VN Ren'Py Abandoned Fallen Roads [v0.2] [Boketto Games]

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
I was hoping that EP3 would have dropped by now.... but, methinks, the DEV has really rolled up his sleeves and has been putting great effort into it.

So, that probably means, the longer it takes, the better it is going to be.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Hey everyone,

If you've been following the last few posts, you probably saw this coming to an extent. I've decided to unlaunch this Patreon page on the 20th, which means no one will be charged anymore unless I relaunch the page.

My life lately has felt like satire. A lot of random ups and downs. But a good amount of downs. I had a lot on my plate before chapter 2 released, especially with my mother having cancer and my mental health issues. I grinded a lot and didn't allow myself to deal with some of the bullshit that was festering in my mind which kinda made it worse. I've gotten kinda better with it over the past few months, although I think it'll always be a work in progress. But besides that, I have a lot I need to get sorted and deal with right now. My family got covid this week as well, so that hasn't helped. Like I said before, a lot of governmental, financial, and just life issues are taking the forefront of my life and that allows almost no time for Fallen Roads right now.

I also don't have the burning desire to get it done right now either. Some of it is burnout, some of it is just because of everything else I said. But I will say, I love this world I've created. I love these characters. I wish I could finish this game all at once, so you all could experience what I had planned, but unfortunately time is too limited.

I am also a young guy. I think in a sense I overestimated how much I could do right now, when I have all these other things I need to do. I think when I can find a stable balance in my life again, I'll probably return. If I ever get a good amount of the next update done, I'll let you all know.

All this said, I'm not going to be inactive in the community. I still want to tinker with 3D stuff, and maybe work on some one off renders here and there. I am also doing art on the side for the game I mentioned in the last few posts. Doing things this way is more fun for me, and allows me to still deal with real life stuff without having the extra pressure of Fallen Roads. I can just explore my creativity whenever I have time and see where it takes me. This also means if I ever return to Fallen Roads, I'm going to be much more skilled and experienced, allowing Fallen Roads to reach a level of polish that hasn't been seen before.

Anyway, I know most of you understand why things had to turn out this way. If there is any glaring issues you have, feel free to shoot me a message. But I cannot force myself to do something I barely have the time, or the drive for. I hope if there is something that I end up doing in the 3D space again, you can stick around.

But until then, take care of yourselves. Thank you for believing in my vision, when no one else did.

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020

Hey everyone,

If you've been following the last few posts, you probably saw this coming to an extent. I've decided to unlaunch this Patreon page on the 20th, which means no one will be charged anymore unless I relaunch the page.

My life lately has felt like satire. A lot of random ups and downs. But a good amount of downs. I had a lot on my plate before chapter 2 released, especially with my mother having cancer and my mental health issues. I grinded a lot and didn't allow myself to deal with some of the bullshit that was festering in my mind which kinda made it worse. I've gotten kinda better with it over the past few months, although I think it'll always be a work in progress. But besides that, I have a lot I need to get sorted and deal with right now. My family got covid this week as well, so that hasn't helped. Like I said before, a lot of governmental, financial, and just life issues are taking the forefront of my life and that allows almost no time for Fallen Roads right now.

I also don't have the burning desire to get it done right now either. Some of it is burnout, some of it is just because of everything else I said. But I will say, I love this world I've created. I love these characters. I wish I could finish this game all at once, so you all could experience what I had planned, but unfortunately time is too limited.

I am also a young guy. I think in a sense I overestimated how much I could do right now, when I have all these other things I need to do. I think when I can find a stable balance in my life again, I'll probably return. If I ever get a good amount of the next update done, I'll let you all know.

All this said, I'm not going to be inactive in the community. I still want to tinker with 3D stuff, and maybe work on some one off renders here and there. I am also doing art on the side for the game I mentioned in the last few posts. Doing things this way is more fun for me, and allows me to still deal with real life stuff without having the extra pressure of Fallen Roads. I can just explore my creativity whenever I have time and see where it takes me. This also means if I ever return to Fallen Roads, I'm going to be much more skilled and experienced, allowing Fallen Roads to reach a level of polish that hasn't been seen before.

Anyway, I know most of you understand why things had to turn out this way. If there is any glaring issues you have, feel free to shoot me a message. But I cannot force myself to do something I barely have the time, or the drive for. I hope if there is something that I end up doing in the 3D space again, you can stick around.

But until then, take care of yourselves. Thank you for believing in my vision, when no one else did.
I'm not too surprised by this news. It seems the dev had a lot of real-life stuff going on even when the last update was released and I'm sure all the negative reactions to Ch 2 played a part in his decision, even though he doesn't mention it. But if you really think about it, the negative reactions make sense. Afterall, the whole tone of the game thus far has been overwhelmingly negative. So, it would make sense that if the only emotions players feel while playing it are negative, that their reactions to it would also be negative. Hopefully, the dev can get back to working on this game at some point when things are going better.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I'm not too surprised by this news. It seems the dev had a lot of real-life stuff going on even when the last update was released and I'm sure all the negative reactions to Ch 2 played a part in his decision, even though he doesn't mention it. But if you really think about it, the negative reactions make sense. Afterall, the whole tone of the game thus far has been overwhelmingly negative. So, it would make sense that if the only emotions players feel while playing it are negative, that their reactions to it would also be negative. Hopefully, the dev can get back to working on this game at some point when things are going better.
I wish the dev strength and luck with dealing with his real life problems and allthough getting negative feedback will not have helped there, i can understand his decision and hope he can pick this game up again at some point...

There's been positive feedback aswell and the project really showed promise so don't just look at the negative feedback i'd say.
Possible the vibe of the game was a bit heavy on the negative feelings and starting with a very strong setup for the antagonists and perhaps not enough happy moments with the LI's is what resulted in a false start for them, contributing atleast partly to negative feedback but nothing that can't be fixed... Overall impressive work nevertheless...

Either way, thanks and goodluck Yusuf / BokettoGames!

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Shame, I really liked it so far. Imo, people overreacted. Some things could have been done better, but it wasn't as bad as some made it. ( hell, most harem games are completely nonsensical, but you don't see them break their necks over it).

Yusuf69

Chad
Game Developer
Jan 2, 2020
Thanks everyone. It wasn't really the negative reception here that contributed much, but a mixture of tons of stuff. Like I said, tons of real life stuff I'm dealing with. Honestly, at the end of the day, I could tell most people were invested in what I was making. Even through all the criticism, I could tell people actually cared. That they saw potential. And that makes me really glad. I do think I'll continue Fallen Roads again one day. I rewrote some of the scenes I had issues with and mapped out chapter 3. But the commitment to doing a full VN right now, with everything I have going on in real life, is just too much.

I do hope that you guys enjoy whatever else i end up working on, but until then, thanks for sticking around. ❤

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Thanks everyone. It wasn't really the negative reception here that contributed much, but a mixture of tons of stuff. Like I said, tons of real life stuff I'm dealing with. Honestly, at the end of the day, I could tell most people were invested in what I was making. Even through all the criticism, I could tell people actually cared. That they saw potential. And that makes me really glad. I do think I'll continue Fallen Roads again one day. I rewrote some of the scenes I had issues with and mapped out chapter 3. But the commitment to doing a full VN right now, with everything I have going on in real life, is just too much.

I do hope that you guys enjoy whatever else i end up working on, but until then, thanks for sticking around. ❤

So did Ava cheat or get raped? It's dead,spoil it

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Yes, we loved the world you created for these characters as well, and has been stated countless times before, the criticism were meant to be productive, as with only two real episodes, we could all see a worthy story (from a talented creator).

Best of luck with your immediate endeavors, and hopefully, you'll be blessed enough to get your passion for his project back.

Take Care, and we'll keep watching this space with crossed fingers!

SunsetChaser

Jan 9, 2022
Sad to hear about this. Thought the game was really well written, quite different from the usual dreck. And the art was very strong

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
She probably didn't cheat on him, nor was she raped, surely it was a prank from the others since they didn't like the MC and the next day they were waiting for him, so they must be the ones who sent the photos or messages, maybe they drugged the "friend" too , they stripped both of their clothes and set up the whole scene. (I still think it is better to remain in doubt, in case the dev wishes or has time to continue the story in the future)
Doesn't change the fact that she went with that guy upstairs with the plan of getting fucked. I know she didn't fuck but stopped after making out. That counts as something...right?

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
She probably didn't cheat on him, nor was she raped, surely it was a prank from the others since they didn't like the MC and the next day they were waiting for him, so they must be the ones who sent the photos or messages, maybe they drugged the "friend" too , they stripped both of their clothes and set up the whole scene. (I still think it is better to remain in doubt, in case the dev wishes or has time to continue the story in the future)
Players were led to believe that she cheated and then led to believe she might not have, and could even be a victim. Seems to me she was set up. That would go along with the 'expect the unexpected' theme, which the Dev laid out in the OP. To me, the mystery was what made it the basis of a good story.

I hope the Dev will someday finish his story. :)

Reactions: LordMerek

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Abandoned? I can't say I'm surprised.. What's the reason tho, dev gave up on the game because of all the hate it received with the whole cheating/rape thing or is there a more personal reason?
Either way its rather disappointing because this game had promise story wise,If you can look past the mess with Ava and accept the fact that she did not cheat on MC.

xinkala

Bonk
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020
Abandoned? I can't say I'm surprised.. What's the reason tho, dev gave up on the game because of all the hate it received with the whole cheating/rape thing or is there a more personal reason?
Either way its rather disappointing because this game had promise story wise,If you can look past the mess with Ava and accept the fact that she did not cheat on MC.

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes