party, she was peer pressured into doing weed, alcohol, and eventually molly without consent.

We see Bryce literally planning this shit out. He watches her, dick suggests they fuck, but both bryce and Ava have stated that Ava doesn't like him anymore. After dropping the molly in her drink, he later stares at her, seeing how fucked up she is on the dance floor, and he takes his chances. Ava agrees, but can we really say she truly wanted it while being that intoxicated? I'd say having all three of those drugs (including alcohol), the level of awareness is greatly inhibited. She did say Bryce's name, but that doesn't mean she truly wanted to fuck. When you're that fucked up, you can't think straight. If she didn't let peer pressure get to her, and she didn't do the drugs, then yeah, she would not have went up with bryce at all. But the point is, how much do you truly need in order to forgive a young adult in her circumstances? I feel like too many people aren't looking at this whole situation correctly. A lot of responses I've seen don't seem to take so many factors into account. If all this were true, and you would still shit on Ava, then I don't know what to say about you as a person.
I'm not smart enough to have this conversation

but yes she is young but she is not a child

the first time they offered her shit

she should have grabbed her coat and gotten the fuck out especially after all the effort it took her to get clean

it just feels like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019

Ok, first of all, you are looking Episode 2 in isolation, which would be fine and dandy if not for the reason that Episode 1 exists.

Second, there was a series of choices made by Ava that cannot be reduced to being "under the influence", there was intent there on part of Ava, there is no denying, specially given the inner monologue in Episode 1.

Third and in my opinion the most damning one, she chose to omit her relationship status from the beginning, there are only two reasons that come to mind for doing that, either you are embarrassed of your partner, which makes her an insecure asshole, or she was looking to hook up in the party, which makes her a potential cheater.

Also a recovering addict, supposedly in love with his boyfriend (the MC) deliberately going to a party with people that were their dealers and part of her addict world, without someone to look for her and not calling the MC to pick her up after feeling like shit for the spiked beer ? That makes her a giant idiot to be honest.

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021
I'm not smart enough to have this conversation

but yes she is young but she is not a child

the first time they offered her shit

she should have grabbed her coat and gotten the fuck out especially after all the effort it took her to get clean

it just feels like
Her and MC only dated for like 3-4 months, we don't know how long she's really been clean. If we assumed she was clean those entire 3-4 months which is very unlikely, it still wouldn't be even close to enough time to be fully clean. I feel like that was the first time she tried to get clean, and usually addicts relapse multiple times for decades. There will always be moments of vulnerability.

Also based on what the dev said, you dont need to forgive her. But we'll probably be shown more to try to understand her side of the story better.

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021
Ok, first of all, you are looking Episode 2 in isolation, which would be fine and dandy if not for the reason that Episode 1 exists.

Second, there was a series of choices made by Ava that cannot be reduced to being "under the influence", there was intent there on part of Ava, there is no denying, specially given the inner monologue in Episode 1.

Third and in my opinion the most damning one, she chose to omit her relationship status from the beginning, there are only two reasons that come to mind for doing that, either you are embarrassed of your partner, which makes her an insecure asshole, or she was looking to hook up in the party, which makes her a potential cheater.

Also a recovering addict, supposedly in love with his boyfriend (the MC) deliberately going to a party with people that were their dealers and part of her addict world, without someone to look for her and not calling the MC to pick her up after feeling like shit for the spiked beer ? That makes her a giant idiot to be honest.
She probably chose to omit her relationship because she knew they had a negative history with the MC and would possibly do something to him or her.

And yeah, you can say she's an idiot. But saying she's a cheater and didn't love the MC is highly debatable.

Reactions: clowns234

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
She probably chose to omit her relationship because she knew they had a negative history with the MC and would possibly do something to him or her.
Then don't expose yourself to that situation. I insist, with what we are GIVEN right now, there isn't much to redeem Ava, maybe in the next episodes, big maybe. People are upset because with what we have RIGHT NOW and leaving all speculation aside, this shit is a big mess with plot-holes that makes no sense and contradicting character motivation.

Reactions: cib64

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021
Then don't expose yourself to that situation. I insist, with what we are GIVEN right now, there isn't much to redeem Ava, maybe in the next episodes, big maybe. People are upset because with what we have RIGHT NOW and leaving all speculation aside, this shit is a big mess with plot-holes that makes no sense and contradicting character motivation.
I don't think there are major plot holes. Every chapter of a story has things that are left on a cliffhanger or left for interpretation because it keeps the reader hooked and interested, regardless of how they feel personally about certain characters and shit. I do agree though, that not having the entire story or game is probably the biggest downfall right now. This seems to be a common issue in the dev world. Having to release a story in pieces will always make people speculate, and sometimes, to unreasonable amounts.

Reactions: clowns234

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020

I do not know if you are an alt account of the dev, or some friend of the dev trying to make people like how the story is presented (I say that because that account was created the day the update came out and the only comments it has are in this game, trying to make 2 potential LIs look good ...), but you don't need to try so hard to get people to see potential LIs in a good way, nor do we have to feel sorry for them as a person , not because the game may have now a rape scene will change how Ava was seen in the previous update, although the situation of what (apparently) happened is bad, it is not as if she did not know the environment she was going to or who were there and Annie's attitude (?) is quite doubtful omitting that she decides to believe the story of a stranger and recriminate Mc

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
I do not know if you are an alt account of the dev, or some friend of the dev trying to make people like how the story is presented (I say that because that account was created the day the update came out and the only comments it has are in this game, trying to make 2 potential LIs look good ...), but you don't need to try so hard to get people to see potential LIs in a good way, nor do we have to feel sorry for them as a person , not because the game may have now a rape scene will change how Ava was seen in the previous update, although the situation of what (apparently) happened is bad, it is not as if she did not know the environment she was going to or who were there and Annie's attitude (?) is quite doubtful omitting that she decides to believe the story of a stranger and recriminate Mc

Reactions: cib64

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021
I created this account because there are only like 5 VNs I actually play, but I thought some of the criticism on the dev made no sense so I'm commenting. I'm not trying to force people anything, I'm just talking. What's the point of a forum if we can't discuss how we feel?

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
I think you got to squint really hard, or turn your head away to not see what has been laid plainly before us as far as the LI's go.

But we are at the point of beating a dead horse here. It looks like its about 9 to 1 in favor of... "Holy Shit, we went from interesting game/concept in Ep1 to - What the fuck is the DEV trying to pull on us with these cheating/un-trustworthy LI's? Pretty quickly.

I mean, seriously, the best option now is to just say, "Ava, Annie, you guys go on ahead without me, I'm gonna chill here with the Priest's sister... "

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes