JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Does anyone else have the same issue that I'm having with the PC version...it simply will not start? There are 2 files to start, one labelled Family_Affair and the other Family_Affair-32...neither will run...and no, it has nothing to do with being asked if I want to run the game as it comes from an unauthorized publisher (as I have many games that ask me that question and they all run fine)
Try running as an administrator
It's running fine for me without adm

screenshot0001.png

Jun 1, 2017

But as I said before, these are most likely false positives.
Yes you are right and for info the games run after i delete the file from Lib folder i keep only python and win 64 (false alert was from file wini686, i run Win 64 and probably this was the cause) And the game work fine without admin privilege.

M1cha31

Dec 26, 2017
Why can't I open any games like this one with 2 .exe files. opens then closes instantly, tried running as admin and same results nothing

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Why can't I open any games like this one with 2 .exe files. opens then closes instantly, tried running as admin and same results nothing
Maybe your Antivirus is blocking it. Try what the post above yours did.

Jun 1, 2017
I think you dont clik to the right exe try to clik on the Family_Affair.exe . And check if you unziped the whole archive ( if you run WIn 64 can delete the file from lib folder and keep only python2.7 and windows-x86_64, i dont know for another system operation)

M1cha31

Dec 26, 2017
I think you dont clik to the right exe try to clik on the Family_Affair.exe . And check if you unziped the whole archive ( if you run WIn 64 can delete the file from lib folder and keep only python2.7 and windows-x86_64, i dont know for another system operation)
I did that game opens only white screen and then closes

Jun 1, 2017
i have avast and it says there is no problem in the file
Not this, i dont know about AVAST but ned to check something like exception and add the exe to exception. Sorry i cant help more but probably is not from AV or is it i dont know sorry.

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
Great renders and that's about it I'm afraid. Great if you want a quick fap but that's as far as this goes. Story is to rushed and with the choice system as it is you may as well have published this as kinetic novel. Needs way more choices. The only thing I truly enjoyed was the trans content.
Wish you all the best for the future dev.

Last edited:

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
I have tried running as an administrator using both options (the -32 and the non -32 file) and I have downloaded from MEGA and NOPY and still nothing...the old version I have, 0.7 works fine...it's very odd
see if your anti virus is blocking the .exe sometimes the Renpy 4.0 can trigger a false virus

treborbc

Aug 15, 2020
Try running as an administrator
I've solved the issue, though it's a wierd one.

When I unzipped it using the windows extract command, the programme didn't run, as previously explained, however, I decided to use 9Zip and, well, it worked, so I have a working new version...maybe put a note on the changelog that some people may experience this problem if they use the standard windows extract function.

3.50 star(s) 111 Votes