Ren'Py Abandoned Family Way [v0.3.3] [Sural Argonus]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I think people having problems with the extraction...is a localized issue. I don't know what it is. I've extracted with no issue at all, so have a lot of others.

It was compressed with Renpy's build tool.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
I think people having problems with the extraction...is a localized issue. I don't know what it is. I've extracted with no issue at all, so have a lot of others.

Developers are not responsible for corrupted zips, rars or 7z's. All those issues are because of your AVs.

So, gals and guys, configure your AV - create one folder where you'll download all F95 content and add it to your AV's "exclusion list".

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Well...I try to help...but I also know it's not my fault. :D I made sure it WASN'T my fault...and also...not only am I the Dev...I am the uploader too. :D

Reactions: Darkaura

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Congrats on getting a demo out there monkey. I look forward to taking it out for spin.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I really like the look of the sisters.... like a LOT! Were your actual sisters hot? I totally want them both at once though

Reactions: lupy30

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
I never actually looked at my sisters that way. I was told my oldest was pretty...but I saw her more as a princess bitch. *shrug*
From my experience, having a sister is a good way to kill any idea of incest being "romantic", IRL.

Reactions: Skalli

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017

Well doesn't really matter why, or who, no one is blaming anyone, but the fact is that people are having problems extracting for some reason. I've tried it on 2 computers, with two different programs, and two different versions of Windows. Both give the same result, with or without my AV disabled. Now this is the only file from this site I've had problems extracting in all the time I've been here, and I extract at least one other ren'py game per day. Now, I'm sure you're not the only one to use ren'py to package files, but something is different about this file to give me a problem, and I can't find a problem on my end.

Maybe someone can try extracting it and re-compressing with a standard archive program?

headers.PNG error.PNG folder.PNG

Last edited:

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Think you should download newer version of 7zip or what extraction tool you are using. I remember I had some problems with few zip files when I used old version of Winrar.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Think you should download newer version of 7zip or what extraction tool you are using. I remember I had some problems with few zip files when I used old version of Winrar.
There is no newer version of 7zip (1701). This is exactly what I recommend when people have extraction issues, because 99% of the time, this is the problem. Not in my case though unfortunately. I also tried 7zip 16.04, and WinRAR 5.5, on two PCs, with two different operating systems.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I dunno what to tell you. I've Downloaded it. Many others have downloaded it.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
I dunno what to tell you. I've Downloaded it. Many others have downloaded it.
Found a solution. For some reason, the download was being corrupted when downloading with Megadownloader (first time I've had the issue). I downloaded with IE and all is fine. Unsure why this one file was getting corrupted, and was doing it every single time. I use MD for every other file I download through mega, and never had an issue.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I just messaged you a rezipped version 3xpurt, but it looks like you have it handled. Glad you have it handled!

Reactions: 3xpurt

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
Just to let you know, but for some reason, I was getting a whole SHIT load of corrupted stuff out of Mega the last couple days... to the point where it crashed my megasync, AND I had to reboot a couple times... so it may NOT have been Sural's file, it may have been whatever was happening with Mega in the last couple days.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Found a solution. For some reason, the download was being corrupted when downloading with Megadownloader (first time I've had the issue). I downloaded with IE and all is fine. Unsure why this one file was getting corrupted, and was doing it every single time. I use MD for every other file I download through mega, and never had an issue.
Dunno. Downladed 2 or 3 games today (mega) and they're OK. So, im really baffled.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Just FYI.... You're NOT alone. For the last week, I've been having major issues with mega AND MegaDownloader. Nothing on my PC is the cause of it. Something's going on with mega.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes