Salami Pasta

Apr 4, 2020

Alright so I'm at my "inept-computer-skills" wits end.

I'm trying to get the hash and I've been surfing for answers and have tried Microsoft's PowerShell and cmd to get the hashes, and this works fine for the zip file, but I can't for the life of me get the extracted folder to be recognized by either, they simply say the path for the folder doesn't exist and I can't seem to find any help as to why this is happening.

At this point it's just stubbornness that is driving me, so please, would you be so kind as to help an idiot out?
I'm using hashing stuff that installs together with 7zip.
1610615837779.png

PocketSand

Jan 11, 2018
I'm using hashing stuff that installs together with 7zip.
View attachment 985018
Well hey turns out my files WERE corrupted, my suspicion lies with me using an old version of 7zip, as when I downloaded a fresh install of it, that fixed all problems with instant crashes, this has only helped marginally as now it crashes with the good ol' "X has stopped responding" prompt from windows a second later than before...

So, I wanna thank you for your help - I think I'm gonna through in the towel on this one.

Salami Pasta

Apr 4, 2020
Well hey turns out my files WERE corrupted, my suspicion lies with me using an old version of 7zip, as when I downloaded a fresh install of it, that fixed all problems with instant crashes, this has only helped marginally as now it crashes with the good ol' "X has stopped responding" prompt from windows a second later than before...

So, I wanna thank you for your help - I think I'm gonna through in the towel on this one.
Try launching with Family_Affair-32.exe

PocketSand

Jan 11, 2018
See if any errors in log.txt, or launch the game through console, see if any errors printed.
Not sure what else to try, I myself have not encountered the issue, so I'm guessing here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No difference in the logs, and launching through console brought no change unfortunately. But thanks again for trying!

Edit: Well now that I look closer, some of the GL lines are in different orders, but this shouldn't affect the ability for the game to launch, or?..

Salami Pasta

Apr 4, 2020
No difference in the logs, and launching through console brought no change unfortunately. But thanks again for trying!
Update graphics driver. Update windows. Add antivirus exception for the folder. Try in windows safe mode (won't help). I mean, something has to work.

Last edited:

satanete

Nov 24, 2017
Sorry, a noob here; I have two questions:
  1. Should I assume that incest patch and love patch are the same?
  2. What does the GUI mod do? It seems as a "choose the right answer" mod, but I can't really see any differences in the screenshots uploaded...

Drainer002

Jul 23, 2020
  2. What does the GUI mod do? It seems as a "choose the right answer" mod, but I can't really see any differences in the screenshots uploaded...
1) there both same thing.
2) more transparant text box, so you have better view (and slichtly other coller on text if im not mistaken)

Salami Pasta

Apr 4, 2020
1. Yes.
2. It changes textbox/choice option's font and background graphics, name draw style. See the third screen in the mod post - on the left is the default renpy interface, on the right - the modded one. 1610622092530.png

Reactions: Drainer002

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Why this game has 'NTR' tag now? I thougt the game didn't have NTR and developer doesn't like it either. Why he added NTR? Another good game ruined it seems

PocketSand

Jan 11, 2018
So, back from trying out Salami's suggestions, and after a massive windows update I apparently had in store, nothing has changed. It's really perplexing to me that the game can run fine for some members, yet still have so many different reports of problems. Oh well, spilled milk and all that, at least I got that huge update out of the way in the process of troubleshooting.

• Sad
Reactions: Salami Pasta
3.50 star(s) 111 Votes
!-- Place this before closing the element (if you have multiple ads, place it only once). -->