NightTrain

May 27, 2017
So I took a the tags in the original and it had "animated". Since I didn't see on this version's tags I was wondering if it's still there or was that changed.
I guess it depends on what is meant by the 'animated' tag. In my opinion animation implies adding motion effects to hand-drawn or computer-generated images, something like a cartoon vs. a comic. Adding motion effects to a picture, on the other hand, gives rise to a moving picture (aka, a movie) or a video. But maybe it's just me who's never heard the word animation applied as a substitute for movie.

Anyway, the game does contain video clips. Lots of them. But no animated computer graphics.

Reactions: NekoRush

kinghell

Jul 24, 2017
Amazingly done in Renpy. I would really appreciate changing other QSP games to Renpy too. Very enjoyable!! Thank you!!

Reactions: krkarr

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Amazingly done in Renpy. I would really appreciate changing other QSP games to Renpy too. Very enjoyable!! Thank you!!
I tried working on "Son of a Bitch" a while back, and may give that another go once I've worked out the remaining bugs in Family Life. But it'll take at least 6 months to get something out, so don't hold your breath. I'll only work on games that are completed or obviously abandoned, because it's really difficult to update a remake with each update to the original game, and feels like a bit of a snub to the developer. That said, I'm also playing around with Favorite Teacher, because the game seems to have potential but I can't figure out how to get anywhere.

trashhumper

Aug 6, 2016
Does anyone know how to unlock all the additional spy/camera video content? I assume this refers to the spycams that are all around the house. I remember the spectrev1per mod added a bunch of video content pertaining to these cameras, but even back when I played the QSP version, I never saw the content in-game. I just know it exists because it was in the folders. Looking through the story threads, I don't see any events that reference this content. They just point to the existing story-related ones in the base game, which are mostly still images. Do I just need to keep progressing the storylines before this stuff appears?

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Does anyone know how to unlock all the additional spy/camera video content? I assume this refers to the spycams that are all around the house. I remember the spectrev1per mod added a bunch of video content pertaining to these cameras, but even back when I played the QSP version, I never saw the content in-game. I just know it exists because it was in the folders. Looking through the story threads, I don't see any events that reference this content. They just point to the existing story-related ones in the base game, which are mostly still images. Do I just need to keep progressing the storylines before this stuff appears?
I'm currently working on converting the spectre1viper spy cam content into threads so you'll be able to see them on the thread board. But they're still part of the game - just watch the cameras from the office. You can start seeing the Gina ones after completing the ginaSeduce thread, the Foxy ones after completing foxyWakeup event 5, and the Angelica ones after completing the first event in the nannyPhoto thread (at night with the dildo, I think). They'll pop up randomly with 36% chance, between 10:00 and 23:00, and you can only see one video per girl per day.

trashhumper

Aug 6, 2016
I'm currently working on converting the spectre1viper spy cam content into threads so you'll be able to see them on the thread board. But they're still part of the game - just watch the cameras from the office. You can start seeing the Gina ones after completing the ginaSeduce thread, the Foxy ones after completing foxyWakeup event 5, and the Angelica ones after completing the first event in the nannyPhoto thread (at night with the dildo, I think). They'll pop up randomly with 36% chance, between 10:00 and 23:00, and you can only see one video per girl per day.
Thanks! Looking back, I never even got close to completing a lot of stuff in the QSP version. I would just randomly click things and repeat dead end actions hoping to progress. The new thread board and event tracking are super useful.

Sazhm

Apr 29, 2018
NightTrain
If you're planning on adjusting hints, another one that could do with clarification is foxyMassage2 7, where instead of talking to Foxy you actually have to talk to Laura.

Reactions: NightTrain

Johny Alfa

Oct 7, 2017
I just found and started to play a few hours yesterday, so here is my initial feedbacks.: 1) Some animations has voice, it's nice but voice / total silence changes is a bit awkward some music/ambient sound for the rest of the game would be nice. 2) Portraits are changing randomly, it take a while to get used to who is who, it would be helpful and would create a better first experience if portrait pictures would be named/labelled and wouldn't change randomly but they were fix based on time/relationship/location whatever. 3) Thread would be even better if it would contain some legend. 4) I find very lost regarding how to make money and do jobs as for several days you can't; some better guidance hints around it would be great.

//5) I managed to raise relationship with Laura quite early with cheat money and gifts, so cheat and swinging got blocked for me. :( It would be awesome if with positive relationship we could convince to spice up marriage with swinging/different swinging path, or just instigate fights/arguments to reduce relationship on purpose to reopen path. Or just like strength and hygiene relationship would naturally decrease, so if you neglect her for long time she start looking for attention somewhere else again... 6) Further content suggestion, if you have money you could hire staff gardener/chauffeur/maid/chef //

kare

Aug 5, 2016
I remember what a fucking mess the original QSP code was. You did an amazing job converting it.
And the green-highlight hint system is some kind of ren'py magic, I've never seen before.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Can I request some interface changes. I'm using joiplay to play on android and overall it works fantastic. However, the buttons are very small and hard to click on mobile.

Please make the cheat button larger and move it to I would say the bottom left? But please at least triple its size. Make the clickable dialogue options larger, I would prefer the generic renpy center of screen ones but if you must keep them on the side at least make them at least double the size.

Please bring the locate button outside of the cheat menu, and make the save button visible as well. I think they should all go on the bottom left.

Would be great thanks.
I made the changes that I talked about here.

Larger text, buttons, etc. If anyone else is on Android and wants to have an easier time with the UI here's the files.

Baka_Energy_studios

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Played some good hrs and haven't ran into bugs til now. That game feels way smoother than its qsp origin.
If i may make a suggestion for the UI: the always changing portrait images can be a bit confusing at times.
And the "locate" button would work better as a button on its own bc i use it a damn lot lol.
Sidenote: Damn shame that anjelica boyd only did h-scenes with her "boyfriend" back in the day and a handful of lesbian scenes.
The only other BG scene i know of is when Rocco got to bang her. (Probably paid a lot for it that lucky bastard:)
If she had some more variety, the original dev could have made her one of the daughters ... that would have been the cherry on top with cream and chocolate sprinkles.

georgetakei

May 8, 2017
Yeah, that version definitely shows how insane the original was. Visually. Well done to the dev, also he's well aware how bad the original was with the pacing and the "story" forking. I honestly dont understand why would anyone waste their time to translate the game into a more playable thing, but i guess people who aren't traumatized by playing the original could appreciate this.

On a unrelated note: how fo you get the "johnyLola" event?

MrBlobby2

Jan 7, 2018
Downloaded all of this and made a start tonight. Wow, this one big game. Well done at coding it all and... well... just everything... it looks immense.
I've been fumbling around a bit and using the cheat to show me where I need to be and at what times, otherwise I'd never see them.
A quick question though. I can only eat twice in the kitchen giving me 60 food energy, which I use up by early evening and then can't do any more. I can eat in the cafe for $100, but is this by design? i.e. no way I can eat more at home each day? $100 a day for food seems a lot :)

Deleted member 173891

Aug 21, 2017
I tried working on "Son of a Bitch" a while back, and may give that another go once I've worked out the remaining bugs in Family Life. But it'll take at least 6 months to get something out, so don't hold your breath. I'll only work on games that are completed or obviously abandoned, because it's really difficult to update a remake with each update to the original game, and feels like a bit of a snub to the developer. That said, I'm also playing around with Favorite Teacher, because the game seems to have potential but I can't figure out how to get anywhere.
also..
https://f95zone.to/threads/family-problems-ep-1-3-cleep-ci.640/
and
https://f95zone.to/threads/mothers-best-friend-v0-15-mbf-games.803/ ;)

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes