VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

Yusuf69

Chad
Game Developer
Jan 2, 2020
For what this is worth to you as a dev and us as players, we wanna see more of the visual aspect of your novel, because the story in this gaming setup is spelled out in code words sometimes.

It was hearwrecking to see all the girls just sit there and blame MC as he was
being beaten day in and day out by Bryce. They never cared one bit, never interfeared.

So to see MC be dating a girl Bryce conquered with molly pills and essentially leave him in the middle of their relationship to join Bryce at his party where he greets her like his rape date, MC be best friends with the girl who got stuffed by the bulli brother - who instigates Bryce to date rape all the girls ... that just put a wrench in it.
All I can say, is that I've barely explored even half of their histories. There is a lot about the MC I haven't revealed either.

Nevertheless, I appreciate you for playing and giving your honest thoughts. Hopefully you end up liking chapter 3.

babadunde

May 31, 2017
I love how the developer incorporated the environment in the renders. It's a small feature but makes the vn so much more immersing. Need more like this

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
No, the vast majority do not expect Ava to be the ideal girl. The vast majority of us agree that the first scenario presented, in which she was unfaithful to the MC, was the best possible scenario if the dev wants to maintain that problematic background that she has.

From the beginning, to make Ava a cheater is to automatically condemn her to be a character with very, very little chances of being well received by the players. As has been said several times... Once a cheater, always a cheater. A controversial but courageous decision by the developer.

Now, I don't know if with the intention of making Ava less shitty (because she is), the possibility was added that she was not unfaithful, but that she was raped. Maybe it would have worked if you removed everything related to possible infidelity. But no, instead, both things were mixed, resulting in a poor plot, full of coincidences and unnecessary drama. And as if that were not enough, it is not confirmed whether both things happened.

This would have worked separately. Either she was unfaithful, or she was raped. It seems that the way in which the issue of rape was introduced was improvised. This results in the conclusion that the vast majority of us come to: Currently, Ava is a character almost impossible to empathize with.

I sincerely believe that two interesting plots may have come out.

1) Keep the original plan and that Ava has been unfaithful to the MC, having a cool possible redemption story on her part because she made a mistake.

2) That she went to the party without any intention of cheating on the MC, just to have fun with friends. But that, unfortunately, someone sexually abused her. She couldn't bear this and ended her relationship with the MC. Having a story in which she and he meet again and both help each other to overcome it.
I'm on the Ava fucked up, cheated and then paid the price train. She's more interesting as a character that is on a path of redemption for past mistakes than she is a a rape victim or someone who was set up to appear as though she had cheated.

evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021
Is the cheating here somewhat like a good vanilla girl versus bad seductive mistress type? Id hope so.

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
Well. Chapter 2 was certainly a thing that happened.

So where I'm at right now is a point of internal conflict about the game. On the one hand, I love what Yusuf is doing as far as renders and animations go. The game looks beautiful. However, that great art is shackled to a game that now has both main LIs being women I cannot abide.

Ava: Whether it turns out that she was actually raped or not, she went to that party knowing that something could happen. She went to the same school as all of these people and knew full well what type of people Bryce and his clique are. MC warned her not to go. Once she got there she intentionally chose not to tell anyone she was in a relationship. She wanted to "say goodbye" to a guy she had apparently crushed on for a while. All of this points to her at least subconsciously knowing something might happen and still choosing to go anyway. Even if she didn't consciously think to herself "This could be my last chance to go to pound town with Bryce!" she at least knew that something like this was a possibility and chose to go. This makes her unfaithful even if the way events played out mean that she didn't technically cheat.

Annie: Dated a guy she knew full well bullied the MC. Drags the MC along on a road trip because she "doesn't want to be alone". Says MC is the only one she trusts to go with but doesn't trust him enough to tell him what the hell it's about. Since she doesn't want to tell him, it's obvious that it's something she's ashamed of or knows in some way is wrong, or else she'd be willing to talk about it. All signs at this time point to her being a big 'ol narcissist, using MC for her own benefit while offering thin justifications for her behavior. For a guy that she supposedly cares about soooooooo much she sure seems to spend very little time taking his emotional state into consideration.

At this point the MC's best option romantically appears to be running off to join the French Foreign Legion.

Additionally, unrelated to the girls, I can't figure out how seriously this game wants us to take this story. One minute it's daytime soap opera levels of melodrama and the next minute it's jokes about talking cats or 4th wall breaks where the MC wonders if he might be a VN character. Pick a tonal lane.

So with all that said I'm just not sure about this game anymore. Yusuf is making some beautiful artwork but it seems like he might be better at art than he is at writing. I'm not stopping my Patreon pledge, yet, I'm going to give it at least one more release to see if he can pull up out of this tailspin, but if it continues in this vein I'm going to have to stop supporting it.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
I'm on the Ava fucked up, cheated and then paid the price train. She's more interesting as a character that is on a path of redemption for past mistakes than she is a a rape victim or someone who was set up to appear as though she had cheated.
I'am on the no cheating, no rape train, but i'am setting myself up for disappointment for sure. The reason for that is if either of one is true she set herself up and don't deserve shit from MC.

All I can say, is that I've barely explored even half of their histories. There is a lot about the MC I haven't revealed either.
I'am most likely completely wrong here (i hope i'am), but If that means what i think it means you'll show some of MC flaws next chapter, if this is the case you'll try to justify "GF" actions and i don't see it ending well. MC is already under fire from every side, even from his so called friends, it'll keep pilling up to the sea of misery.

TheYoungBuck

Oct 10, 2021
Well. Chapter 2 was certainly a thing that happened.

So where I'm at right now is a point of internal conflict about the game. On the one hand, I love what Yusuf is doing as far as renders and animations go. The game looks beautiful. However, that great art is shackled to a game that now has both main LIs being women I cannot abide.

Ava: Whether it turns out that she was actually raped or not, she went to that party knowing that something could happen. She went to the same school as all of these people and knew full well what type of people Bryce and his clique are. MC warned her not to go. Once she got there she intentionally chose not to tell anyone she was in a relationship. She wanted to "say goodbye" to a guy she had apparently crushed on for a while. All of this points to her at least subconsciously knowing something might happen and still choosing to go anyway. Even if she didn't consciously think to herself "This could be my last chance to go to pound town with Bryce!" she at least knew that something like this was a possibility and chose to go. This makes her unfaithful even if the way events played out mean that she didn't technically cheat.

Annie: Dated a guy she knew full well bullied the MC. Drags the MC along on a road trip because she "doesn't want to be alone". Says MC is the only one she trusts to go with but doesn't trust him enough to tell him what the hell it's about. Since she doesn't want to tell him, it's obvious that it's something she's ashamed of or knows in some way is wrong, or else she'd be willing to talk about it. All signs at this time point to her being a big 'ol narcissist, using MC for her own benefit while offering thin justifications for her behavior. For a guy that she supposedly cares about soooooooo much she sure seems to spend very little time taking his emotional state into consideration.

At this point the MC's best option romantically appears to be running off to join the French Foreign Legion.

Additionally, unrelated to the girls, I can't figure out how seriously this game wants us to take this story. One minute it's daytime soap opera levels of melodrama and the next minute it's jokes about talking cats or 4th wall breaks where the MC wonders if he might be a VN character. Pick a tonal lane.

So with all that said I'm just not sure about this game anymore. Yusuf is making some beautiful artwork but it seems like he might be better at art than he is at writing. I'm not stopping my Patreon pledge, yet, I'm going to give it at least one more release to see if he can pull up out of this tailspin, but if it continues in this vein I'm going to have to stop supporting it.
Regarding the tone, I like the balance. If it was just some melodramatic soap opera all the time, I feel like that could get old fast. No one wants to be playing a depressing game the entire time, that sounds masochistic. The funny moments are to lightnen the mood, but it doesn't take anything away from the main story imo.

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
Regarding the tone, I like the balance. If it was just some melodramatic soap opera all the time, I feel like that could get old fast. No one wants to be playing a depressing game the entire time, that sounds masochistic. The funny moments are to lightnen the mood, but it doesn't take anything away from the main story imo.
Well, reasonable people can certainly disagree with that take of mine. My experience is that it's jarring. If the rest of the story took itself slightly less seriously it might not be as much of a factor for me, but this story is presenting itself as Serious Business and then suddenly a cat attacking the MC while saying "Meow, bitch!" I get tonal whiplash when stuff like that happens, other people may be more flexible with it.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC is chill about the girls who hang out with dick, the skanks selling molly and puff,
but hates dick ... which is like saying you hate hitler but like his executioners.

MC spends all his time with Annie but 4 some reason it is dick who she goes after.

MC has no social life but annie texts him just like she faked she cared in school:
showing up after he was beaten up good by Bryce to fake caring about him,
then goes on to join Bryce clique partying at his house with his dick.

Annie literally takes Bryce”s dick and tells MC how happy she is with Bryces dick in her.
She point blank tells Leo Bryce”s dick is great - what a wonderful token of her friendship.

What other flaws do you all want from MC? He could just jump off a bridge to
excape this tormenting hell he keeps waking up to right after dreaming of drowning.

I'am on the no cheating, no rape train, but i'am setting myself up for disappointment for sure. The reason for that is if either of one is true she set herself up and don't deserve shit from MC.

I'am most likely completely wrong here (i hope i'am), but If that means what i think it means you'll show some of MC flaws next chapter, if this is the case you'll try to justify "GF" actions and i don't see it ending well. MC is already under fire from every side, even from his so called friends, it'll keep pilling up to the sea of misery.

Jack-Atlas

Sep 8, 2020
I just hope dev isn't going to force us into a romantic relationship or even sexual, maybe it's possible to fix all the issues listed in the last 50 pages by adding some hidden details scene(s) but whatever really happened that night just don't matter do not even care anymore just want to move on to hopefully less depressive shit, like wondering for 30 min did she cheated or got raped is just not why I play these games for maybe It's entertaining for some but It's just not to me. Dev can make a path where forgiving ppl could make forgiving mc to forgive them but give us the option to tell these two ladies to fuck-off if we feel that their excuses are bullshit.

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
I would be willing to bet decent money that Ava ended up in a "relationship" with Dick at some point.
That would be the ultimate cliché but I can already see it happening. After MC broke up with her she got together with Dick and back to drugs, then she wanted out, he wouldn't let her or something and now she's running away and she stole drug money from him, that's why she's so jumpy.

I obviously hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I just hope dev isn't going to force us into a romantic relationship or even sexual, maybe it's possible to fix all the issues listed in the last 50 pages by adding some hidden details scene(s) but whatever really happened that night just don't matter do not even care anymore just want to move on to hopefully less depressive shit, like wondering for 30 min did she cheated or got raped is just not why I play these games for maybe It's entertaining for some but It's just not to me. Dev can make a path where forgiving ppl could make forgiving mc to forgive them but give us the option to tell these two ladies to fuck-off if we feel that their excuses are bullshit.
Maybe it's a generation thing, but I'd be good with two weeks of non-stop threesome sex and then everyone goes their separate ways. :)

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
That would be the ultimate cliché but I can already see it happening. After MC broke up with her she got together with Dick and back to drugs, then she wanted out, he wouldn't let her or something and now she's running away and she stole drug money from him, that's why she's so jumpy.
If that were to be true... she's the town bike, such a romanceable character. :KEK:

I also used this phrase before for a "harem-NTR" game, "There is harem romance in this game, it's just not yours" it may apply here.

Last edited:

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Maybe it's a generation thing, but I'd be good with two weeks of non-stop threesome sex and then everyone goes their separate ways. :)
If that were to be true... she's the town bike, such a romanceable character. :KEK:

I also said this phrase before for a "harem-NTR" game, "There is harem romance in this game, it's just not yours"
By this point I honestly can only see a path of pump & dump because although she may or may not turn out to be the town's bike. Both of them were part of the bullying problem.

Jumping to the real life. Who in his right mind would pursue a romantic relation with the lover and enabler of his bully? Where is the self-respect?

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I'm only going to discuss Ava the reactions expressed here, and only speaking as an observer.
None of us know what happened at the party.

What we do know is that regardless of the wisdom of her attending she was slipped a Molly. A powerful drug that is potentiated by alcohol. She was under its influence BEFORE she went upstairs. Get it she was heavily drugged. Any expectation of her reaction the next morning/day is completely unsupportable. Many people never recover a clear memory of events that occurred under that drug without adding alcohol. NEVER.

We know that the MC was bullied by boys who at least for a time were with Ava and Annie. What we do not know is any of their internal reactions to their attacks on the MC. I repeat, WE KNOW NOTHING about their feelings about those events.

We know that the MC learned to protect himself and kicked the crap out of his bullies.

There are hundreds of comments here ascribing motivations to Ava with regard to her and the MC's shared history. All of those claimed motivations are speculation. We have NO statements or internal thoughts on her part to support ANY of those assertions. NONE!

Yeah I said I was going to focus on Ava, but some folks have also done the same with Annie, and the same applies. It's all speculation. Blah Blah Blah she must have... Blah Blah Blah. At this point speculation and NOTHING more...

I earlier cautioned the dev that, by opening the whole rape theme, he's pushed this story into dangerous territory. Now he assures us that he's got it all covered. Okay. Maybe he has. The least we can do is wait and see.

It's pretty obvious there's a huge as yet unrevealed back story and explanation about what happened in that bedroom on party night. I say, let's all cool down and wait for the reveal. Who knows, maybe the dev can pull this off.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
I'm only going to discuss Ava the reactions expressed here, and only speaking as an observer.

What we do know is that regardless of the wisdom of her attending she was slipped a Molly. A powerful drug that is potentiated by alcohol. She was under its influence BEFORE she went upstairs. Get it she was heavily drugged. Any expectation of her reaction the next morning/day is completely unsupportable. Many people never recover a clear memory of events that occurred under that drug without adding alcohol. NEVER.

We know that the MC was bullied by boys who at least for a time were with Ava and Annie. What we do not know is any of their internal reactions to their attacks on the MC. I repeat, WE KNOW NOTHING about their feelings about those events.
i agree to a certain extent. I would also add that Ava choosing to attend said party WAS AT BEST, selfish and irresponsible. Which seems to be the key factor driving the anti Ava bandwagon.(which I proudly have a driving seat on.)

But you are correct we need to wait and see Chapter 3. That's what's going to make or break this VN.

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018

We know that the MC learned to protect himself and kicked the crap out of his bullies.

There are hundreds of comments here ascribing motivations to Ava with regard to her and the MC's shared history. All of those claimed motivations are speculation. We have NO statements or internal thoughts on her part to support ANY of those assertions. NONE!

Yeah I said I was going to focus on Ava, but some folks have also done the same with Annie, and the same applies. It's all speculation. Blah Blah Blah she must have... Blah Blah Blah. At this point speculation and NOTHING more...

I earlier cautioned the dev that, by opening the whole rape theme, he's pushed this story into dangerous territory. Now he assures us that he's got it all covered. Okay. Maybe he has. The least we can do is wait and see.

It's pretty obvious there's a huge as yet unrevealed back story and explanation about what happened in that bedroom on party night. I say, let's all cool down and wait for the reveal. Who knows, maybe the dev can pull this off.
I mean, I get your point, sometimes people go overboard with their theories, but at this point expeculation is the only thing players can do, if they are not allowed to do even that because some people are not liking it (you know who you are) then what is the point of having a comment section?.

Speculation about the story is not only normal but also expected given the nature of the story.

I agree that we need to wait for a more clear explanation (maybe in episode 3), but expecting people to not discuss the game goes against the point of a discussion forum.

I'm going to paraphrase a line that some people (you know who you are) love to use in this site "If you don't like it, then don't read it".

Reading is avoidable folks.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Oh .. but we know plenty about their feelings:

The skanks a the party feel resentment against MC because he is rich
(while they are getting filthy rich off of selling molly, but who gives a damn about that, no?)

Dick and Bryce feel resentment against MC because his dad is getting their dad to jail.
Bryce tells MC he will beat him up every day and does so.

Those are not speculations. Those are their openly expressed and acted on resentment,
hate - all bullies like to think themselves the victims of their victims,
that is their driving intent callously spoken aloud while they beat the shht out of MC.

We know for a fact ... because dev showed us the talk and thoughts of Bryce and Dick:
THEY KNOW AVA IS NOT INTO BRYCE YET THEY TALK ABOUT SMASHING HER
AVA TELLS EVERYONE AT THE PARTY SHE DOES NOT LIKE BRYCE:
WHY THE FUCK DID SHE SHOW UP THEN?
IT WAS A PARTY BRYCE THREW HIMSELF, HE EXPECTED AVA TO FUCK HIM.
HE EVEN TELLS HER: AVA SLIPPED OUT ON HER MOM FOR LIL OL BRYCE.

THEIR INTENTION IS CLEAR: THE SKANKS GOT HER HIGH AND DRUNK.
THEY DID THAT ON PURPOSE FOR BRYCE TO SMASH HER.

THERE IS NO DEBATE OVER THAT. EVERYONE EXPECTED AND WAS HAPPY BRYCE RAPED AVA
BECAUSE THEY ALL KNOW HE DRUG RAPES GIRLS. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT,
THEY TALK ABOUT IT OPENLY AND WE SEE AND HEAR IT.

WE KNOW FOR A FACT BRYCE RAPE DRUGGED AVA TO SMASH HER.
THAT IS NOT DEBATABLE.

THAT IS WHY EVERYONE IS COOL ABOUT MC BEATING BRYCE 2 SECONDS TO DEATH
THEY KNOW BRYCE ALWAYS DRUG RAPES HIS GIRLS AND CERTAINLY HAD IT COMING.

NOBODY STOPPED MC FROM GOING UP TO BRYCE AND AVA.
THEY KNEW BRYCE WAS GONNA GET THE SHHT BEATING OF HIS LIFE FOR DRUG RAPING AVA. JUST LIKE NOBODY CARED THAT BRYCE BEAT UP MC ALL DAY EVERY DAY,
BECAUSE THEY ALL FELT LIKE AND TALKED ABOUT HOW MC HAD IT COMING.

THEY DO CARE: ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT WHEN YOU DRUG RAPE SOMEONE YOU KNOW YOU GET A BEATING. PERIOD.

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes