he_found_you

Jun 11, 2017
I can't trigger Foxy events in 0.1.2 either
Took me over 4hrs to complete it even with cheats and managed to see all
If there is future events I would download it again.

Reactions: NightTrain

madhatter11

Jul 7, 2017
Oh glad to see this game has been bought back to life! it had a lot of potential but I never got too far into as it was abandonded before I had a chance. Well done!

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
thx for the help
Thanks for sending the save. It turns out the bug is with the cheat system, not the game. To enable the foxyMassage thread (and all the other Foxy threads depend on you at least starting that thread) you have to first give her some massage oil. Then you can visit her in her room at 20:00 for the first event in the thread.

The problem is that the cheat system isn't showing in green that you need to give her the oil, so you'd never know you were supposed to to this. I'll try to figure out how to improve this so other players don't get stuck as well, so thanks for bringing this to my attention.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Any chance on compressing the event packs so they aren't 800% of the base game?
Compdessed version please
This is the compressed version! The original game was almost 20GB.

Most of the size is in the last two event packs. These event packs contain mostly video clips. I'd recommend not downloading those packs and playing just the rest of the game instead. Once you complete all the threads in
event packs 0 and 1, you can decide if you want to continue the game and download the last two packs then (and maybe somebody will have compressed them by then).

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
To start the foxyKitchen thread you have to go to Foxy's bedroom at 6am, which means you have to go to bed early the night before so you'll wake up on time (in your case, sleep in the guestroom at 23:00). It works for me with your save. Let me know if you're still having trouble.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Can I request some interface changes. I'm using joiplay to play on android and overall it works fantastic. However, the buttons are very small and hard to click on mobile.

Please make the cheat button larger and move it to I would say the bottom left? But please at least triple its size. Make the clickable dialogue options larger, I would prefer the generic renpy center of screen ones but if you must keep them on the side at least make them at least double the size.

Please bring the locate button outside of the cheat menu, and make the save button visible as well. I think they should all go on the bottom left.

Would be great thanks.
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have a mobile device to test things on, and was pretty sure the UI for the desktop version would not be any good for a mobile device. But, without a mobile device, I really had no way of knowing what would work. So, your suggestions are really helpful.

Unfortunately, setting things to work on both mobile and desktop devices is not straightforward, and I won't be able to start working on it for a couple of weeks. I'll reach out to you then and hopefully you'll be willing to test some prototypes.

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
I suppose unless you did it already they could be compressed by converting them to webms. Honestly there are some spots which would have benefited from a replacement anyway.
EDIT
Thought while I know how to convert to webms or make webms clips I would not know how to mod a Renpy game

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
NightTrain Thanks for the remake!
But in the "share" path MC share her wife with women, men or both? Or it's the wife that share MC with other women?
The MC shares his wife with men in the lauraShare path. The wife shares the MC with other women in the lauraFriends path. Be aware that this game contains very little content of just the MC and his wife.

Reactions: Claudio83

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Can't trigger Foxy's events after Play and Kitchen. What should i do?
I can't trigger Foxy events in 0.1.2 either
Took me over 4hrs to complete it even with cheats and managed to see all
If there is future events I would download it again.
This may be due to a shortcoming of the hint system. Try giving Foxy some massage oil, and then visit her in her bedroom at 20:00. Let me know if that works.

Reactions: he_found_you

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
I suppose unless you did it already they could be compressed by converting them to webms. Honestly there are some spots which would have benefited from a replacement anyway.
EDIT
Thought while I know how to convert to webms or make webms clips I would not know how to mod a Renpy game
The original game had many low-quality GIFs, which I had to convert to webm to get them to work in Ren'Py. That lead to a huge amount of compression. The spectre1viper additional content was mostly high-quality mp4, which I also had to convert to webm, but I tried to maintain the quality in the conversion. When I started this project I had no idea how to convert video formats, and this alone probably took a month to figure out (and nearly melted my computer when I did the conversions). I am sure somebody could compress those more, but I just don't have it in me to go through all 1300 videos files again right now.

But, really, the bigger problem is the low-quality GIFs. I'd really like to try to find the original video clips that the GIFs were made from, and convert them directly to webm. But that is a huge project, and I don't really know how to capture video content from the web, or do video editing to extract the right parts.

Reactions: septacycell

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
dumb question, how come there's no sound of any kind? music or otherwise?
Try turning up the volume on your speakers :D!

Just kidding. The original game didn't have much sound, and I didn't add any. There's the music that's played during the game endings, and the occasional door knocking or phone ringing. All the longer video clips should have sound, though (and I had to spend a fair bit of time getting the sound to work on these clips). Try clicking on the second event of the lauraFriends thread in the thread board (after you've selected the 'show incomplete events' checkbox). That should launch a preview of one of the scenes that has sound. Please let me know if that works or not. If not, I'll have to look into the audio encoding on the videos.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Nikki seems to have vanished--whenever I'm at the Adams house, she's not there, so I can't give her the Designer Clothes that were requested.
I think you can only give her the clothes at 21:00, so try going to her house at that time. You'll also have to finish the peeking a Michelle thread.

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
The original game had many low-quality GIFs, which I had to convert to webm to get them to work in Ren'Py. That lead to a huge amount of compression. The spectre1viper additional content was mostly high-quality mp4, which I also had to convert to webm, but I tried to maintain the quality in the conversion. When I started this project I had no idea how to convert video formats, and this alone probably took a month to figure out (and nearly melted my computer when I did the conversions). I am sure somebody could compress those more, but I just don't have it in me to go through all 1300 videos files again right now.

But, really, the bigger problem is the low-quality GIFs. I'd really like to try to find the original video clips that the GIFs were made from, and convert them directly to webm. But that is a huge project, and I don't really know how to capture video content from the web, or do video editing to extract the right parts.
Well then I guess you did most of the work already, still I'll see if I can help, like if I found some replacements and readied them as webms would you place them?

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes