3.50 star(s) 68 Votes

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
Somebody could explain me what it would change for a player a tag OnHold at place that Abandoned or the contrary ?
I don't understand this bagarre in the thread about this and i don't understand why a player at this moment should cheer up for changing this tag..
Why The Dev Perv2k16 , don't come here with this precise request ? He is the only person that can ask something so , not for sure a " supporter " .
This Dev didn't give us any kind of news for 6 months .. What it changes for us to take away the tag abandoned after the Update , when and if this update will arrive ? So many times i see here people speaking about the hot water discover ...

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Somebody could explain me what it would change for a player a tag OnHold at place that Abandoned or the contrary ?
I don't understand this bagarre in the thread about this and i don't understand why a player at this moment should cheer up for changing this tag..
Why The Dev Perv2k16 , don't come here with this ask ? he is the only person that can ask something so , not for sure a " supporter " .
This Dev didn't give us any kind of news for 6 months .. What's change for us to take away the tag abandoned after the Update , when and if this update will arrive ? So many times i see here people speaking about the hot water discover ...
I don't get it either. Dev vanished for around 6 months, no comments, no postings nothing, just silence. Now he seems to be back. At least he posts status updates about upcoming release, but that's be known by Gumdrop (Dual Family) too. When the new update arrives, the abandoned Tag will vanish (like the Dev 6 months ago). The game is still playable with abandoned tag or w/o... relax guys. ;)

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
Absolutely nothing. The game is abandoned until the next release. The dev can say whatever the hell he wants, but until he releases an update nothing should change. As someone who liked "The Family Secret" and had to see the dev give release dates that never happened during years, we should never trust them on that. Otherwise the mods would be changing between "Abandonded" and "On hold" every month.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Yeah, the way it works is that if a dev disappears and goes silent on Patreon for 3 months without a single word and the game isn't being updated either during that time, then that warrants the "Abandoned"- tag.
The "Abandoned"- tag is then removed only when the game receives an update, simply coming back and posting on Patreon isn't enough, the dev has to update the game.
The "On-hold"- tag is given if the game hasn't been updated for a very long time but the dev is still showing regular activity, but no actual news if and when a game would receive an update, or what the progression even is.

One can look at Gumdrop i.e., the dev is very active on Patreon, there's some kind of polls going on all the time and some special renders or whatever, but no news on the actual game, so the game has the "On-hold"- tag.

Last edited:

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
And even if he releases the update, who can say that he won't disappear for another 6 months leaving the players in the dark again.
Yeah that's true, but that's kinda the risk we have to take, but by updating the game now he'd at least show he's back..for the time being :p

Reactions: Mytez

formasual

Jan 17, 2019
I have to agree that once it is recognized as abandoned then it stays abandoned until proven otherwise. Devs can milk patreon for as long as they can by saying one thing and not delivering.
I'm here because this is the first adult game I was introduced to for some reason. Since then I've played many others, but this one impressed me quite a bit and seemed to really catch my interest. The way ep6 ended left me blue-balled. Maybe that was the devs intentions all along. Bastard...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Fantabaldu
Jul 20, 2017
I have to agree that once it is recognized as abandoned then it stays abandoned until proven otherwise. Devs can milk patreon for as long as they can by saying one thing and not delivering.
As far as I've seen, same holds true for On-Hold flair. Site rules appear to be that if the dev says it's on-hold first, then it's on-hold until proven otherwise. If it's abandoned first, it says Abandoned until they prove it isn't. I think many games on here that have been listed as On-Hold should be changed to Abandoned after at least some threshold (there are games labeled On-Hold with no updates for 2-3 years)

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
As far as I've seen, same holds true for On-Hold flair. Site rules appear to be that if the dev says it's on-hold first, then it's on-hold until proven otherwise. If it's abandoned first, it says Abandoned until they prove it isn't. I think many games on here that have been listed as On-Hold should be changed to Abandoned after at least some threshold (there are games labeled On-Hold with no updates for 2-3 years)
Can you provide some examples?
I don't think I saw anything like that, but have indeed seen many games where the "On-Hold" tag was changed to abandoned after further silence from the dev.

F.E. My Sweet Neigbors is listed as abandoned, even though the fact that Pandelo turns of patreon payments each month, but doesn't end the patreon itself, speaks more for a game being on hold and not actually abandoned.
And that's just an example that came to mind almost instantly.

Reactions: Blayo

Blayo

Dec 27, 2017
He's just talking out of his ass, probably about DF and how it is on hold after 15 months of no updates. Problem is Kyle is very active on his Patreon and discord, putting out news and renders of his game characters/pinups.

Jul 20, 2017
Can you provide some examples?
I don't think I saw anything like that, but have indeed seen many games where the "On-Hold" tag was changed to abandoned after further silence from the dev.

F.E. My Sweet Neigbors is listed as abandoned, even though the fact that Pandelo turns of patreon payments each month, but doesn't end the patreon itself, speaks more for a game being on hold and not actually abandoned.
And that's just an example that came to mind almost instantly.
Well with the handy little thing called the updates page YOU can easily check for yourself. There are almost 2 pages worth of games set as On-Hold with anywhere between 1-3 years without update. If the threads need to be changed, then that's where I'm wrong, but it's what I've seen.
He's just talking out of his ass, probably about DF and how it is on hold after 15 months of no updates.
Don't be such a prick about a simple statement. I am willing to be corrected, but I was not "talking out my ass" since I actually bothered to check the On-Hold flair.

KiGa

꧁THC꧂
Respected User
Aug 5, 2017
it is not dead as you can see on the creators patreon
last post from him/her was 9 days ago View attachment 319920 View attachment 319921
View attachment 313637

Unlocked
Gaining Experience...(Episode 7)

Hi everyone !
I hate delivering bad news but unfortunately I need more time to finish current Episode... :(
Approximate release date is delayed till mid June.
Sorry for inconvenience and
Thank You for The Support !

AJ840

Jul 25, 2018
Hey friends should i need to tell vicky about my job? so that it doesnot cause problem in future

3.50 star(s) 68 Votes