VN Ren'Py Abandoned Family Resort [Demo] [Sylvie Dreams]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Not to be an ass or something, but....
Mc returns home but find there's no home!:eek:You would think that phone exits! And they also got a resort on a island and still Mc doesn't know!
Either they forgot that Mc exists or they sure do love to surprise him.
Anyway will try it. Good luck

• Haha
Reactions: Sylver Games

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
The banner on the first post fooled me into believing this was some god level modded honey select game. The girl looks pretty well detailed for that kind of game. Upon further inspection it's just another one of these games with raw character design and the same setup we've seen a hundred times over.
Pretty disappointing, not gonna lie.

Lola Adjani

May 28, 2018
I hope this game keeps going and gets better! I like the setting and the simple idea behind this, I just hope Sylvie Dreams doesn't slowly abandon her other project "Arizona Unbridled"
AU and FR are both great fun to work on. We have every intention of completing both.

Yeah, the relationship variables will take a bit of 'polish', but we'll get there :)

View attachment 1171246

I knew Checker Motors built tough taxicabs ... but to see one still in service 39 years after the company went Tango Uniform...
"T U" hahaha I love it!!!

Uuuuh, family fun, a sunny island and MYSTERY! What could it be?
A fresh look at an old idea ;)

Not to be an ass or something, but....
Mc returns home but find there's no home!:eek:You would think that phone exits! And they also got a resort on a island and still Mc doesn't know!
Either they forgot that Mc exists or they sure do love to surprise him.
Anyway will try it. Good luck
In this case, "home" is more a figure of speech (although the mc will be a live-in at the new resort he's working in, along with a handful of coworkers). The 'pre-college' "home" is in another city, far away.

And, it's okay to be "an ass", as long as you're a 'nice ass' ;)

Sylver Games

Evil. Never. Dies!!!!! \m/
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
The banner on the first post fooled me into believing this was some god level modded honey select game. The girl looks pretty well detailed for that kind of game. Upon further inspection it's just another one of these games with raw character design and the same setup we've seen a hundred times over.
Pretty disappointing, not gonna lie.
We get it. Graphics is the most important thing for any game? . . . Content is secondary?.

Okay, we can live with that, but the problem is we don't have enough money to buy a machine potent enough to work with DAZ, so . . . Are you suggesting we should retire while waiting to be able to make DAZ renders?

Lola Adjani

May 28, 2018
We get it. Graphics is the most important thing for any game? . . . Content is secondary?.

Okay, we can live with that, but the problem is we don't have enough money to buy a machine potent enough to work with DAZ, so . . . Are you suggesting we should retire while waiting to be able to make DAZ renders?
Come here, little one . . . you need a hug :)

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017

1192553_FRbanner.jpg
Somebody made THAT, and i don't think it's DAZ so...
It's just that this pic is leagues ahead in quality from the pictures we see in the previews. I don't know if it's just the lighting or editing but it looks fantastic in my opinion.

So if it was possible to make it with the current rig i don't see why you couldn't keep the quality on the same level. This would elevate your game above all the other honey select games, just sayin.

Sylver Games

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
View attachment 1171426
Somebody made THAT, and i don't think it's DAZ so...
It's just that this pic is leagues ahead in quality from the pictures we see in the previews. I don't know if it's just the lighting or editing but it looks fantastic in my opinion.

So if it was possible to make it with the current rig i don't see why you couldn't keep the quality on the same level. This would elevate your game above all the other honey select games, just sayin.
I did it the same way as other renders, but the lightning used is trying to 'emulate' a late evening light. Maybe it did a good job with the overall quality, but we can't use the same lightning everytime . . . not all day is late evening.

Reactions: Draverik

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
I did it the same way as other renders, but the lightning used is trying to 'emulate' a late evening light. Maybe it did a good job with the overall quality, but we can't use the same lightning everytime . . . not all day is late evening.
Yeah i feel you. I would suggest to play around with the lighting in the future because it can mean a world of difference.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The lack of shadows makes the characters look floaty as if they don't belong together on the same picture. Like they were pasted on in MSPaint.
It also hides a lot of details in their skin and makes they look like they're glowing.

Lola Adjani

May 28, 2018
Yeah i feel you. I would suggest to play around with the lighting in the future because it can mean a world of difference.

The lack of shadows makes the characters look floaty as if they don't belong together on the same picture. Like they were pasted on in MSPaint.
It also hides a lot of details in their skin and makes they look like they're glowing.
Good points. There is a lot to learn (and always will be).
This is Silvie's first foray into the realm of sprites.

Reactions: Draverik

Lola Adjani

May 28, 2018
Did anyone other than UselessSphinx get an error while trying to save?
I'm guessing it's an isolated problem with that user's system, or perhaps a corrupted file in the download.
Nothing like that has been reported by any of the Discord users.
Not that saving progress in such a limited amount of demo content is important, mind you. Those saves surely will be ignored by the initial game release. It is, in fact, just a demo.

Sylver Games

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 29, 2020
Did anyone other than UselessSphinx get an error while trying to save?
I'm guessing it's an isolated problem with that user's system, or perhaps a corrupted file in the download.
Nothing like that has been reported by any of the Discord users.
Not that saving progress in such a limited amount of demo content is important, mind you. Those saves surely will be ignored by the initial game release. It is, in fact, just a demo.
I searched about that error and It's related to the system of the player. IT'S NOT AN ERROR FROM THE GAME.

Maybe a corrupt download or, like I found on the web, 'an installation in an incorrect drive'.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018

While I haven't played either of your games yet (not interested in the other one) I say no not every game needs to be with DAZ renders quite the opposite for me most of my favorite game's are in HS1, HS2, or Koikatsu, but I have to admit the even with these engines the quality of the renders can be very different both in images and animations.

Lola Adjani

May 28, 2018
I searched about that error and It's related to the system of the player. IT'S NOT AN ERROR FROM THE GAME.

Maybe a corrupt download or, like I found on the web, 'an installation in an incorrect drive'.
Could be there is an error on the drive UselessSphinx installed the game on, or perhaps the game folder is marked with the read-only attribute. Whatever caused it, that error seems to be 'one-of-a-kind'.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes