Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
Yes, don't play it. The whole premise of the game is laid out in the OP, along with the tags for the game. If after reading all that, you think it's not your cup of tea, then don't play it. :)
Yeah that is why I am asking, cause sometimes you have this stuff in games but it is avoidable ... if in this game it is not the case I won´t play it.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Yeah that is why I am asking, cause sometimes you have this stuff in games but it is avoidable ... if in this game it is not the case I won´t play it.
Usually, if it can be avoided it'll say in the tags or the description (I say usually because some devs forget to mention if it is or not, so I understand you asking.)

Reactions: B-52reloaded

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You can avoid stuff in games with choices, there are no choices.

It's a kinetic novel not an interactive VN.

The whole premise of thise is the humiliation and ntr, that's the whole point to it. If you avoided it you'd get the start screen and that's it.

You can't avoid any of it.

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
In our dialog with Patreon, the phrase "it was reported" was explicitly used, so I'm assuming someone peached on us. I very much doubt Patreon people go through and play every game/read every story posted there.
Well Rich, I am very sorry this happened. This pathetic behavior sets a horrible precedent. I sure wish the yellow bellied coward that reported it would make themself known.

Reactions: Adolfo

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well Rich, I am very sorry this happened. This pathetic behavior sets a horrible precedent. I sure wish the yellow bellied coward that reported it would make themself known.
Probably won't be anyone from here, there are some scummy bastards that browse games looking for content to report.

Those "why won't you think of the children" types.

Reactions: DonkeyFace

gwind0081

Sep 5, 2019
Is there an updated release date for the new version? If Patreon keeps putting up a wall may be worth releasing the next version here in the meantime. Also sorry this happend - still cant believe it :(

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Probably won't be anyone from here, there are some scummy bastards that browse games looking for content to report.

Those "why won't you think of the children" types.
You could very well be right. I have also seen a few Patreon trolls who really take NTR personal and seek to abolish it at all costs. They religiously patrol patreon seeking out games that contain it and relentlessly insult those developers and players of such games. And this game certainly contains the ammo they needed to get the attention of the powers that be. So that is another possible scenario.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Rich, what is going to be the next release date then?
Honestly, not sure right now. The whole Patreon thing is obviously a distraction, but I've been battling some serious family issues over the last 3-4 weeks which have seriously cut into the amount of time I can spend on producing renders. I'm trying to keep things moving forward even so (as I can) but if I gave you any firm date right now I'd be lying through my teeth. Just have to ask for everybody's patience and understanding.

Cgt35

Dec 13, 2018
Honestly, not sure right now. The whole Patreon thing is obviously a distraction, but I've been battling some serious family issues over the last 3-4 weeks which have seriously cut into the amount of time I can spend on producing renders. I'm trying to keep things moving forward even so (as I can) but if I gave you any firm date right now I'd be lying through my teeth. Just have to ask for everybody's patience and understanding.
Honestly, family issues is nature of the life. Try to go some short travels , like 2 day long.
Dont worry for virtual life. Try to fix properly. See you man.

Reactions: Kire4th

gwind0081

Sep 5, 2019
Your good man, personal stuff always comes first. Just keep us updated :)

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
How long does it take to do the review & reach some sort of decision? It's been a while & not even a "holding note" from Patreon.
I was going to swear, as a safety valve, but that would just lower the tone. (Sorry, I used to work for an emergency service where there wasn't any time to prat around for weeks like Patreon appear to be doing).

Reactions: rKnight
3.90 star(s) 66 Votes