TrentJones

Sep 9, 2018
Error on Foxy route with the 1.1 patch:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/event1/Foxy/Model/0/20.jpg'>:
  File "game/sexFoxy.rpy", line 823, in script
    "– Hi daddy! Will you take some pictures of me again? Please! Just a couple more!\n– Hi Foxy! Do you really want to try yourself in the role of a model so bad? Don’t you get bored yet?"
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 114, in _window_auto_callback
    _window_show(auto=True)
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 69, in _window_show
    renpy.with_statement(trans)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/event1/Foxy/Model/0/20.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/sexFoxy.rpy", line 823, in script
    "– Hi daddy! Will you take some pictures of me again? Please! Just a couple more!\n– Hi Foxy! Do you really want to try yourself in the role of a model so bad? Don’t you get bored yet?"
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 685, in execute
    statement_name("say")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 46, in statement_name
    i(name)
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 114, in _window_auto_callback
    _window_show(auto=True)
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 69, in _window_show
    renpy.with_statement(trans)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1637, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2546, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3007, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3517, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2377, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 751, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 367, in render
    bottom = render(self.old_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 927, in render
    return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 116, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 607, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 271, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 651, in load
    filelike = renpy.loader.load(self.filename)
  File "renpy/loader.py", line 798, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/event1/Foxy/Model/0/20.jpg'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292
Family Life 0.1
Thu Mar 25 11:49:58 2021
Having the exact same issue and i cant progress any further with that path even though i have all the event files, a little bit of a waste of time.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
is there a way to increase rel with cheats? i'm not finding it if there is
Yes, there is, but I guess I was being a bit of a dick when I implemented that. You can only cheat rel once you've raised it over 800 through grinding. In the next update I'll probably drop that threshold, but be aware that the story gets pretty weak and events can trigger in nonsensical order if you increase the relationship too quickly, particularly early on in the game. For example, if you raise your relationship with the Nanny to over 2000 you can ask her to have sex with you pretty much at any time, which makes the slow seduction threads seem very out-of-place (you're having sex with her one minute and the next she's slapping you in the face because you looked at her tits).

So, I'm trying to find a balance here. Ultimately, it should be the player who decides what's right for them, not me. But I do need to figure out how to warn the player that increasing the relationships too quickly will cause problems.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: septacycell

indria

Mar 5, 2017
Thnx for the conversion mate.

Here is a torrent file if anyone wants to try the current version of game. File has base and all event packs. I checked for viruses and whatnot but still just incase be aware.

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
This is amazing. I am in tears. And thank you for putting the guide in the game. I can finally have progress xD

Reactions: NightTrain

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Maybe I'll finally be able to finish all the content properly. The original game is incredibly hard to work out and the walkthroughs fail to cover everything (it's even said that the author had no idea how to complete one of the paths as they'd never done it personally).
I can believe what you said about the original author being unable to complete one of the paths. I did find some that were nearly impossible to trigger, and one that required a full restart of the game, and then not speaking to your wife for 92 days, and then doing some other things. Even in my remake, the only way to get into that path (as part of a single play-through) is to manually enable the path from the cheat menu.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
heh i dont mind contributing in that way but i usually wait for some "right moment" before starting a game large on content . so i am afraid will not be of immediate assistance
do u plan any other conversions... id suggest family problems . failed to have any good experience with it caz of either bugs or lack of tips [along with content blocking when making a wrong choice] (3rd part was more or less playable thoguh)...
Fair enough. Just watch this thread until the number of bug reports starts to drop off, and then apply the patch I'll post.

Currently no plans to do any more conversions. Ever again! I started this conversion in mid-December and have been working on it almost exclusively since then. I'd like to actually play some different games myself now!

Reactions: WillNotWork

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Will this only be a conversion of the QSP version or there will be continuation for the stories? I remember playing the QSP and it had lot of unfinished characters story and path
It's a conversion of the QSP version with all the spectre1viper content added. I find there's enough content for each of the girls, and enough different paths, that I'm pretty satisfied with things as they stand. But, the game doesn't have a real ending either - you just run out of content. More content could be added, but I'm not sure how I would 'end' things.

That said, I'm just a programmer. I'd be happy to work with a story-teller to add more content, but that is not something I could do myself.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Please start a gitgud.io so people can contribute.
Good idea! And I've absolutely no idea how to do that! Once I get the first round of bugs fixed myself I'll try to figure it out. I'm assuming I'll only need to post the .rpy script files on gitgud. Does that make sense?

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Clearly not though, the dev in this thread said he couldn't find all the events when he played. OH wait you are the dev, is the help/cheat system now better than what it was when you played?
I'm the dev of the remake. I think the comment you're referring to was made by the dev of the original QSP game, which was a nightmare to try to figure out how to make progress.

With this cheat system you can easily find everything (just keep on clicking on everything that's green). There are a few cases where the highlighting doesn't work, the thread board explains what you need to do, and where you need to go, to trigger the next event. And, if that doesn't work either, just post something here. Easy! Except it'll still take a long time to see everything.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Good idea! And I've absolutely no idea how to do that! Once I get the first round of bugs fixed myself I'll try to figure it out. I'm assuming I'll only need to post the .rpy script files on gitgud. Does that make sense?
Yep sounds good.

I'm the dev of the remake. I think the comment you're referring to was made by the dev of the original QSP game, which was a nightmare to try to figure out how to make progress.

With this cheat system you can easily find everything (just keep on clicking on everything that's green). There are a few cases where the highlighting doesn't work, the thread board explains what you need to do, and where you need to go, to trigger the next event. And, if that doesn't work either, just post something here. Easy! Except it'll still take a long time to see everything.
Thanks!

Reactions: NightTrain

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Thnx for the conversion mate.

Here is a torrent file if anyone wants to try the current version of game. File has base and all event packs. I checked for viruses and whatnot but still just incase be aware.
Thanks! I've added it to the OP.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
This is a very good old game.
Yes, it was one of my favorites, despite never being able to get very far with it. I did the conversion just because I wanted to see how things turned out, and wasn't keen on having to stop every few minutes to dig through the QSP code. I hope others can enjoy it now that I've managed to play the game!

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Is there a possibilty to use the console to farm the relationship points? Damn Russian Grind
Yes. The cheat system allows you to increase the relationship points, but is only available once you've done enough grinding to get them to 800.

If you're really impatient, you can use the console, something like Laura.rel += 50 (or Foxy,Gina,Nanny,Caprice,etc). But this is a really bad idea because it will screw up the order of events in the game, particularly early on, and you may end up missing some content. If you're going to do this, I recommend only increasing the relationship a little at a time (no more than by 100). And the grind drops of a lot after the first couple of weeks of game play.

MatuSL

Jun 18, 2017
i Stuck in GinaSeduce3

in Foxy route complete Play and Kitchen, nothing more happens

Ravencdf96

Aug 9, 2020
Thanks! I'm just waiting for somebody else to try playing it, because I've already spent hundreds of hours playing the game over the last two months and I'm getting a little tired of it now.

The game is already massive, so I doubt I'll add any more content. That, and I'm a software developer, not a story-teller, so any content I add will be really shitty. However, with the way I've implemented the event system it's really easy to add new events and story lines, and I'd be happy to work with anyone who wants to add more content.
Thanks! I'm just waiting for somebody else to try playing it, because I've already spent hundreds of hours playing the game over the last two months and I'm getting a little tired of it now.

The game is already massive, so I doubt I'll add any more content. That, and I'm a software developer, not a story-teller, so any content I add will be really shitty. However, with the way I've implemented the event system it's really easy to add new events and story lines, and I'd be happy to work with anyone who wants to add more content.
stuck at seduce3 with gina could you help figure out why?
i attached the save

trumafioso

Aug 12, 2017
Running into the following error when attempt to take photos of Foxy following the decision to take her photos myself. Hope it'll help with your fixes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Thanks for your quick reply. I have her over 600 and ive tried both the bottom options multiple times, and it doesnt seem to progress. Here is my save.

I'm also getting errors with Foxys model thread. All the events spit out errors like this:

I have all the extra packs downloaded and in the game folder. I even rpa extracted the pack to see if i could put the folder of images its looking for somewhere and theres no folder called model in the pack.
Thanks for reporting the bugs, and for posting the save! I've found and fixed both problems, and will post a patch in a couple of hours, once I fix the rest of the bugs reported here.

4.00 star(s) 20 Votes