Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
OK, I just started this game again....and I'm fucking confused.

For the love of.... ! I can't take it anymore. I absolutely love the character models. I love the story (All of the variations was pretty good), but please for the love of everything good about gaming, don't restart the story again or change the characters.

You grow attached to characters, but every time the game is restarted, the characters changes slightly. so I need to bond with the characters again. It's like the characters becomes blurry, and I'm not sure who is the true Lucy or Melanie anymore.

I will play this update again and try to see this characters as the final take on them, but I do not think I can take another adjustment of the characters with another restart. It's taking me out of the game. I'm starting to feel less sympathetic to them, they start to become more and more just pretty CGI images and less fully fledged characters that I care about.

Don't misunderstand me. I love the characters in the game, and every time I played the game, I fall in love with them again. But with every iteration, the story just becomes more distant, like groundhog day Deja-vu. The story is not worse, but because it's the same characters in slightly different take on a similar story, they start feeling less real.

Apologies for my rant, I just feel I had to get it of my chest. I feel that this game could be one of the best games on the site, but it needs to move forward instead of constantly changing. It's because it's so (potentially)good, that I'm making such a fuss.

In any case, enough said, my next post will be about content in the game and not the Dev decisions.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
So, guys. Here is the big one:

I just want to explain why I did what I did. If someone will understand, I'd be glad. If not, it's perfectly okay too. :)

I started False Hero because I wanted to create the game I'd like to play. Heavy corruption, dark vibes. This is what I liked at the moment. But right now I just don't want to play games like that anymore. That's why I removed it.

I removed it not because I wanted to change Melanie's personality, to please someone else's tastes etc. Just because I didn't like it anymore. I can't create things I don't like.

(Important to say that I don't like how sebastien blackmails melanie not the fetish in general)

In this regard the game was better, I must agree. I also liked the vibe it had. But I have to sacrifice it for the sake of all other events that I plan at school. And most importantly for Melanie/Tiffany and Melanie/Tiffany/Sebastien content, which is the most important thing for me. With blackmail all the things I have planned just didn't work. Good mom will never trust her daughter to a man who is blackmailing her. With blackmail we would never see any Melanie/Tiffany/Sebastien scenes. Only if it would be some crazy mind break of Melanie OR Sebastien would start to blackmail both of the girls. It would be too painful I think.

I agree about this too: "Now that Melanie is willingly participating from the beginning kills part of the thrill (for me"
The game became much simpler in terms of tension etc. Although, you need to notice that it became better in all other aspects. I definitely lose smth. from the previous versions. And it's inevitable when you're redoing something. But my opinion about dark content has changed. In my opinion, the previous content was too painful. I don't know how you feel about it, but as a creator it wasn't an enjoyment for me. Believe me, guys if I'd continue to do as dark as I wanted it to be, this story would be the saddest shit you're ever read. It was only the beginning. Metamorphosis by Shindol would be a child play in comparison to me.

Now to BigDaddyDom.
I'm not disappointed. I didn't like the blackmail of Sebastien. (He acted too much like a dick.) I decided to remove it. DO NOT WORRY! The main quality of my game is corruption and it will never go away. I just improved the pace of it. Corruption is not only about blackmail, rape or other stuff for me. If the girl is interested in you it doesn't immediately make her a slut, it doesn't mean that she can't be corrupted further. :)

Also most of the corruption content I planned for Melanie in school. Mel's house content is only a warm up. With Lucy there will be a huge corruption part in her actress career. For me right now it's not important when mc won the hearts of the girls. It is more important what he is going to do next.

I didn't like the boring, grindy, and slow start of both Lucy and Melanie's routes, so I changed that.

“Enyo, you've said that you would focus solely on new content many times already... Your game already has the least amount of lewd content of any that I've seen... ”

Yes. I overestimated my capabilities.

"What happened to Lois becoming a new patient? That was another hot idea you teased in the last version of the game. You keep coming up with these great original ideas, and then inexplicably change them."

Yes. I didn't like it either. I haven't been able to get her storyline into False Hero, so I decided to hide her for now.

P.S. Let's be honest, guys. The personality of Melanie or Lucy didn't change. I wrote these characters and I know how they react and what they will do. :) Melanie was always like that as well as Lucy. The only thing that changed are circumstances in which I put the characters in order to make a story faster. Twins and Tiffany didn't change for sure. All this discussion started because:

1) I dropped this update with a lot of changes out of nowhere. Didn't warn you about any changes, didn't prepare you for it, didn't share a difficult process that the game was undergoing. Reading all your comments, I understand that I made a big mistake by not sharing with you, guys, my complaints.

I was too sure that what I do is better and you will immediately feel it, despite all other great things that my previous versions had. But this is my job as a patreon developer not only to create a game but communicate with the community. And I did a poor job with that.

2) You liked the dark vibe, especially blackmail. I removed it. It's sad. I'm really sad too and also angry with myself that I can't be consistent. And sometimes I wonder. What the fuck?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Where are my balls now? But nothing I can do. I have changed.
OK After reading this, I feel better.

You have some awesome characters here. I agree with you regarding Sebastian's blackmail, was not keen on that either, but thought it would become like a Stockholm syndrome, where Melany would fall in love with her blackmailer...

I like your new approach, but please don't change the story again. I will hold you to your pinkie promise!

Love the game. Good luck!

Reactions: Enyo_ and prpa

genxmwe

Jan 19, 2020
in the beginning it was the number one game and i did follow it by hart thee true story was just amazing
but after the relies of the beta . it went down hill fast for me .. to bad he had the best game and story around
enyo is still a good guy and try to work hard on the game .. but to bad he lost me .. ill give him always the best reguarts and hope he will make a amazing end game .. keep it up you have been on the good way for a long time .. greetings from a ex fan kate  enyo twin.jpg

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
What I couldn't have foreseen was the dev reworking the entire game and taking out or changing many of the elements that appealed to me. Especially the complete revision of Melanie's character and her relationship with the MC is just depressing to me. I'm sure it can still be a good game for others, but it's not the same game I fell in love with anymore.
Exactly! I don't understand how Enyo doesn't get why massively changing certain elements of the game might annoy long time followers of the game...or maybe he just doesn't care

For the love of.... ! I can't take it anymore. I absolutely love the character models. I love the story (All of the variations was pretty good), but please for the love of everything good about gaming, don't restart the story again or change the characters.

You grow attached to characters, but every time the game is restarted, the characters changes slightly. so I need to bond with the characters again. It's like the characters becomes blurry, and I'm not sure who is the true Lucy or Melanie anymore.
This is exactly how I feel about it. The flip flopping is killing his own game and fan base

Reactions: fitgirlbestgirl

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I think people are being a little harsh.

I get how disappointing it can be to paying supporters if they've been sold on a game that is now substantially different.

But Enyo has given their reasons and to me they seem valid. Speculation about pressure from outside to change the game is baseless.

Ask yourself, would you rather have the changed game that follows the developer's interests and desires or the original game made by someone who doesn't enjoy their creation?

I have not had a chance to play the new version. I hope to get to it this weekend. I like a variety of styles in game play, from loving and sweet to high levels of manipulation and non-consensual activity. Could be I'll still enjoy it in the new form. If it's no longer for me I'll move on.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
My last post on this.

To Enyo Eerie. Your game is great! I still love your game. Don't be discouraged!
I like your new take on the characters and would like to see the story moving forward.

My comments was just my reflections on restarting the same game multiple times with adjusted stories lines.
It think most criticisms on here are basically that around frustrations.

I think you did the right step in writing the game you wanted to write instead of plodding along on your initial vision you that you were not enthusiastic about anymore.

I wish you good luck and good speed! Can not wait for the next update!

Reactions: Enyo_ and prpa

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Ask yourself, would you rather have the changed game that follows the developer's interests and desires or the original game made by someone who doesn't enjoy their creation?
Most people would choose the latter if that's what makes the game to your liking. Obviously you can say I want to change the direction of my game, but then you shouldn't be too surprised about disgruntled people that don't like the game and support you anymore. Other than that and since this is a forum, one time criticism is entirely fair because communication is one of the key points of a forum.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Sabɘ

Jul 16, 2020
Most people would choose the latter if that's what makes the game to your liking. Obviously you can say I want to change the direction of my game, but then you shouldn't be too surprised about disgruntled people that don't like the game and support you anymore. Other than that and since this is a forum, one time criticism is entirely fair because communication is one of the key points of a forum.
Yeah, and then complain about how those games are bad and have no depth.

Reactions: prpa

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
So in the end it doesn't matter what they get because they'll complain either way, but the chances are less likely if they'd get what they want.

• Angry
Reactions: Sabɘ

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
It is fair for people to comment on what they don't like. I was more referring to those who suggested the developer was caving to feminist demands or assuming the game would be endlessly changed again and again in the future. The first claim is fairly ridiculous. The second is speculation that might be reasonable given the (claimed, I was not here for it) past history of the game development, if not for the fact that Enyo gave a very reasonable explanation for this change.

• Angry
Reactions: Enyo_ and Ive-11

Sabɘ

Jul 16, 2020
So in the end it doesn't matter what they get because they'll complain either way, but the chances are less likely if they'd get what they want.
So you have to make a game based on what people (half of them who don't even support you) think. Nice logic.

Enyo_

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2018
Thanks for the reply Enyo Eerie ,
I take your point about the sharing tiff with Sébastien being tough if she is being blackmailed, I believe it could still be done somehow but if thats not what you wanted to do then ok I get it.
Also I understand if the way you wrote it before isn't what you want to make anymore, like I said, your the creator so you make the final calls, I'm still just going to express my opinion and maybe be let down, but I respect your work. I'm glad you take the time to interact with us here and on your discord, it shows maturity and a willingness to defend your choices or maybe improve your work with good feedback. Thanks again for making this game ❤

P.s. this ultra dark enyo game doesn't sound too bad (suicide shown for bad endings or wrong choices?). If your tastes ever change back in all in for that game
Yeah, it would be a bad ending for Tiffany's route.

Reactions: ohhaiguize

Enyo_

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2018
That is what Enyo originally promised, but who knows now :rolleyes:

Agree, she seems to be the least interesting character to most (at least on this board), yet Enyo has spent the most time recently on her

Exactly what I think happened! I've seen a few of those people, they are the same ones encouraging Enyo to SLOW DOWN :cautious: If those people wanted the game to be completely different than what it as, then they should play a different game...can't believe Enyo actually listened to them, really dumb in my opinion. You do what was working and made your game liked.

You said this right on, how can you completely overhaul your game every few months and not expect people to get annoyed after they've been invested in it. Especially after the dev specifically says he won't change certain things. Sounds bipolar to me
So its the game always going for a complete makeover every time the developer have a change in heart? This already happen a few times already.
I am all for developer doing what he/she likes but not if the developer have a change of taste every 2-3 version and remake the entire game and theme again. I was under the impression that the developer just want to improve the game for all the revamps. But seem like the explanation given for all the is remakes "I don't like this anymore... i like that now".
So in another 2-3 version, we can expect another new remake?
I rem giving an excellent review to this game when it first came out 2 years ago. Think age is really catching up with me =(
Characters personality roulette remake ,characters suddenly gone .Next remake maybe back again. Nothing seem to be moving forward.
The game is like getting stuck in a bad groundhog day loop.
I think I have the best patrons on earth. They support me unconditionally. These dudes literally don't ask anything :LOL: I ask feedback of everyone, but only 1 of 20-30 patrons answers me back. And most of the time - “do your thing as you think best. “

Just to clarify: I didn't plan to change the personality of my characters.

Enyo_

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2018

I will play this update again and try to see this characters as the final take on them, but I do not think I can take another adjustment of the characters with another restart. It's taking me out of the game. I'm starting to feel less sympathetic to them, they start to become more and more just pretty CGI images and less fully fledged characters that I care about.

Don't misunderstand me. I love the characters in the game, and every time I played the game, I fall in love with them again. But with every iteration, the story just becomes more distant, like groundhog day Deja-vu. The story is not worse, but because it's the same characters in slightly different take on a similar story, they start feeling less real.

Apologies for my rant, I just feel I had to get it of my chest. I feel that this game could be one of the best games on the site, but it needs to move forward instead of constantly changing. It's because it's so (potentially)good, that I'm making such a fuss.

In any case, enough said, my next post will be about content in the game and not the Dev decisions.
I see, man. No changes, just new content will be waiting ahead.

3.60 star(s) 131 Votes