VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Recovering drug addict accepts an opened drink from known drug dealer.

I nominate Ava for the Darwin Awards.
The known drug dealer is also someone she has known and hung out with since she was a kid. Why would she assume Bryce was going to drug her for sex if he had never done it before?

Also, it was a party - with more than just her and him there. Other people she has known since she was a kid were also there. Why were they there? Would they not also know how evil Bryce was? Why did they trust Bryce?

The biggest problem I see is that she trusted those around her (people she has known since childhood) to have her back. They clearly didn't.

• Angry
Reactions: holaje12

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
The known drug dealer is also someone she has known and hung out with since she was a kid. Why would she assume Bryce was going to drug her for sex if he had never done it before?

Also, it was a party - with more than just her and him there. Other people she has known since she was a kid were also there. Why were they there? Would they not also know how evil Bryce was? Why did they trust Bryce?

The biggest problem I see is that she trusted those around her (people she has known since childhood) to have her back. They clearly didn't.
The story is still not 100% told. We know Bryce put something in her drink and later raped her. We don't even know if he ever did something like this in the past. He was a fool, a bully. We know this. apart from that, we don't know what his relationship was like to the click.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
The story is still not 100% told. We know Bryce put something in her drink and later raped her. We don't even know if he ever did something like this in the past. He was a fool, a bully. We know this. apart from that, we don't know what his relationship was like to the click.
Yes, we are just getting started with this story. Been sort of my stand since the beginning. There is a lot we don't know.

I don't think it would be a leap to assume Bryce has done something like this before. Just see no evidence that he has done it to anyone within their circle of friends. I also don't think it is a leap to assume that if he was a known rapist, most of the women wouldn't be there - unless they personally felt safe around him. Or maybe they knew that they weren't his target?

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Yes, we are just getting started with this story. Been sort of my stand since the beginning. There is a lot we don't know.

I don't think it would be a leap to assume Bryce has done something like this before. Just see no evidence that he has done it to anyone within their circle of friends. I also don't think it is a leap to assume that if he was a known rapist, most of the women wouldn't be there - unless they personally felt safe around him. Or maybe they knew that they weren't his target?
In any case, he had a crush on Ava. The way the dialogues are, i'd guess they had something with each other before Ava got together with the MC. At the party Bryce made up for her again. She turned him off. Then he took the drug. We saw the rest in the last cut scene. And then the message came on the MC's cell phone. Evidently someone wanted to hurt him. Since everyone was lying around drunk, it could only have been Bryce or his brother. And the idiot of MC then thought his girlfriend was cheating on him. He accused her of that and beat up Bryce without knowing about the rape. He didn't want to listen to Ava. So it wasn't a feat, just jealousy. And next he broke up with Ava. So he assessed the situation completely wrong, did not question it and was not any help for his girlfriend when she needed him most. You can't fail as a man or partner any worse.

Well, Bryce got his ass torn, the positive thing about it. Unfortunately for the wrong reasons. And only years later, because Anna has forced it, he first speaks to Ava and learns the truth. Well, that could have been different, if he had listened to her sooner. And we, as players, now have to deal with it. This time it's really a tough story. :eek::cool:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Explaining the reasoning behind vomiting i see.
Commonest symptoms after being mollied
These are secondary (mostly 6/7hrs after ingestion.
Feelings of depression.
Anxiety.
Irritability and aggression.
Impulsivity.
Loss of appetite.
Insomnia.
Fatigue.
Memory problems.
Impaired ability to pay attention.
Loss of interest in sex.
If "Molly" is supposed to be the wellknown partydrug that goes hand in hand with "House music" thats really alot more complicated then 6/7 hrs after digestion...
Feelings of depression : usually 3-4 days after and usually only with frequent or too high doses usage... (your serotonine is released, needs time to return to previous levels)
Anxiety : mostly happens when too high dose or not knowing you used it (or not being familiar with it, first time) will mostly happen when substance effects start, 30 min- 1hr after taking, usually goes away when you relax/get active..
irritability / aggression : mostly depending on shortage of sleep the days after using and depending on your character aswell.
Loss of appetite : yeah... low dosage of the active substance has been used in diet pills in the past... usually 30 min. after use upto 12/15 hrs after...
Impulsivity : rather dependent on your character, some get impulsive, some can concentrate more, some want to talk, others want to move/dance/walk (get active in general) usually gone after substance effects wear off...
Insomnia : usually only when too high doses or the day after, again really depends person to person...
Fatique : well.... being active an extra 6-8 hours does that to you ;)
Memory problems : too high doses same like with alcohol and such... using too often and too much may be another thing here.
Impaired ability to pay attention : very dependent on the personality and other factors, often a side effect from other things mentioned here...
Loss of interest in sex : yeah, this is definitely something else then that certain partydrug lol...

Then again, it's a bit like the notes for medicins ; if a certain number of the testers experienced something it gets included in the list even if 95% never had that problem.

cib64

Apr 7, 2021
I can't believe that i just read 100s of comments here for hours just to decide if i want to play the game or not. But i have to say this has been very entertaining discussion about the story, literally every nook and cranny of the story being dissected and analysed. I know so much about the story of the game without even playing it. :ROFLMAO:

I going to take the majority expert opinion and come back, and read the comments again for hours on the next update of the game;).

The only way to save this game in ch3 is to start it with now we gonna show you what really happened that night but oh wait Annie is soo concentrated on the story that she can't see the upcoming truck, both of them are dead with the truck driver and the MC is amnesic at the hospital and the twist is that Bryce was the truck driver and now we'll never know. :ROFLMAO:
This can be canon till Dev get the chance to tell his story further<( ̄︶ ̄)↗.

• Haha
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
3) Instead of trying to figure out herself what happened (if she was really unaware) she just threw cliche lines right of the bat like it was something she's done before and came out naturally.
This is the part that makes this not hang together for me. After immediately waking up and springing out of bed like Roger Rabbit, her first words were "It's not what you think!" indicating she KNOWS what it really is..? If that's the case, she really has some 'splainin' to do why she's naked in bed with her ex-crush/mc's bully... I would accept her story better if her words were something to the effect of "What's going on? And WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY CLOTHES??!!!" Her lack of confusion, to me, is damning.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
This is the part that makes this not hang together for me. After immediately waking up and springing out of bed like Roger Rabbit, her first words were "It's not what you think!" indicating she KNOWS what it really is..? If that's the case, she really has some 'splainin' to do why she's naked in bed with her ex-crush/mc's bully... I would accept her story better if her words were something to the effect of "What's going on? And WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY CLOTHES??!!!" Her lack of confusion, to me, is damning.
You wake in the morning and there is a dead body next to you and a knife in your hand, the cops wake you up, you say:

A) Its not what you think officer
B) What the hell is going on ?!

I'm mostly joking, but I too find the initial reaction of Ava in Episode 1 to be more in line to what a cheater would say rather than a "post-drug naked and maybe raped" kind of reaction, and that dissonance is what throws me off.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Yeah, the dev insists he didn't change the cheating part into a rape to make her more likeable, so if we accept that, I can only assume he really wanted us to believe she cheated, so he can pull a "things are not always how they seem" and went overboard. Same with how they looked in each other eyes and Ava noded or whatever that line was, before she followed Bryce upstairs.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Yeah, the dev insists he didn't change the cheating part into a rape to make her more likeable, so if we accept that, I can only assume he really wanted us to believe she cheated, so he can pull a "things are not always how they seem" and went overboard. Same with how they looked in each other eyes and Ava noded or whatever that line was, before she followed Bryce upstairs.
I agree. The whole point in the previous release was for the audience to assume she had cheated.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
You wake in the morning and there is a dead body next to you and a knife in your hand, the cops wake you up, you say:

A) Its not what you think officer
B) What the hell is going on ?!

I'm mostly joking, but I too find the initial reaction of Ava in Episode 1 to be more in line to what a cheater would say rather than a "post-drug naked and maybe raped" kind of reaction, and that dissonance is what throws me off.
The last thing she remembers is throwing this guy out. Now she wakes up with him in bed and she's naked. She might not be aware of what happened but the one thing she does know is that she did not willingly have sex with the guy - "It's not what you think" seems at least plausible. It's not like the MC waited for an explanation, and we don't know much of what happened after that.
Not saying this is the answer but it is a possible answer that fits the Dev's narrative. He wants us to think she didn't cheat willingly.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
The last thing she remembers is throwing this guy out. Now she wakes up with him in bed and she's naked. She might not be aware of what happened but the one thing she does know is that she did not willingly have sex with the guy - "It's not what you think" seems at least plausible. It's not like the MC waited for an explanation, and we don't know much of what happened after that.
Not saying this is the answer but it is a possible answer that fits the Dev's narrative. He wants us to think she didn't cheat willingly.
Maybe, but there are far better ways to set up stuff like this, and I bet you, that if it was properly set up you wouldn't have multiple posts outraged at this kind of "cheat in episode 1, supposed rape in episode 2". Again, from what I gather, people are not upset of the possibility of rape/cheating, but at how it is portrayed, and the Dev seems aware of it at the very least, by admitting that cutting one scene that would have helped us was a mistake.

Also, this is from my interpretation and opinion, but if the rape didn't happen and it was all a mistake, Ava didn't put up much of a fight to explain it, don't you think ? Anyways, we'll see in Episode 3 I guess.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Maybe, but there are far better ways to set up stuff like this, and I bet you, that if it was properly set up you wouldn't have multiple posts outraged at this kind of "cheat in episode 1, supposed rape in episode 2". Again, from what I gather, people are not upset of the possibility of rape/cheating, but at how it is portrayed, and the Dev seems aware of it at the very least, by admitting that cutting one scene that would have helped us was a mistake.

Also, this is from my interpretation and opinion, but if the rape didn't happen and it was all a mistake, Ava didn't put up much of a fight to explain it, don't you think ? Anyways, we'll see in Episode 3 I guess.
My opinion is that the plot twist was intentional. But yea, we'll both have to wait and see.

Just to throw it out there, if the Dev was writing Academy Award winning screenplays, he probably wouldn't be here writing this. :)

Reactions: v1900

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
It also explains Ava vomiting, adding drugs to the alcohol allready there can cause the stomach to decide it's "payback time" or better: it empties itself to get rid of the toxins... just a natural function, this also greatly inhibits the effects of said toxins since they can no longer be taken into the bloodstream... Usually this response is relatively fast after using a drug when you allready have a belly full of alcohol (for instance the molly would need a different environment to digest, the stomach is either a base or an acid for digesting or the amount of alcohol allready set the stomach close to it's maximum tolerance, the type of food you had for dinner and how much will also be a factor)
Let's play "Doctor doctor"

Explaining the reasoning behind vomiting i see.
Commonest symptoms after being mollied
These are secondary (mostly 6/7hrs after ingestion.
Feelings of depression.
Anxiety.
Irritability and aggression.
Impulsivity.
Loss of appetite.
Insomnia.
Fatigue.
Memory problems.
Impaired ability to pay attention.
Loss of interest in sex.

Its the justification based on actual observation and not speculation, you know majority of the people might not be wrong when they arrive at more or less similar conclusion.
If "Molly" is supposed to be the wellknown partydrug that goes hand in hand with "House music" thats really alot more complicated then 6/7 hrs after digestion...
Feelings of depression : usually 3-4 days after and usually only with frequent or too high doses usage... (your serotonine is released, needs time to return to previous levels)
Anxiety : mostly happens when too high dose or not knowing you used it (or not being familiar with it, first time) will mostly happen when substance effects start, 30 min- 1hr after taking, usually goes away when you relax/get active..
irritability / aggression : mostly depending on shortage of sleep the days after using and depending on your character aswell.
Loss of appetite : yeah... low dosage of the active substance has been used in diet pills in the past... usually 30 min. after use upto 12/15 hrs after...
Impulsivity : rather dependent on your character, some get impulsive, some can concentrate more, some want to talk, others want to move/dance/walk (get active in general) usually gone after substance effects wear off...
Insomnia : usually only when too high doses or the day after, again really depends person to person...
Fatique : well.... being active an extra 6-8 hours does that to you ;)
Memory problems : too high doses same like with alcohol and such... using too often and too much may be another thing here.
Impaired ability to pay attention : very dependent on the personality and other factors, often a side effect from other things mentioned here...
Loss of interest in sex : yeah, this is definitely something else then that certain partydrug lol...

Then again, it's a bit like the notes for medicins ; if a certain number of the testers experienced something it gets included in the list even if 95% never had that problem.
Damn it, is this shit still going on? Shit alright I will try to not give too much info (I do not want to make a guide of what non of us should do).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

[Edit] sorry it turned out to be an unsightly wall of text and I decided to put it inside a spoiler.

Last edited:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
My opinion is that the plot twist was intentional. But yea, we'll both have to wait and see.

Just to throw it out there, if the Dev was writing Academy Award winning screenplays, he probably wouldn't be here writing this. :)
Hell maybe his commercial writing has made him wealthy beyond our understanding, and this is just a hobby by which he entertains us. I mean you never know...

constantine

Jul 1, 2017
I don't know exactly what "molly" is so I googled it. It's ecstasy (which is what I know it as), and apparently it "triggers hormones that affect sexual arousal and trust ( ). Based on what I read, it can make you feel more flirty, romantic and increases risky sexual behavior; which does explain Ava's actions with Bryce. So it's possible the molly influenced Ava to cheat. And Ava might have thought she cheated on MC at first when she woke up naked, but when she realized later she was drugged, Ava considered it as rape since she was too impaired to know what she was doing.

Either way, the situation makes Ava unviable as a love interest I agree, not just from the MC's perspective, but Ava doesn't seem like she's in a good place to be romantic with anyone. For me, I just want to see closure to the situation so that MC and Ava can move on.

Reactions: clowns234

Yusuf69

Chad
Game Developer
Jan 2, 2020
Upon sitting on a lot of comments, I've decided that there is a decent amount of constructive feedback, and therefore I can see some of the flaws in my execution regarding the Ava situation. I clearly didn't do enough proper research before I wrote some of it, and I acknowledge that. I decided I will most likely redo a few renders, and dialogue changes in both chapter 1 and 2. Just to clarify some stuff, and make things more coherent instead of feeling like a complete 180. I expect some players to still not be fully satisfied, even with these changes, but that doesn't really matter. Not pleasing people is one thing, but when I objectively fuck up on something, then it's my job to realize that, and improve upon my work. My vision will be the same, I just need to execute it better.

To give some hints as to what will probably change: The drug(s) she consumes, the way certain characters act, and I will also provide some more information through dialogue. Again, there isn't too much for me to do. But it's the subtle things that add up, making room for multiple possibilities, rather than one or two possibilities.

Thank you, to those who of you who were genuinely being constructive. I appreciate it.

Mar 27, 2019
That's what I like to hear myself....never compromise on your vision of your game, regardless of who likes it or doesn't like it. You'll get just as many people who will play it as won't.

That being said...said clarity would be GREATLY appreciated :ROFLMAO:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
First, I don't think the dev has "retconned" anything like others have argued. I think the dev omitted a scene, just to mislead us, so in the next release we could see details beyond the initial one. This isn't unusual in cinematography. Having said that, my problem with her isn't that she was raped. She willingly went to the party and willingly chose to drink, knowing her boyfriend strongly didn't want her to do either. She's a pretty shitty girlfriend for that so I don't see why I would be so desperate for pussy I'd choose her over self-respect.

Upon sitting on a lot of comments, I've decided that there is a decent amount of constructive feedback, and therefore I can see some of the flaws in my execution regarding the Ava situation. I clearly didn't do enough proper research before I wrote some of it, and I acknowledge that. I decided I will most likely redo a few renders, and dialogue changes in both chapter 1 and 2. Just to clarify some stuff, and make things more coherent instead of feeling like a complete 180. I expect some players to still not be fully satisfied, even with these changes, but that doesn't really matter. Not pleasing people is one thing, but when I objectively fuck up on something, then it's my job to realize that, and improve upon my work. My vision will be the same, I just need to execute it better.

To give some hints as to what will probably change: The drug(s) she consumes, the way certain characters act, and I will also provide some more information through dialogue. Again, there isn't too much for me to do. But it's the subtle things that add up, making room for multiple possibilities, rather than one or two possibilities.

Thank you, to those who of you who were genuinely being constructive. I appreciate it.
Dev I respect that you wanna take constructive feedback for your vision for your game. From what I can tell you're going through the trouble to look through these comments and try to improve upon it, which is a good thing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
I still stand by my theory Ava later hooks up with Dick. Cuz Bryce Cosby left,and she doesn't seem like the type who can handle being alone. She seems like the type who gets her sense of self worth from her 'friends'.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: eddie987
3.70 star(s) 32 Votes