VN Ren'Py Abandoned Family Man...? [v9.1] [MoleMan]

3.50 star(s) 30 Votes

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
Just curious if the quality of the renders has improved? I get that the younger daughter won't be changing, and as longs she is not a love interest then that is fine. But I tried a couple of the early builds and was just so put off by the render quality that I could not be bothered to download and try this again. Every now and again I check back to see if it has improved to the point of being worth a try... so what do you think? Worth the download, or should I just wait for further development before trying or skip it all together? Since the (in my opinion at least) horribly bad sample images have never been updated from the first upload of the game, I just wonder if that is still the same render quality?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I get that the younger daughter won't be changing, and as longs she is not a love interest then that is fine.
She will be a love interest.

Worth the download, or should I just wait for further development before trying or skip it all together? Since the (in my opinion at least) horribly bad sample images have never been updated from the first upload of the game, I just wonder if that is still the same render quality?
Renders haven't changed but I don't see the issue with them.

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
She will be a love interest.

Renders haven't changed but I don't see the issue with them.
Alright... thanks for the reply. I can stop checking this thread now since both those issues make this one a no go. But as always, good luck to the dev and those that enjoy this. I don't wish to shit all over any thing that others enjoy, sometimes a game develops in a way that increases my interest and sometimes it goes the other direction. To each their own.

Reactions: greenp

buff

May 29, 2017
On a different note, topped 100 patrons last night, so only 2-300 more and I can quit my job and make this my full time gig! Hahahaha!
You'll get there if you can keep the writing solid and the releases on a steady schedule. Also, this is probably going to sound stupid, but I want your game to be huge and I think it's good advice so I'll throw it out there anyway.... You might also want to double down on editing because strangely, keeping the grammar and spelling clean seems to help a lot more than you'd think. Patreon games with amateur-looking text seem to top out early, however good they are; I assume a lot of players fire them up, say "hmm, dev didn't even spell check this, probably crap" and never get past the first frew screens. (Take a look at Kerni's AATOFL, which is a fucking *great* game, but he never made money off of it because he refuses to acknowledge that people take Bad Engrish as a leading indicator of Bad Game.) Don't get me wrong, what you've got now isn't bad, but I remember seeing a few errors so it might be worth polishing up a bit. At the very least if someone sends you a grammar nitpick as a "bug" don't blow it off.

And hey, some existing pledges might go up as you start getting into their wheel house. Like right now I'm a low pledge, but if we ever get an update where there is clearly a relationship path moving forward where the daughters are going to hookup with either each other or the mom you'll jump into my Prime Pervert budget and I'll be throwing you a lot more money per month :LOL:

Reactions: MMstudios

MMstudios

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2018
You'll get there if you can keep the writing solid and the releases on a steady schedule. Also, this is probably going to sound stupid, but I want your game to be huge and I think it's good advice so I'll throw it out there anyway.... You might also want to double down on editing because strangely, keeping the grammar and spelling clean seems to help a lot more than you'd think. Patreon games with amateur-looking text seem to top out early, however good they are; I assume a lot of players fire them up, say "hmm, dev didn't even spell check this, probably crap" and never get past the first frew screens. (Take a look at Kerni's AATOFL, which is a fucking *great* game, but he never made money off of it because he refuses to acknowledge that people take Bad Engrish as a leading indicator of Bad Game.) Don't get me wrong, what you've got now isn't bad, but I remember seeing a few errors so it might be worth polishing up a bit. At the very least if someone sends you a grammar nitpick as a "bug" don't blow it off.

And hey, some existing pledges might go up as you start getting into their wheel house. Like right now I'm a low pledge, but if we ever get an update where there is clearly a relationship path moving forward where the daughters are going to hookup with either each other or the mom you'll jump into my Prime Pervert budget and I'll be throwing you a lot more money per month :LOL:
Oh, I agree totally! I’m probably gonna reach out to a couple of my patrons that I know will do some proof reading for me. I usually do it all myself and I read fast so sometimes miss spelling errors and such. Always is tough when you know what is being said because you wrote it. So have a habit of not actually looking at the words. Great advice though, and I totally agree. Has always bothered me when grammar or spelling is really bad.

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
Oh, I agree totally! I’m probably gonna reach out to a couple of my patrons that I know will do some proof reading for me. I usually do it all myself and I read fast so sometimes miss spelling errors and such. Always is tough when you know what is being said because you wrote it. So have a habit of not actually looking at the words. Great advice though, and I totally agree. Has always bothered me when grammar or spelling is really bad.
In my youth I was taught to proof-read backwards one sentence at a time, keeps you from just going with the flow (interrupts the brains tendency to auto-correct) and helps keep focus on the words you are reading.

Reactions: buff and MMstudios

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
How many years is this game going to cover? It's been a while but wasn't she like 16? A while ago I thought she was made that way to make her less appealing and then she'd "get hot" when she turns 18.

MMstudios

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2018
How many years is this game going to cover? It's been a while but wasn't she like 16? A while ago I thought she was made that way to make her less appealing and then she'd "get hot" when she turns 18.
The game will end sometime after she turns 18 most likely.

Kageoni69

Feb 13, 2018
First time playthrough. Loving it so far. All the girls just have my heart. And I see it might not be planned but i do hope to have the option of knocking Momma up and making her family yours and even expanding that family with a cute kid of his own :) Great job so far and im really looking forward to more :) Thank you for cheering me up tonight with your story :) :)

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
In all honesty, when I first started I reached out to a few devs and asked advice. The best piece I got was from Luxee and it was to, first and foremost, make a game I would want to play. With that said, feet have never done a thing for me, neither has smoking. As you can probably tell, the secretary thing is a huge fetish of mine, hence why Alice gets so much love. ;-)
that is most excellent advice. write what you know, what you like, what you want to see. =) Luxee is awesome.

also i would add, not necessary but something the big ones tend to do, and that you should do if you're serious.

>> consistency <<
pick a day. make it your day. love that day. dick stamp that day. it is YOUR release day! every month. no matter what.

THIS will help grow your patrons (and help you. discipline! deadlines! yuck!). i know the arguments of patreon. patrons are supporting your dream, your project, not buying a product. yup yup, but they have expectations, and usually want to see that their patronage is not going to waste. if you are charging monthly, MOST patrons want to see something monthly, even if JUST to be assured that what they are supporting is progressing. consistently. =) my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

IndigoHawk

Aug 9, 2016
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I haven't played this before. Art is good enough. I like the variety of models. The MC can be kind of a terrible person but it's just a fantasy and the secretary is interesting.

Overall good game so far!

Reactions: Nospamwss

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018

I haven't played this before. Art is good enough. I like the variety of models. The MC can be kind of a terrible person but it's just a fantasy and the secretary is interesting.

Overall good game so far!
It was probably a more heat of the moment thing here is this teen girl who has just been through a bad ordeal and her bf was no help what so ever and it takes the MC to stand up for her and for a young girl like that she is going to be pretty much infatuated with the MC and I don't think that infatuation will go anytime soon.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
is there a walkthrough for this game ?
Walkthrough is kind of tricky, because the game is very straightforward, but also very convoluted where pathing is concerned (consequence of Moleman learning the trade as he goes). If you just want the harem route, here are the choices you should go for so far:

3.50 star(s) 30 Votes