VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
I could be wrong, but didn't Dick get the MC from behind when Bryce and the MC were fighting in the school yard the second time (after the MC learned martial arts) or was that somebody different?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Annie was there day in and day out when BRYCE AND HIS GOONS
KICKED THE SHHT OUT OF MC.

AVA WAS THERE WHEN BRYCE AND HIS GOONS BEAT MC UP.

THE SKANKS AT THE PARTY STOOD BY AND WATCHED BRYCE FKK MC UP.

NOBODY CARED ONE BIT THAT BRYCE WAS KICKING MC ALL THE TIME.

ANNIE WAS JUST THE SNITCH. SAM WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO STOPPED THE BEATINGS.
THE ONLY ONE, GOADED BY ANNIE TO DO SO ... WHAT DID SHE OFFER SAM 4 THAT?

WHEN YOUR BEST FRIEND DATES THE BROTHER OF THE ONE WHO BEATS YOU UP,
WHILE PRETENDING TO CARE AFTER HE BEATS YOU UP .. WHAT KIND OF A FRIEND IS THAT ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

AVA STAYS WITH THE BITCHES WHO SELL HER MOLLY: SHE SAYS THEY ARE HER FRIENDS.
BRYCE IS ONLY THE DRUG DEALER WHO GOT AVA HOOKED ON MOLLY.
BRYCE IS KNOWN TO FKK: NO GIRFRIEND, NO RELATIONSHIP. HE JUST DRUG RAPES
HIS WAY THROUGH SCHOOL, BECAUSE IT SEEMS BEING A DRUG DEALER IN MIDDLE SCHOOL IS THE SHHT IN THIS VN.

MC BEAT THE DRUG DEALER 4 GOOD: THIS ONE IS FOR YOU, Weasel_Face
vd12.jpg
this is the only decent thing MC does in this VN apart from victimizing himself.
vd13.jpg

Then Ava just stays there, shocked MC beat crap out of the asshole who drugged and tryed to rape his GF. His GF stays there and does not care.
So much for actually being in a relationship with someone.
She does not go with MC, she does not get dressed, she does not care.

ALL OF THIS AFTER WATCHING UNBOTHERED HOW BRYCE HAD
BEAT MC COUNTLESS TIMES, ALL THE TIME, NOW THAT MC EXACTS REVENGE SHE IS SHOCKED. NOW SHE IS CRYING FOR THE MOFO
WHO DRUGGED HER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HER.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHA!
vd15.jpg

SUURE! CALL DICK TO COME FINISH THE RAPE WHERE HIS ASSHOLE BROTHER COULD NOT.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I deal with depression every day and am Haunted by my past every waking moment of my life (all 58 yrs). I can totally relate to the MC and his drowning scenes as all too frequently I wish I would never wake up the next morning... As a player, I have zero interest in both Annie & Ava. Annie, arguably your best friend dated Dick, one of your childhood bullies so getting her cooter stuffed means more to her than MC does even though she witnessed the past. (what a betrayal to supposedly a best friend) And although Ava may not know your past with Bryce, why is she getting fucked up at the party without bringing MC? (and she get's fucked up despite MC's request for her to take it easy [molly aside])

Honestly, I want to leave the road trip and get with priest sister girl or drug wife after we stuff the kid into a suitcase with a cinder block and dump it into a creek... (Not seriously, but why can't she have a rebellious 16 y/o daughter instead?)
And aren't Bryce and Dick/Richard Best Friends?

if So, how did Ava and Annie date two dudes best friend, went to the same school at the same time... and not know each other?
I know little about Molly. I do know a lot about booze. I know from personal experience, people can make terrible decisions while drunk. People can also drink until they pass out. They are not aware of their surroundings until the next day when the alcohol leaves their system. I also know women who like to flirt, especially when they drink. Not a reason to justify raping them. Not a reason to assume 'she had it coming'.
1) Annie has picked up on some stuff - such as the pepper spray. I think it is reasonable for her to see that what Ava said was possible and for her to want MC to hear what Ava has to say. As I said, Annie hasn't said she believes Ava. Just that she thinks MC should hear her out.
2) If she was fully awake and he didn't force himself on her, then yes I would see that as cheating. The fact that the Dev showed Bryce undressing next to her passed out body suggests it wasn't consensual. Had she been looking at him with a smile, then yea - she definitely cheated.
3) When I say flawed, I mean they have 'mental health issues'. The Dev made sure to point out that she has a history with drugs and drinking (addiction?). Also, I don't believe her home life growing up was ideal. As for the MC, most people don't give up on life simply because a girlfriend cheated on him years (?) before. I'd say the MC has some major depression issues.

My point (mostly) is that people are drawing conclusions with so many things still unknown. I don't think the facts back up some people's conclusions.
You're talking crazy. They are not best friends, just brothers...
Part of the dialogue in the confession flashack:
sam "If you call saving your ass from getting beaten up from Bryce again an introduction…"​
mc "Yup. Fuck that guy."​
sam "And his brother."​
a "Richard."​
mc "Dick."​
a "Kinda fitting that Dick is short for Richard.​
The plan was to send her away. So far, that is still the plan, as far as he is concerned.
But yes, I'm guessing the Dev will come up with some reason to keep her in the story - but we haven't seen what that is yet - or the MC's reaction. Or Annie's.
Some people like linear stories where the plot progresses smoothly and evenly from one scene to the next. Some people like stories where truth is like the layers of an onion, whose realities get peeled away and exposed one layer at a time.....

An admission - from chapter One I was nt interested sexually in Ava. I had already fallen for Annie. I want MC to have sex with Annie, when Annie is ready. Because I get the sense that all three of the main characters are still dealing with their own individual baggage.

Now at the end of chapter Two, we have Ava who knows everything that happened, at least whilst she was awake and conscious. Annie know whatever Ava has told her. The MC know as much as us players, so not much with the exception of the closing implication that Ava was possibly raped, Until we know more then I am as yet unsure what the impact on ongoing storyline will be.

Now we know that whatever Ava told Annie, it was enough that Annie switched from fully having out back to being angry with us. Now I have no desire to have a sexual relationship with Ava, but I did nt after Chapter One. What I do know is, assuming that Ava told Annie the truth, or at least the truth as far as she remembered it, then AS A FRIEND, I owe it to Ava to be more understanding.

I hope no one has to deal with their mum/sister/aunt/cousin/childhood friend/workmate/neighbour/casual acquaintance being raped. But if that awful thing was to happen, I hope that you would dal with it with far more understanding you have shown to Ava, even as a fictional character. So by all means don't sleep with Ava or pursue a relationship with her. Just be understanding AS A FRIEND.
Ehh, they are/were teenagers. People do a lot of stupid shit at that age: drunk, or for under influence of the group ( or both at same time).
I know a couple who went under something similar ( she was raped, and both were kind of messed up: drinking, drugs, bad circle of "close friends"), but it ended up bringing them closer together and made their relationship far stronger in the end.
For Ava, it seems she had a rough childhood and that group ( who obviously didn't like MC) was a bad influence on her ( desperately trying to feel accepted/"to be part of family" is another thing that's typical for kids in that situation).
And from what was mentioned, she knew them a lot longer than MC, who had a positive influence on her and she was turning away from her old habits/her old friends, that she still some ties to. And you can see she was kind of pressured into drinking/getting high by them.
I'm more sympathetic to her after this update, though the "unconscious rape" part is probably unnecessary ( you can simply show she was barely aware what was going on). What ( imo) he should change is Ava willingly going to his bedroom alone with Bryce: unless you're dead drunk ( which she wasn't at the time), you know where that leads.
As for Anne, I think people are reaching it with spinning theories about what her plans are ( she's his long time childhood friend, and something more like a sister).
Biggest issue is dude's haircut/color, that thing would ridiculous even on Italian.
I'm sorry that happened to her but I don't know how to feel
I need your advice on what I should do

is the game telling me I have to forgive her and if I don't I'm a bad person

I mean is it okay dat I'm still angry with her
I am so confused I feel like that came out of nowhere

but you are smarter than me so I would love to hear your point of view sis

o_O
MC never told her not to go, but to just be careful.

Both her and MC are in their late teens, because they're both in their first year of college. When you're that young, growing up around drugs, and constantly trying to fit in, it's way too hard to just back out.

When Ava was at the party, she was peer pressured into doing weed, alcohol, and eventually molly without consent.

We see Bryce literally planning this shit out. He watches her, dick suggests they fuck, but both bryce and Ava have stated that Ava doesn't like him anymore. After dropping the molly in her drink, he later stares at her, seeing how fucked up she is on the dance floor, and he takes his chances. Ava agrees, but can we really say she truly wanted it while being that intoxicated? I'd say having all three of those drugs (including alcohol), the level of awareness is greatly inhibited. She did say Bryce's name, but that doesn't mean she truly wanted to fuck. When you're that fucked up, you can't think straight. If she didn't let peer pressure get to her, and she didn't do the drugs, then yeah, she would not have went up with bryce at all. But the point is, how much do you truly need in order to forgive a young adult in her circumstances? I feel like too many people aren't looking at this whole situation correctly. A lot of responses I've seen don't seem to take so many factors into account. If all this were true, and you would still shit on Ava, then I don't know what to say about you as a person.
I'm not smart enough to have this conversation

but yes she is young but she is not a child

the first time they offered her shit

she should have grabbed her coat and gotten the fuck out especially after all the effort it took her to get clean

it just feels like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Her and MC only dated for like 3-4 months, we don't know how long she's really been clean. If we assumed she was clean those entire 3-4 months which is very unlikely, it still wouldn't be even close to enough time to be fully clean. I feel like that was the first time she tried to get clean, and usually addicts relapse multiple times for decades. There will always be moments of vulnerability.

Also based on what the dev said, you dont need to forgive her. But we'll probably be shown more to try to understand her side of the story better.
She probably chose to omit her relationship because she knew they had a negative history with the MC and would possibly do something to him or her.

And yeah, you can say she's an idiot. But saying she's a cheater and didn't love the MC is highly debatable.
wait wait are you talking about the girl in the shower I thought that was the preacher's wife so I ignore her because I don't fuck married women but if that is the preacher sister then I think I just found best girl
Glad to see this EGame is alive. I had to restart from the beginning since tbh i forgot the story a bit. Not sure if Yusuf69 has the story all figured out yet from start to the end or is just making it up as he goes but this update feels a little... hmm what is the right word here...

Also this one has some pretty good theories :unsure:

Now moving on to the good part (i hope lol), Annie!

Overall interesting story for now. Looking forward to future updates...
Same here. And it's "interesting", considering you don't hear a lot of complaints with behavior of typical MC in similar VNs: regularly cheating on other LI's, stalking, molestation, sexual abuse, etc.
Most of them range from simply being dishonest and disloyal to outright psychopaths.
And in Ava's case, her long history with the group, pressure from them, family background ( more subsceptible to pressure from her "friends"), previous drug addiction, being under influence alcohol/pot and drugs, and some former attraction to Bryce: all made her more vulnerable to be taken advantage of.
Oh god, not the raped story... Oh no. Well I won't say so until it's proven 100% as far as I'm aware, Ava went to the party knowing what might happen as almost any party has that event. But oh man, now the story is so confusing. What to do, Annie is still best girl though.​
damn son after reading comments to scared to dowload now. the rape tag was one thing as in most cases was hoping it was avoidable. but 17 freaking pages of people explaining the situation and MC not being able to avoid her...damn. when i saw this got updated and saw it had damn near 50 pages of comments that usually means the game is well liked.

but noooo it's like one of those rare times a dev messed up sooooo bad people cant stop expressing their dissatifaction with the story or game as a whole.

i have to admit im impressed by that. :whistle:
it seems that nowhere in the game has it been said that there was rape... Ava said she didn't cheat on him... at the end, we were only shown that Bruce took off his pants and how his brother Dick (Richard) saw that he was going upstairs...
I understand that this is stupid, but maybe nothing happened (I know that they showed us that he smiled, but I will still hope for the best for now) Bruce lay down to sleep next to her in his underpants (Dev showed us that he was in his underpants when MC beat him) and Ava was undressed on purpose(maybe his brother or one of the 2 girls, well, or all together) and called MC that day so that he could see that Ava had cheated on him.
this is the only chance for Ava to somehow be on the Li list...
it is possible that there was a rape, but we will find out in the next chapter, most likely, and it will be sad :confused:
with Annie is also very unpleasant, she is in a relationship with this Dick (Richard), which is very, very shitty :mad:
I don't understand why people are shocked and upset certain characters don't have the personalities they imagined. The description in this game says

This story is mainly centered around these characters, finding out who they are, how they ended up here, and what the future has in store for them. You will become emotionally attached to them and hopefully empathize with them. You will feel both their joy, and their pain.

If you're expecting characters to be your ideal waifu/gf in specific scenarios then you're probably expecting the wrong things from this game. It's great we have a character like Ava that gets people so heated but can't stop thinking about her. It means the dev's writing is working :)
So, can anyone please point to me when does the MC tell Ava to not go to the party?
All the relevant text relating to going to the party seems to be:

There's also this weird thing Josh says when MC arrives at the party house
josh "If you're looking for Ava, she's upstairs."

I must've missed this as well, but why would he know the MC was looking for Ava, if he didn't know they were together. Is this something else I missed being mentioned somewhere?
After playing the latest update, Ava is still someone I don't wanna be an LI and Annie is unlikeable. Both are sloppy seconds from MC's bullies, unless Annie was somehow still a virgin. Maybe Annie had opportunities to have had sex with Dick but her secret affection for MC led her to decline sex. Her secret affection for MC also makes her somewhat bossy to MC and the less communication part was her attempt at saving their friendship (which backfired), I call it bull that it was solely MC's fault since we witness Annie going to MC's house and even have a key she could've repaired their relationship by going to his house. Maybe Annie not sleeping with Dick makes it a catalyst for what happened at the party as a comeuppance to MC.

In all honesty if I am wrong then Annie for me is irredeemable as an LI, since she knew Dick is MC's bully. Why would she date someone she witnessed kicking MC's ass in their younger years? It made me lose my interest towards Annie, makes her attitude unbearable. If Dick won the lottery what does MC win later? Two or more used holes by his bullies?

As for Ava, I agree with the general sentiment towards her. Also MC has double whammy in the mental trauma, losing two people with one affecting him the most, and him being cheated on. With Annie instantly believing whatever Ava said and forcing him to listen, there should have been a choice to run away since you can't force someone and what Ava did added to his mental illness, thats like forcing someone to overcome their trauma. Oh you afraid of heights? Well let me "molly" you and bring you to somewhere up like a cliff or a scaffolding of a tall building. Oh you are afraid of spiders let me unleash countless spiders in your room while you sleep.

OH BUT ITS REALISTIC, its realistic if I can hitchhike and ride with other people towards home or someplace else.
Oh, I thought he meant when MC was a kid. The way I see it, with what we have, is that MC and Annie didn't know about Dick's connection to Bryce so they didn't realize how bad he was until later. We never see Dick and MC meet before the party scene. But I could be wrong, we'll have to see what the dev does.
Also I just realized, at the party scene, the narrator says "Ava takes a few moments to respond." When Bryce talks to her. Then Ava thinks "(babe?)", when bryce calls her babe. Then after that she sees Leo when Bryce comes onto her, right before pushing Bryce off her.

Little things like this, is why I'm adamant on her not cheating, she seems beyond delirious, and very slow. She seems confused as to why Bryce is with her in the first place. However, I can see why this can be so confusing for some players. It's not really clear cut.

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021
I could be wrong, but didn't Dick get the MC from behind when Bryce and the MC were fighting in the school yard the second time (after the MC learned martial arts) or was that somebody different?
That was some random kid, that was friends with Bryce.

stukablyat

Jan 10, 2021
I guess that almost redeemed Ava for me, except for one thing, was Ava unaware that Bryce bullies/bullied the MC? (if it was implied and I missed it pls inform me) I just can't see a reason why she would attend the farewell party of someone who bullied her bf even if she misses her friends. If she didn't know Bryce bullied the MC, then I think she's dumb considering her "friends" knows and supports it. If she did know, then she's a retard. However... however, what happened to her was unfortunate and she didn't deserve that and what happened later on. I do hope we can get back on Bryce and fuck him up for good.

The twist isn't really surprising or anything considering the dev is adamant about the redemption of Ava, her being raped is the only thing that would "redeem" (not cheating on MC) her in that situation. I also think the animations are unnecessary but that's just my personal opinion and I know that doesn't mean anything considering I don't really support Yusuf. With that being said, pls don't take this as me whining about the game, these are just my thoughts and I really enjoyed it, looking forward to it.

naniwtf

Dec 16, 2020
I guess that almost redeemed Ava for me, except for one thing, was Ava unaware that Bryce bullies/bullied the MC? (if it was implied and I missed it pls inform me) I just can't see a reason why she would attend the farewell party of someone who bullied her bf even if she misses her friends. If she didn't know Bryce bullied the MC, then I think she's dumb considering her "friends" knows and supports it. If she did know, then she's a retard. However... however, what happened to her was unfortunate and she didn't deserve that and what happened later on. I do hope we can get back on Bryce and fuck him up for good.

The twist isn't really surprising or anything considering the dev is adamant about the redemption of Ava, her being raped is the only thing that would "redeem" (not cheating on MC) her in that situation. I also think the animations are unnecessary but that's just my personal opinion and I know that doesn't mean anything considering I don't really support Yusuf. With that being said, pls don't take this as me whining about the game, these are just my thoughts and I really enjoyed it, looking forward to it.
I think she knew they bullied him. at the party she said "they dont know that i'm dating leo, better keep it cool" no reason to hide youre dating someone and try to keep cool if you didnt know that both parties dislike each other

SaltySugar

Dec 18, 2020
I replayed it from the start again just to see if I missed something but it's still weird. She probably knew that MC got bullied by those guys right? And still went, plus she's a former drug addict. I won't say she deserved what happened to her but even monkeys can make better judgment calls than that. Also Mc knew they would be at the party too right? And he was more or less cool with her going. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Also like people said before, I very much doubt that this was devs first vision, I think she was supposed to cheat but then how do you redeem her? That's almost impossible for most people I'd say so he changed it to rape but it still doesn't work for me.

And lastly, she was asleep when the guy was fucking her? That just seems unlikely to me but whatever I guess. And then when MC enters the room she says "It's not what it looks like" and "I'll explain later" (which she doesn't btw). Wouldn't you just be confused as fuck why are you naked with another dude in a bed? But no, she says "I'll explain later", which again just doesn't make much sense to me and it just reinforces my second point about it not being devs first vision.

For a "realistic" game, this just relies too much on convenience and that just makes it unrealistic I think.

Last edited:

stukablyat

Jan 10, 2021
I think she knew they bullied him. at the party she said "they dont know that i'm dating leo, better keep it cool" no reason to hide youre dating someone and try to keep cool if you didnt know that both parties dislike each other
That makes sense. If that really is the case, then I really think she's a retard. Like I said earlier, I don't think a sane person would go to the farewell party of a person who bullies/d your lover. On MC's case on why he didn't stop her, I think he's being considerate of her because she wants to meet her friends again. If she really wanted to meet her friends, she can initiate a hangout with them if she really wants to. She's just inconsiderate of mc considering that it was implied that it was clear that he hasn't forgiven Bryce yet.

EDIT: Just wanna point out again that yes Ava is flawed but she didn't deserve what happened to her even if she's inconsiderate or not. Fuck Bryce. Maybe we'll get more clarification on later chapters.

And lastly, she was asleep when the guy was fucking her? That just seems unlikely to me but whatever I guess. And then when MC enters the room she says "It's not what it looks like" and "I'll explain later" (which she doesn't btw). Wouldn't you just be confused as fuck why are you naked with another dude in a bed? But no, she says "I'll explain later", which again just doesn't make much sense to me and it just reinforces my second point about it not being devs first vision.
I was also gonna say the same thing. In the case of her being asleep while he's raping her, I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt that the drug is too strong that she remained unconscious throughout. But I agree with the rest, when mc first entered the room and yelled her name, her immediate response was to immediately rise up and cover herself and said those words. Shouldn't she first be confused as to why she ended up in that state? If she was shocked and couldn't react or speak properly that would be a fitting response to a victim. But her response fits more of someone guilty and knew what happened.

I agree that the dev did fail to clearly present his vision or I just failed to properly pick it up.

Last edited:

pronzcowboy

Aug 9, 2017
Hey so enjoying it so far, however a little note. If you're going to feature religion in your game, I'd advise you to do some research.

Catholic priests don't marry. They are to be celibate. I believe there are really rare cases in which they CAN, but I'm not catholic so I'm not certain of that. Either way you should have removed any mention of his wife, as he would not be married. Protestant priests / pastors CAN get married and are quite big on the whole marital bliss thing. However they DON'T have confession as a big event with a secret box and whispering through blinds or whatever. So you would have to remove one of those elements from the story to fit.

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Speaking of doing research

If a Person is married, and then becomes a priest, they don't have to divorce... Which is the likely scenario with the Priest in the game... He was a married mechanic before, now he is a married priest.

" It is important to note, however, that as far back as the Council of Nicaea (and possibly as far back as the end of the second century), the Church, both East and West, had made it clear that any marriage must take place before ordination. Once a man has accepted Holy Orders, even to the rank of deacon, he is not allowed to marry. Should his wife die after he is ordained, he is not allowed to remarry. "

Reactions: Grelk and v1900

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Hey so enjoying it so far, however a little note. If you're going to feature religion in your game, I'd advise you to do some research.

Catholic priests don't marry. They are to be celibate. I believe there are really rare cases in which they CAN, but I'm not catholic so I'm not certain of that. Either way you should have removed any mention of his wife, as he would not be married. Protestant priests / pastors CAN get married and are quite big on the whole marital bliss thing. However they DON'T have confession as a big event with a secret box and whispering through blinds or whatever. So you would have to remove one of those elements from the story to fit.

Wait don't epispocalians marry,and have confessionals?

pronzcowboy

Aug 9, 2017
Ahh... well that is possible then. And I suppose if its a small parish serving a small community the church might accept a married man into the priesthood with no issue.

Strange that as early as second century they were demanding priesthood be celibate.

EDIT: I'm not certain. There's a few strange strands of Christianity that seem to ignore the reformation and try to have their cake and eat it too. Even so the game makes mention of Catholic so I assume lack of understanding rather than intentional obscure affiliation.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
BokettoGames dives deep and the masses can't handle it.. well a lot of them can't it seems. You'd think that he didn't put -"Fallen Roads" is about a depressed young male- or -this game will have mental health undertones- in the description.. I mean every game can't be -Being a DIK- ... This one is more like 'Acting Lesson's' when you are forced to make the choice when the house is on fire.. Damned if you do or damned if you don't.

Deep, depressing, morose.. but hey everything else about this one is a 10. I like 'Summer's Gone' too..

Keep pressing on BokettoGames, talent you have my young Padawan.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
I replayed it from the start again just to see if I missed something but it's still weird. She probably knew that MC got bullied by those guys right? And still went, plus she's a former drug addict. I won't say she deserved what happened to her but even monkeys can make better judgment calls than that. Also Mc knew they would be at the party too right? And he was more or less cool with her going. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Also like people said before, I very much doubt that this was devs first vision, I think she was supposed to cheat but then how do you redeem her? That's almost impossible for most people I'd say so he changed it to rape but it still doesn't work for me.

For a "realistic" game, this just relies too much on convenience and that just makes it unrealistic I think.
I kind of half agree with your points. On one hand I understand why she still went to the party with her old "friends": I know people like that irl ( drugs, broken home), and they are very attached to their circle even if they are clearly bad influence on them. And so they easily fall back into their old habits.

I think he could fix this with few changes to the party scene ( Epizode 1/Before going into bedroom and when she wakes up, Epizode II/brief segment with Bryce in the room)
- show how she's slowly losing control ( getting drunk/high)
- she almost collapses on the floor, then Bryce suggests she takes a break in his room ( under normal/sober circumstances she'd be obviously suspicious)
- she's barely conscious/aware when Bryce takes advantage of her and unable to put up resistance ( it would make sense that she has at least some hazy recollection of what happened: explaining her reaction to physical contact)
- when she wakes up ( MC arrives and finds her in bed with Bryce), she's in shock and doesn't know what happened.

Reactions: clowns234

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Catholic priests don't marry.
Catholic priests can't marry as you said indeed, however a cathlic reverent is allowed to be wed and have children etc, both can be the head of a local church and have the same functions like taking confessions and preaching and such.
Fun fact about catholic church is even some bishops and popes have been known to be married during medieval times, while essentially they are/were priests...

Last edited:
Reactions: Grelk

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
BokettoGames dives deep and the masses can't handle it.. well a lot of them can't it seems. You'd think that he didn't put -"Fallen Roads" is about a depressed young male- or -this game will have mental health undertones- in the description.. I mean every game can't be -Being a DIK- ... This one is more like 'Acting Lesson's' when you are forced to make the choice when the house is on fire.. Damned if you do or damned if you don't.

Deep, depressing, morose.. but hey everything else about this one is a 10. I like 'Summer's Gone' too..

Mental health undertones,doesn't excuse the 2 main LI's from being a pair of lying rampaging thundercunts. Thundercuntism is NOT a mental health issue. If you had read this thread,you'd have realized that is 90 percent of people's problem with this VN.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021

In the OP: 'people that force him to re-evaluate his perception on life itself'
People decided that she cheated on the MC, because that is what the Dev wanted them to think on the previous release.
It's hard to pull back from that when you are emotionally invested in the character. 'She cheated on the MC' equates to 'She cheated on me.'

But if you look at this logically, without the emotions, the best you can say is that we don't know now. For me, there is enough there to point to her being raped. Seems like he had sex with her while she was passed-out drunk / high.

I can see why Ava would hesitate to explain herself when the person standing there is clearly in a rage, especially when she knows it was the result of choices she made. Why wouldn't there be self-guilt?

People are social creatures. Wanting to go to a party and socialize with people you know (good or bad) isn't that unbelievable.
Addicts drink and do drugs for the same reason other people do. They like the feelings that come with it. If it were as simple as saying they should know better, there would be no addicts. How many people fail on their diet? They know they shouldn't eat that piece of cake but they also know that they really like cake. Emotions tend to over-ride logic.

And also, addict or not, people do dumb stuff when they drink and do drugs.

If the Dev's goal was to make people think, then the amount of comments so far show that he has succeeded. I look forward to the next update.
And as much as people say the Dev failed here, I suspect they will be back for the next update.

Reactions: BarbarrossaNA

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
And as much as people say the Dev failed here, I suspect they will be back for the next update.
Agreed... the DEV is talented enough to suck us in with with all the rest of the game, so that all but the most jaded will at least give it to Ep3

But like you are saying, the cheating, vs no she didn't I changed my mind I want it to be rape - was ham-fisted enough that it has the potential to have folks just walk away if it isn't sorted to some degree that makes sense.

It seems that the DEV wants the game to be about MC, Annie, and Ava on a road trip.

Some might have it be enough info to call it "rape" and move on. What the rest are saying is, as you pointed out: There is also enough to claim.....she cheated on the MC, because that is what the Dev wanted them to think on the previous release.

*added - And I'm ok with it being rape or it being cheating, it just needs to be "fixed", either way, so it isn't so much of a "bait and switch" as it is now.

We've discussed how addicts act/re-act ad nauseam here, along with the evidence for the per-meditated cheating. When you ad the history that the MC has with Ava/Annie and their relationships to the MC's tormentor, it makes for a Joyless cross country road trip, that we'd rather not be on. I think we just want something to hang our hats on so that the relationship between MC/Ava/Annie could at least be plausible.

Last edited:

drbadtouch33

Jul 24, 2017
In the OP: 'people that force him to re-evaluate his perception on life itself'
People decided that she cheated on the MC, because that is what the Dev wanted them to think on the previous release.
It's hard to pull back from that when you are emotionally invested in the character. 'She cheated on the MC' equates to 'She cheated on me.'

But if you look at this logically, without the emotions, the best you can say is that we don't know now. For me, there is enough there to point to her being raped. Seems like he had sex with her while she was passed-out drunk / high.

I can see why Ava would hesitate to explain herself when the person standing there is clearly in a rage, especially when she knows it was the result of choices she made. Why wouldn't there be self-guilt?

People are social creatures. Wanting to go to a party and socialize with people you know (good or bad) isn't that unbelievable.
Addicts drink and do drugs for the same reason other people do. They like the feelings that come with it. If it were as simple as saying they should know better, there would be no addicts. How many people fail on their diet? They know they shouldn't eat that piece of cake but they also know that they really like cake. Emotions tend to over-ride logic.

And also, addict or not, people do dumb stuff when they drink and do drugs.

If the Dev's goal was to make people think, then the amount of comments so far show that he has succeeded. I look forward to the next update.
If we didn't have Ava's POV from the party in chapter 1 I would agree with you. But we do have her POV from the party in chapter 1. Chapter 2 completely rewrites the party. Dev should have either taken out her POV or not tried to course correct with a random rape plot that totally sucks. Rape as a plot device is weak sauce and so overplayed. Could have easily just had her cheat. Hell she didn't even have to have sex with the guy, just mess around then realize she didn't want to go any further. Either way, chapter 3 will be the deciding factor for most. Maybe it'll come out she's lying about the implied rape, I don't know. At the end of the day for whatever reason dev chose to show us 2 very different situations, both from the POV of Ava. I think dev needs to retcon one of these scenes and do a bit of rewriting so that it doesn't seem like they just suddenly tossed in a rape to make us feel sympathy for Ava. Even if she was raped I don't have to want to be around her. At the end of the day she did a ton of stuff that would be the end of a relationship for a ton of people. Chapter 1 she's hiding the fact she's dating MC. She's drinking and partying with her bf's bullies. She's grinding on her crush, stares lovingly into his eyes and agrees to go upstairs with him. Chapter 2 instead now she's drugged with molly and is escorted upstairs...pick one, it can't be both. Either she's drugged up and partially unaware, or she was sober and did a cheat. I think dev needs to sit down, hash out the script, and have someone review it for him. Unless it all comes out shes a lying liar in chapter 3. Either way, it'll take some great fuckin writing to get people on board with both Ava and Annie.

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021

The woman at his house is his sister. I'm not sure if there was a mention of a wife.

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes