VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

XavierVCP

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2019
Love the game. But I'll be honest, I spit out my coffee when the cat jumped out of nowhere. And I couldn't stop laughing. I had to run and tell my wife about it. Cheers.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
First, I don't think the dev has "retconned" anything like others have argued. I think the dev omitted a scene, just to mislead us, so in the next release we could see details beyond the initial one. This isn't unusual in cinematography. Having said that, my problem with her isn't that she was raped. She willingly went to the party and willingly chose to drink, knowing her boyfriend strongly didn't want her to do either. She's a pretty shitty girlfriend for that so I don't see why I would be so desperate for pussy I'd choose her over self-respect.

Dev I respect that you wanna take constructive feedback for your vision for your game. From what I can tell you're going through the trouble to look through these comments and try to improve upon it, which is a good thing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As I see it, if she's to blame for going to the party, then he's to blame for letting her.
Knowing what he knew, he could have easily told her straight up not to go to the party unless he went with her. These were all people they both went to school with. The fact that he didn't says a lot about him.
'If you go to the party, we're done' would have went a long way here. (Of course, there wouldn't be much of a story to tell. :) )

Last edited:

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
As I see it, if she's to blame for going to the party, then he's to blame for letting her.
Knowing what he knew, he could have easily told her straight up not to go to the party unless he went with her. These were all people they both went to school with. The fact that he didn't says a lot about him.
'If you go to the party, we're done' would have went a long way here. (Of course, there wouldn't be much of a story to tell. :) )
I hold the opinion that in a relationship you're not someone's father/mother, but there should be a mutual respect to someone's decision making capabilities. And in this case, Ava went out her way to go against the MC's trust (at least from my point of view).

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Umm, sorry, but no. That would be being a controlling prick. He's not in a position to forbid her anything. All he can do is let her know what he is and isn't comfortable with. She is free to choose what to do and has full responsibility for those choices.

May 7, 2017
'If you go to the party, we're done' would have gone a long way here. (Of course, there wouldn't be much of a story to tell. :) )
So you want to make the MC a jealous individual that doesn't trust his girlfriend thus undoing the positive and supportive role he had on Ava's life at that point? You know, those 3 months since they were dating and she has been clean from drugs. Sure the MC could have aired a bit more of his grievances over her girlfriend going to the farewell party of his bully, but the instant he asked her about the party she said is just to give her goodbyes, which in turn has the MC making a statement regarding Sarah and Natasha going, in response, Ava says: "Yeah... is it bad that I kinda miss them?". This last statement cemented it for me, she was going to the party more for Natasha and Sarah rather than Bryce, but then again if she missed those girls she could have met them outside of Bryce's farewell party, instead, she goes to Bryce's party to meet them while 'possibly' knowing the history between Bryce and the MC, that fact, doesn't that say a lot about her (as a person).

Last edited:
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I hold the opinion that in a relationship you're not someone's father/mother, but there should be a mutual respect to someone's decision making capabilities. And in this case, Ava went out her way to go against the MC's trust (at least from my point of view).
He knew the people there were of low quality. Weren't they the same group that stood by and watched Bryce beat on him when they were kids? If he cared at all for her then at a minimum, he should have insisted that he go with. I would have.

Maybe it's just me, but if I feel strongly about something, I speak up. People who don't and then complain about it later annoy the fuck out of me. LOL

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I think you are right I would have told her not to go, if she insisted even command her fully knowing that it would end the relationship. It all comes down to self-respect and the impossibility of having your girlfriend being chummy with your bullies.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
So you want to make the MC a jealous individual that doesn't trust his girlfriend thus undoing the positive and supportive role he had on Ava's life at that point? You know, those 3 months since they were dating and she has been clean from drugs. Sure the MC could have aired a bit more of his grievances over her girlfriend going to the farewell party of his bully, but the instant he asked her about the party she said is just to give her goodbyes, which in turn has the MC making a statement regarding Sarah and Natasha going, to which Ava goes and says: "Yeah... is it bad that I kinda miss them?". This last statement cemented it for me, she was going to the party more for Natasha and Sarah rather than Bryce, but then again if she missed those girls she could have met them outside of Bryce's farewell party, instead, she goes to Bryce's party to meet them while 'possibly' knowing the history between Bryce and the MC, that fact, doesn't that say a lot about her (as a person).
I think there is enough history to justify her not going - or at least him going with her. If she still insisted on going without him after that, then it would be time to re-evaluate the relationship.

It's not so much trust with her but more about distrust with the others who would be there. He should have had her back.

Last edited:

Chris_Prat

May 19, 2017
It's over the line being so bad for a 3 months relationship that ends how it ends (and he's bad over a year since then, isn't he?, clearly I don't remember), for a 1 year relationship could be more credible though.. In terms of being depressed, the game manages itself so good to portrait a complex feeling (it shows, it doesn't tell --first rule-- and only this deserves to play)..

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
First, I don't think the dev has "retconned" anything like others have argued. I think the dev omitted a scene, just to mislead us, so in the next release we could see details beyond the initial one. This isn't unusual in cinematography. Having said that, my problem with her isn't that she was raped. She willingly went to the party and willingly chose to drink, knowing her boyfriend strongly didn't want her to do either. She's a pretty shitty girlfriend for that so I don't see why I would be so desperate for pussy I'd choose her over self-respect.

Dev I respect that you wanna take constructive feedback for your vision for your game. From what I can tell you're going through the trouble to look through these comments and try to improve upon it, which is a good thing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Your example is spot on. Although I would argue that she letting the MC be bullied is actually a mayor part in this, which in part is the same mayor reason Annie is also trash and not really MC's friend. They are just crazy assholes that use the MC as their personal therapy dog.

The dev has a challenge making them future LI material without demeaning the MC.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
It's over the line being so bad for a 3 months relationship that ends how it ends (and he's bad over a year since then, isn't he?, clearly I don't remember), for a 1 year relationship could be more credible though.. In terms of being depressed, the game manages itself so good to portrait a complex feeling (it shows, it doesn't tell --first rule-- and only this deserves to play)..
Yeah it is not exactly clear what he is messed up about but it appears that it is about the death of his friend Sam and apparently his mother. It appears that the shit with Ava was just the seasoning for the meal.

Reactions: Paranoid_android
May 7, 2017
I think there is enough history to justify her not going - or at least him going with her. If she still insisted on going without him after that, then it would be time to re-evaluate the relationship.
Which is why I said, that says more about her than him. If you are supportive and your SO as well, then both of you should have equal levels of comfort and trust from each other, Ava, in this case, doesn't. She foregoes the possible history between MC and Bryce, goes to an environment where alcohol and drugs might be readily available, dismisses the MC when she doesn't acknowledge she is seeing the MC after Natasha teases her about her past crush on Bryce, just so that she could see Sarah and Natasha at the party.

That's the thing, the MC is not necessarily an idiot for not commanding her to not go to the party, he is being supportive and understanding of her situation, unlike Ava. Ava apparently has moved out 3 times, in an undefined span of time, so she hasn't seen her friends (Natasha and Sarah), and the MC had a level of trust towards Ava that made him comfortable enough that he trusted Ava to not relapse and that she would keep herself safe. This is also just for plot conveniences, given that Ava could meet her friends (Sarah and Natasha) outside of the party, but instead decides to go to the party of the 'former bully' of MC and drug-dealer of her, just so that she could see her friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterNephilim

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
I agree that MC could have done more to express his displeasure at Ava going to the party in the first place. He was too passive about the whole thing. So far MC has been portrayed as a guy who's basically a spineless wimp until he hits the overflow point at which time he jumps right to the violence (beating Bryce after the party, going to Bryce's place when they were kids intentionally looking for a fight). He was too passive.

But none of that is a justification for Ava shitting all over his feelings by going to the party. She went to the same school as Bryce and his gang, she hung out with them for some time apparently, she had to know how they all felt about and treated MC. It's too much to ask me to believe that she hung out with these people for years and never heard any of them even shit talking about him. She shouldn't have needed MC to be more assertive in this case to know this was not going to be great for him. She chose to go anyway, which means she's either blind to the MC's feelings or doesn't really give a shit about them. Either way it's serious "reevaluate this relationship" behavior.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Which is why I said, that says more about her than him. If you are supportive and your SO as well, then both of you should have equal levels of comfort and trust from each other, Ava, in this case, doesn't. She foregoes the possible history between MC and Bryce, goes to an environment where alcohol and drugs might be readily available, dismisses the MC when she doesn't acknowledge she is seeing the MC after Natasha teases her about her past crush on Bryce, just so that she could see Sarah and Natasha at the party.

That's the thing, the MC is not necessarily an idiot for not commanding her to not go to the party, he is being supportive and understanding of her situation. Ava apparently has moved out 3 times, in an undefined span of time, so she hasn't seen her friends (Natasha and Sarah), and the MC had a level of trust towards Ava that made him comfortable enough that he trusted Ava to not relapse and that she would keep herself safe. This is also just for plot conveniences, given that Ava could meet her friends (Sarah and Natasha) outside of the party, but instead decides to go to the party of the 'former bully' of MC and drug-dealer of her, just so that she could see her friends.
I commented early on that they were all flawed people. It's how the Dev wants them to be seen.
I'm just pointing out that there is plenty of blame to go around. They both made bad choices and had to pay for the consequences. :)

May 7, 2017
I commented early on that they were all flawed people. It's how the Dev wants them to be seen.
I'm just pointing out that there is plenty of blame to go around. They both made bad choices and had to pay for the consequences. :)
Though clearly, the bad choices are more on Ava' side than the MC. The passivity from the MC, that shows when he doesn't react to Ava deciding to go to the party of Bryce, can come from many individual things or be a combination of them: 1) MC is naive, 2) trusting Ava, 3) MC and Bryce haven't seen each other for a while, so there hasn't been any type of tension between them* 4) understanding that Ava wanted to say goodbye to her friends (Sarah and Natasha) but for plot conveniences, her chance at meeting them is at the party of his bully.

I would still side with the MC here since his only apparent mistake was trusting Ava, who apparently doesn't care for him.

* The timeframe, and the type of relationship the MC had with Bryce at that point are also an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFurs and v1900

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Have you ever dated anyone? If they told you they were going to do something you didn't want them to do, would you put them in a cage so they didn't do it? Would you tell them you don't trust them away from you? The mc would be a shitty boyfriend to do that. He is NOT in control of her actions, he is only in control of his own.

If you can't trust your girlfriend you shouldn't be dating her in a committed relationship. And, given what happened at the party, the mc was wrong to trust her.

As far as I can tell the mc was a good boyfriend and she fucked up horribly. I have no sympathy for her.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Though clearly, the bad choices are more on Ava' side than the MC. The passivity from the MC can come from many individual things or a combination of them: 1) MC is naive, 2) trusting Ava, 3) understanding that Ava wanted to say goodbye to her friends (Sarah and Natasha) but for plot conveniences, her chance at meeting them is at the party of his bully.

I would still side with the MC here since his only apparent mistake was trusting Ava, who apparently doesn't care for him.
I think it could go either way. She wanted to go to a party with people they both had known since they were kids. Unless you metagame, it doesn't seem that out of the ordinary. Probably not the first party she's went to with these people. Why would she suspect foul play this time?

He knew the type of people who were going to be there as much as she did. He knew she had a drug / alcohol problem as much as she did. He should have insisted that he go with her - if for no other reason than to have her back around guys (and girls) he did not trust and to keep her on the straight and narrow - away from the drugs and the booze. That's not only being a boyfriend, that's being a friend. Just my opinion.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Yet .. he did go .. but all he was able to do is exact revenge on the rapist drugger asshole.
the fkking enabler instigating dick slipped through, the fkking coercing skanks
who prepared her to be drug raped slipped through .. they got away with destroynig
ava and mc, way to go dev on portraying exactly what shitty fake friends do IRL.
I think it could go either way. She wanted to go to a party with people they both had known since they were kids. Unless you metagame, it doesn't seem that out of the ordinary. Probably not the first party she's went to with these people. Why would she suspect foul play this time?

He knew the type of people who were going to be there as much as she did. He knew she had a drug / alcohol problem as much as she did. He should have insisted that he go with her - if for no other reason than to have her back around guys (and girls) he did not trust and to keep her on the straight and narrow - away from the drugs and the booze. That's not only being a boyfriend, that's being a friend. Just my opinion.
Dev chose to only show us flashbacks of Bryce BEATING THE SHHT OUTTA MC.

Where did you connect the dots MC could be there to party and not start a fight?
All we see of Bryce and dick is conniving to beat MC up.
All we see of ava is being on Bryces side, while screwing MC over and over.

You do know that there are cheating skanks that fkk lovers and get smashed at parties.

Yes .. ava has known all of the guys at the party TO HATE AND BEAT ON MC.
She does not tell them anyhting about MC - NOT A DAMN WORD SHE LOVES MC.

They are surprized about ava ... AS MUCH AS MC IS JARRED TO LEARN SHE FKKING
CHOSE THE ASSHOLE DRUG RAPIST TO PARTY WITH AND DRINK HIS BOOZE AND SMOKE HIS JOINTS AND SLEEP IN HIS BED ... WAY TO BLOW YOUR SO CALLED RELATIONSHIP TO SMITEREENS.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Have you ever dated anyone? If they told you they were going to do something you didn't want them to do, would you put them in a cage so they didn't do it? Would you tell them you don't trust them away from you? The mc would be a shitty boyfriend to do that. He is NOT in control of her actions, he is only in control of his own.

If you can't trust your girlfriend you shouldn't be dating her in a committed relationship. And, given what happened at the party, the mc was wrong to trust her.

As far as I can tell the mc was a good boyfriend and she fucked up horribly. I have no sympathy for her.
My wife has gone to parties without me. If I thought she shouldn't go, she would respect my request and not go - because she would know that I would not make that request lightly - because she trusts my judgement.

Reactions: v1900 and Qoo-Rilla

NorWest

Oct 7, 2020
Everybody is looking for viable LIs, but maybe there are none (except in flashbacks). We have a MC who is tricked into a roadtrip and is now stuck with two women. He does not have a good history with any of them, and the question is really if it is just Annie or both of them who has set this up. We have some choices to make the MC a little less or a little more depressed before the journey ends and the package (the MC) is delivered in return for some lottery money. THE (bad) END

..... but then again, probably not :)

Reactions: PJWhoopie
3.70 star(s) 32 Votes