VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

EvilMojito77

Sep 27, 2018
damn son after reading comments to scared to dowload now. the rape tag was one thing as in most cases was hoping it was avoidable. but 17 freaking pages of people explaining the situation and MC not being able to avoid her...damn. when i saw this got updated and saw it had damn near 50 pages of comments that usually means the game is well liked.

but noooo it's like one of those rare times a dev messed up sooooo bad people cant stop expressing their dissatifaction with the story or game as a whole.

i have to admit im impressed by that. :whistle:
He didnt mess up, in my opinion its fine. I recommend you try it out. People always have to cry about something, otherwise it wouldnt be the internet

Zero919

May 2, 2017
it seems that nowhere in the game has it been said that there was rape... Ava said she didn't cheat on him... at the end, we were only shown that Bruce took off his pants and how his brother Dick (Richard) saw that he was going upstairs...
I understand that this is stupid, but maybe nothing happened (I know that they showed us that he smiled, but I will still hope for the best for now) Bruce lay down to sleep next to her in his underpants (Dev showed us that he was in his underpants when MC beat him) and Ava was undressed on purpose(maybe his brother or one of the 2 girls, well, or all together) and called MC that day so that he could see that Ava had cheated on him.
this is the only chance for Ava to somehow be on the Li list...
it is possible that there was a rape, but we will find out in the next chapter, most likely, and it will be sad :confused:
with Annie is also very unpleasant, she is in a relationship with this Dick (Richard), which is very, very shitty :mad:

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
He didnt mess up, in my opinion its fine.
He didn't?

We watch the story and, as players get told/shown

1 + 2 + 3+ 2 + 2 = ?

Collectively, well most of us, shout "the answer is 10!!!!"

Then the Dev says, "I meant the 3rd 2 to be a 3 and the 1 to be a 5, so your answer is "9".

We scratch our heads and say... "dude, that doesn't add up, that was clearly a "2" (site examples) and that was clearly a "1" (site examples).... but even with your late changes, the answer would be 15... not 9."

For the 2-3 of the posters here that are good to go with the new math, that is great, but it is no coincidence that up until release of episode 2, the DEV was 15 for 15 with 5Star Reviews.

Since the Second episode, there have been 6 two star and 2, 1 star reviews. The Renders, Atmosphere, Settings & Models haven't changed... so that only leaves "the Story".

As was said earlier by the hosts of players, Chapter 3 is going to be critical. The DEV has the ability with the Art/Technical side, but we are starting to question the writing ability without leaving plot holes big enough to drive Annie's car through. When a DEV tells us to count on "Realism" and not cliche' we have to believe them, and when it doesn't add up, they are going to hear about it.

Lastly,
The DEV really does have some awesome skill sets. As was pointed out, there have been 17 pages worth of discussion, because we WANT the game to be successful.

Last edited:

wdf

Nov 30, 2018
I don't understand why people are shocked and upset certain characters don't have the personalities they imagined. The description in this game says

This story is mainly centered around these characters, finding out who they are, how they ended up here, and what the future has in store for them. You will become emotionally attached to them and hopefully empathize with them. You will feel both their joy, and their pain.

If you're expecting characters to be your ideal waifu/gf in specific scenarios then you're probably expecting the wrong things from this game. It's great we have a character like Ava that gets people so heated but can't stop thinking about her. It means the dev's writing is working :)

Topper420

Nov 4, 2019
If you're expecting characters to be your ideal waifu/gf in specific scenarios then you're probably expecting the wrong things from this game. It's great we have a character like Ava that gets people so heated but can't stop thinking about her. It means the dev's writing is working :)
The problem here isn't that we can't stop thinking about her, the problem most people seem to be having now is we want nothing to do with her, but will be forced to if we decide to play future updates. People's problems with the game as of this current update is we see no redeeming features in either LI, as the story is presented thus far both main LI's seem only capable of causing further pain to the MC.

Also, what is this line that no one wants flawed characters? It's kind of a cringe statement that demands anyone that disagrees to prove a negative.

albul

Jun 8, 2017
So, can anyone please point to me when does the MC tell Ava to not go to the party?
All the relevant text relating to going to the party seems to be:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There's also this weird thing Josh says when MC arrives at the party house
josh "If you're looking for Ava, she's upstairs."

I must've missed this as well, but why would he know the MC was looking for Ava, if he didn't know they were together. Is this something else I missed being mentioned somewhere?

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
He didnt mess up, in my opinion its fine. I recommend you try it out. People always have to cry about something, otherwise it wouldnt be the internet
Lets just say the dev missed some opportunities to make a fluent more believable story with Ava...
Personally i would have had the "boomer in the park" as intro to a fight between MC and Ava, her getting to the party with a "fuck it MC" attitude plus substance abuse and peer pressure resulting in cheating...
The fight/breakup next morning to be the moment for her to realise MC was the first person to care for her for real while her "friends" just cared about getting something from her...
Using her confession at the church to reveal she still regrets her actions back then especially now she was confronted with MC and Annie giving her a lift.... (it's a church.... not the worst place in a story for redemption)

Still overall i think it's worth playing nevertheless, it's a new dev and frankly ive seen alot worse second games then his first so far...

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021
So, can anyone please point to me when does the MC tell Ava to not go to the party?
All the relevant text relating to going to the party seems to be:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There's also this weird thing Josh says when MC arrives at the party house
josh "If you're looking for Ava, she's upstairs."

I must've missed this as well, but why would he know the MC was looking for Ava, if he didn't know they were together. Is this something else I missed being mentioned somewhere?
Lol, like I've said earlier, he never tells her not to go. But people love ignoring that. He just cautions her.

Regarding the Josh thing, no idea. Might find out in future chapters

Reactions: albul

MLBnoob

Mar 13, 2019
After playing the latest update, Ava is still someone I don't wanna be an LI and Annie is unlikeable. Both are sloppy seconds from MC's bullies, unless Annie was somehow still a virgin. Maybe Annie had opportunities to have had sex with Dick but her secret affection for MC led her to decline sex. Her secret affection for MC also makes her somewhat bossy to MC and the less communication part was her attempt at saving their friendship (which backfired), I call it bull that it was solely MC's fault since we witness Annie going to MC's house and even have a key she could've repaired their relationship by going to his house. Maybe Annie not sleeping with Dick makes it a catalyst for what happened at the party as a comeuppance to MC.

In all honesty if I am wrong then Annie for me is irredeemable as an LI, since she knew Dick is MC's bully. Why would she date someone she witnessed kicking MC's ass in their younger years? It made me lose my interest towards Annie, makes her attitude unbearable. If Dick won the lottery what does MC win later? Two or more used holes by his bullies?

As for Ava, I agree with the general sentiment towards her. Also MC has double whammy in the mental trauma, losing two people with one affecting him the most, and him being cheated on. With Annie instantly believing whatever Ava said and forcing him to listen, there should have been a choice to run away since you can't force someone and what Ava did added to his mental illness, thats like forcing someone to overcome their trauma. Oh you afraid of heights? Well let me "molly" you and bring you to somewhere up like a cliff or a scaffolding of a tall building. Oh you are afraid of spiders let me unleash countless spiders in your room while you sleep.

OH BUT ITS REALISTIC, its realistic if I can hitchhike and ride with other people towards home or someplace else.

Last edited:

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
I don't understand why people are shocked and upset certain characters don't have the personalities they imagined. The description in this game says
No, the vast majority do not expect Ava to be the ideal girl. The vast majority of us agree that the first scenario presented, in which she was unfaithful to the MC, was the best possible scenario if the dev wants to maintain that problematic background that she has.

From the beginning, to make Ava a cheater is to automatically condemn her to be a character with very, very little chances of being well received by the players. As has been said several times... Once a cheater, always a cheater. A controversial but courageous decision by the developer.

Now, I don't know if with the intention of making Ava less shitty (because she is), the possibility was added that she was not unfaithful, but that she was raped. Maybe it would have worked if you removed everything related to possible infidelity. But no, instead, both things were mixed, resulting in a poor plot, full of coincidences and unnecessary drama. And as if that were not enough, it is not confirmed whether both things happened.

This would have worked separately. Either she was unfaithful, or she was raped. It seems that the way in which the issue of rape was introduced was improvised. This results in the conclusion that the vast majority of us come to: Currently, Ava is a character almost impossible to empathize with.

I sincerely believe that two interesting plots may have come out.

1) Keep the original plan and that Ava has been unfaithful to the MC, having a cool possible redemption story on her part because she made a mistake.

2) That she went to the party without any intention of cheating on the MC, just to have fun with friends. But that, unfortunately, someone sexually abused her. She couldn't bear this and ended her relationship with the MC. Having a story in which she and he meet again and both help each other to overcome it.

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Lets just say the dev missed some opportunities to make a fluent more believable story with Ava...
Personally i would have had the "boomer in the park" as intro to a fight between MC and Ava, her getting to the party with a "fuck it MC" attitude plus substance abuse and peer pressure resulting in cheating...
The fight/breakup next morning to be the moment for her to realise MC was the first person to care for her for real while her "friends" just cared about getting something from her...
Using her confession at the church to reveal she still regrets her actions back then especially now she was confronted with MC and Annie giving her a lift.... (it's a church.... not the worst place in a story for redemption)
And this is why i think, if the DEV doesn't have someone to bounce story ideas off of, they need one, and if there is one, the REALLY need to up their game.

Well done vogelbeest... that would help with a lot of explanation and smooth some rough edges out, and be a relatively simple fix

Regardless, we need reasons to stay in the fuckin' car at this point, and how it has played out so far in EP2, most of us are looking for a way to bail instead of continuing on.

Reactions: vogelbeest

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
And for those that are a little late to the party, it doesn't appear that the game is independent of the forum/criticism. Someone above posted that the DEV had stated that the intent was for Ava to be a cheater. The backlash may have caused the round peg, square hole inconsistency of a "well I'll just make it rape" added to a set story line.

That is how we get an equation that doesn't really add up.... resulting in a lack of sympathy/empathy for a MAIN character (AVA) which is bleeding over into the other MAIN character, (ANNIE).

At this point, its hard to imagine the MC, with all his Psychological /Depressive baggage even grudge fucking either one of em.... I mean, I'll give it a go but... ;)

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021
And for those that are a little late to the party, it doesn't appear that the game is independent of the forum/criticism. Someone above posted that the DEV had stated that the intent was for Ava to be a cheater. The backlash may have caused the round peg, square hole inconsistency of a "well I'll just make it rape" added to a set story line.

That is how we get an equation that doesn't really add up.... resulting in a lack of sympathy/empathy for a MAIN character (AVA) which is bleeding over into the other MAIN character, (ANNIE).

At this point, its hard to imagine the MC, with all his Psychological /Depressive baggage even grudge fucking either one of em.... I mean, I'll give it a go but... ;)
I remember the Q and A from the dev, he said Ava is partly inspired by his ex girlfriend that cheated on him, but he didn't say Ava is supposed to be a cheater. Plus if he did say that, it would make sense if he lied since that was a chapter 1 Q and A, and would've spoiled chapter 2

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021
After playing the latest update, Ava is still someone I don't wanna be an LI and Annie is unlikeable. Both are sloppy seconds from MC's bullies, unless Annie was somehow still a virgin. Maybe Annie had opportunities to have had sex with Dick but her secret affection for MC led her to decline sex. Her secret affection for MC also makes her somewhat bossy to MC and the less communication part was her attempt at saving their friendship (which backfired), I call it bull that it was solely MC's fault since we witness Annie going to MC's house and even have a key she could've repaired their relationship by going to his house. Maybe Annie not sleeping with Dick makes it a catalyst for what happened at the party as a comeuppance to MC.

In all honesty if I am wrong then Annie for me is irredeemable as an LI, since she knew Dick is MC's bully. Why would she date someone she witnessed kicking MC's ass in their younger years? It made me lose my interest towards Annie, makes her attitude unbearable. If Dick won the lottery what does MC win later? Two or more used holes by his bullies?

As for Ava, I agree with the general sentiment towards her. Also MC has double whammy in the mental trauma, losing two people with one affecting him the most, and him being cheated on. With Annie instantly believing whatever Ava said and forcing him to listen, there should have been a choice to run away since you can't force someone and what Ava did added to his mental illness, thats like forcing someone to overcome their trauma. Oh you afraid of heights? Well let me "molly" you and bring you to somewhere up like a cliff or a scaffolding of a tall building. Oh you are afraid of spiders let me unleash countless spiders in your room while you sleep.

OH BUT ITS REALISTIC, its realistic if I can hitchhike and ride with other people towards home or someplace else.
Dick never fought MC, only Bryce fought MC, as far as we know

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Dick never fought MC, only Bryce fought MC, as far as we know
Annie and Dick (Richard) were in a relation, he got abusive towards Annie and MC ended that relationship violently...
If you pick thinking about Annie in the confession booth it's pretty clear allthough there's more hints in the game Dick has his ass been kicked by MC... ("we all know how you react when angry" or something like that at the party when MC goes there to check on Ava...)

Reactions: MLBnoob

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021
Annie and Dick (Richard) were in a relation, he got abusive towards Annie and MC ended that relationship violently...
If you pick thinking about Annie in the confession booth it's pretty clear allthough there's more hints in the game Dick has hia ass been kicked by MC... ("we all know how you react when angry" or something like that at the party when MC goes there to check on Ava...)
Oh, I thought he meant when MC was a kid. The way I see it, with what we have, is that MC and Annie didn't know about Dick's connection to Bryce so they didn't realize how bad he was until later. We never see Dick and MC meet before the party scene. But I could be wrong, we'll have to see what the dev does.

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021
Also I just realized, at the party scene, the narrator says "Ava takes a few moments to respond." When Bryce talks to her. Then Ava thinks "(babe?)", when bryce calls her babe. Then after that she sees Leo when Bryce comes onto her, right before pushing Bryce off her.

Little things like this, is why I'm adamant on her not cheating, she seems beyond delirious, and very slow. She seems confused as to why Bryce is with her in the first place. However, I can see why this can be so confusing for some players. It's not really clear cut.

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021
Yep, that's why I said "with what we have". I'm going to hold my judgement until the next chapter, regardless. I'm interested to see how the dev is gonna tie all these loose ends together, right now I'm theorizing, which can only go so far.

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes