Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
John And Rich

Unlocked

We know you've all been patiently waiting for Chapter 5. This one has taken a bit longer than usual, both because it has somewhat content than our previous chapters, but also because Rich (who does all the renders and programming) has been battling some family issues.
At this point, the renders for all the major scenes are done, leaving just a few "connect the scenes together" renders and the "put it all into Ren'py" to be completed. Right now we believe we're on target to release Chapter 5 to our Mega-Fans and Benefactors by the end of the month.
Again, we thank you for your patience, and also for your ongoing support.

cerebotio2

Nov 20, 2018
John And Rich

Unlocked

We know you've all been patiently waiting for Chapter 5. This one has taken a bit longer than usual, both because it has somewhat content than our previous chapters, but also because Rich (who does all the renders and programming) has been battling some family issues.
At this point, the renders for all the major scenes are done, leaving just a few "connect the scenes together" renders and the "put it all into Ren'py" to be completed. Right now we believe we're on target to release Chapter 5 to our Mega-Fans and Benefactors by the end of the month.

It's something.

Cgt35

Dec 13, 2018
John And Rich

Unlocked

Alll righty, maybe this weekend?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Alll righty, maybe this weekend?
No, "end of the month" is going to be pretty close to "end of the month." I'm down to some "connect the scenes together" renders to build (waiting for Daz Studio to load as I type this), plus rendering the rest of the animations, but you know how long it can take to render animations. Then package it all up in Ren'py. Doubt I'll have it done by Sunday, but REALLY hoping to have it done before Halloween. Going to be tight, but I know I've been trying a lot of people's patience, so pushing hard...

Many would like to know if we can expect an update this year. It was to have been August, then September. Patreon's intervention led to some delay & we all know how real life intrudes into the best laid plans but now, who knows...? Even the odd spoiler would be nice.
Full disclosure - my wife was hospitalized in mid-August, and I still don't have her home at this point. So between work, keeping up with her and playing "primary caregiver" for my 83-year-old mother and 90-year-old mother-in-law, I don't have near as much time as I'd like to work on this. That's the primary reason for the August-then-September-then-October slippage. (August was probably too aggressive from the get-go, but that's what I get for SWAG'ing a date...) The Patreon stuff didn't help, of course, but it's primarily been down to the fact that I like to sleep at least a few hours a week. :D So (a) this is totally on me, not JohnCBB, (b) we haven't abandoned this in any way, and (c) we thank everybody for their patience, and also for their continued interest. (If nobody was asking "when's the update," we'd wonder if we really had any fans... LOL)

SweatPicle

May 6, 2017
No, "end of the month" is going to be pretty close to "end of the month." I'm down to some "connect the scenes together" renders to build (waiting for Daz Studio to load as I type this), plus rendering the rest of the animations, but you know how long it can take to render animations. Then package it all up in Ren'py. Doubt I'll have it done by Sunday, but REALLY hoping to have it done before Halloween. Going to be tight, but I know I've been trying a lot of people's patience, so pushing hard...

Full disclosure - my wife was hospitalized in mid-August, and I still don't have her home at this point. So between work, keeping up with her and playing "primary caregiver" for my 83-year-old mother and 90-year-old mother-in-law, I don't have near as much time as I'd like to work on this. That's the primary reason for the August-then-September-then-October slippage. (August was probably too aggressive from the get-go, but that's what I get for SWAG'ing a date...) The Patreon stuff didn't help, of course, but it's primarily been down to the fact that I like to sleep at least a few hours a week. :D So (a) this is totally on me, not JohnCBB, (b) we haven't abandoned this in any way, and (c) we thank everybody for their patience, and also for their continued interest. (If nobody was asking "when's the update," we'd wonder if we really had any fans... LOL)

is there any NTR scene's planned for the girlfriend of the mc in the future or so?

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
End of the month
It has been released (31/10), for benefactors & mega-fans, i.e. $10 & $20 patreon subscribers. Now we wait, for as long as it might take for it to appear on this pirate site & it could be days, or weeks, or months etc. Some may decide to join the $10 or $20 supporters. (I'm at just $1 at present.....yeah, I know but times have been tight). At least we know it's ongoing.

Reactions: rKnight and fbass

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
How do you Copy the "ffands_patch.rpa" file?
As the README.txt file inside the zip file indicates, you simply take the "ffands_patch.rpa" file and put it into the "game" directory of the game. That's all you need to do.

Can you give a link to the un-default version?
I haven't yet re-built the game distribution with the patch included in it for posting here. I didn't expect the game to show up here as quickly as it did. (I normally give our $10 and $20 patrons a number of days as the "only recipients" before opening it up to other people - was surprised to see the links get here that quickly.)

Reactions: sebastian77

sebastian77

Jun 11, 2018
As the README.txt file inside the zip file indicates, you simply take the "ffands_patch.rpa" file and put it into the "game" directory of the game. That's all you need to do.

I haven't yet re-built the game distribution with the patch included in it for posting here. I didn't expect the game to show up here as quickly as it did. (I normally give our $10 and $20 patrons a number of days as the "only recipients" before opening it up to other people - was surprised to see the links get here that quickly.)
Thank you for your responses

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes