Ren'Py Abandoned Family Way [v0.3.3] [Sural Argonus]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Fenix34

Jun 16, 2017
Unfortunately the game clearly states the little sister is 14, which is too young. If they never specified an age it would be different.
Yes, Huuuuuuuuuge Boobitus is a chronic condition affecting gamers and game developers.
haha yeah seriously on the huge boobitus part. But yeah i dont mind it as long as there are some options for people like me as well. Not everyone likes unproportionate massive knockers.

M

MantisK

haha yeah seriously on the huge boobitus part. But yeah i dont mind it as long as there are some options for people like me as well. Not everyone likes unproportionate massive knockers.
I've been with women from AAA to GG, variety is the spice of life.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Little bit of an update...My Render PC took a shit. Looks like Motherboard or CPU (or both) is shot. I have only my laptop to use, and I can't render with it.

I ordered a new MB and CPU, but it will be a couple days.

Thanks for the feedback, and if you notice in the Changelog I added...(which I forgot to add to the OP, by the way) I was in the process of redoing renders. PC actually died WHILE rendering. The entire office scene is going to get redone

Cait's Age: I set her as 14, and decided NOT to give her any H-Scenes so I didin't have to deal with that bullshit on Patreon. HOWEVER...there will be a special patch made available where she and a couple other underaged girls will have some fun. I just won't be making it available on Patreon.

Right now, I am ONLY doing PC versions, because I don't have Linux/Unix, MAC, etc. *IF* I had someone reliable to test those builds, I would start making them.

geistmas

Jul 13, 2017
My main concern here is instead of characters saying their whole dialogue at a time they spit it out one sentence at a time and you have to click to get to the next part of the dialogue box. I guess that's one way to do it, but I couldn't even continue on like that beyond the piano scene.

gregonzole

Aug 10, 2017
I don't get what the game is trying to do. Is it just a visual novel because you can't make any choices? Isn't the main point to make choices so that you can eventually get with your sister? If the brother/sister story is already set up without you making choices, then what will the story be about? Just you making choices to avoid being found out by everyone else?

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
There will be choices. I have them planned for Week 2 and later. The first week was never meant to be choices.

In future publishes, there will be choices that should affect some parts of the story, but the base storyline is set. It will have good and bad ends. There will be choices that affect how the family reacts, if you choose to have relations with other women. I will even explain why The Monkey said you are just an observer, and this will lead to options that The Monkey didn't plan on anyone having.

What I intend to do is hopefully something a little different in presentation. The Monkey intended this to be an observation of Jack and Sue's story (Kinetic Novel), but thanks to Minion's screw up...that didn't happen. So some things will be different.

I understand that isn't clear in the story...yet. But I can't just give the player ALL the info right at the beginning.

In reality I am learning as I go, so FW will have features as I learn how to implement them.

fullreview

Aug 3, 2017
There will be choices. I have them planned for Week 2 and later. The first week was never meant to be choices.

In future publishes, there will be choices that should affect some parts of the story, but the base storyline is set. It will have good and bad ends. There will be choices that affect how the family reacts, if you choose to have relations with other women. I will even explain why The Monkey said you are just an observer, and this will lead to options that The Monkey didn't plan on anyone having.

What I intend to do is hopefully something a little different in presentation. The Monkey intended this to be an observation of Jack and Sue's story (Kinetic Novel), but thanks to Minion's screw up...that didn't happen. So some things will be different.

I understand that isn't clear in the story...yet. But I can't just give the player ALL the info right at the beginning.

In reality I am learning as I go, so FW will have features as I learn how to implement them.
So basically no harem?

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
I don't get what the game is trying to do. Is it just a visual novel because you can't make any choices? Isn't the main point to make choices so that you can eventually get with your sister? If the brother/sister story is already set up without you making choices, then what will the story be about? Just you making choices to avoid being found out by everyone else?
Visual novel has choices, kinetic novel doesn't.

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
So basically no harem?
Let me have some surprises. Hehe

I was planning on a harem option, but wasn't going to give too many spoilers this early. I have a primary story, and a bunch of side stories, plus I plan on having Jack discover what his father is doing, and how he is going to deal with it...and that may lead to more Mom content.

Reactions: seden

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Thanks for the changelog ;)

As to data, how are you organised ?
Do you have a story already redacted as to have more than an "idea" of what will be or not possible (in the game).
Then, quite a good idea to go the patch/mod track, something who would be quite a lot interesting if tools allowed for it by design (the main strenght of TES game being the TESC, who allow for creations and as such, made over 300k mods released while Morrowind will get an uplift (visuals+scripts+engine : OpenMW).
Renpy do not allow for a very easy management, still, to be seen + appreciated.
(saying that, DMD and some others still have some mods being developed, so its not impossible, only conditional.

danny19

Jul 20, 2017
Little bit of an update...My Render PC took a shit. Looks like Motherboard or CPU (or both) is shot. I have only my laptop to use, and I can't render with it.

I ordered a new MB and CPU, but it will be a couple days.

Thanks for the feedback, and if you notice in the Changelog I added...(which I forgot to add to the OP, by the way) I was in the process of redoing renders. PC actually died WHILE rendering. The entire office scene is going to get redone

Cait's Age: I set her as 14, and decided NOT to give her any H-Scenes so I didin't have to deal with that bullshit on Patreon. HOWEVER...there will be a special patch made available where she and a couple other underaged girls will have some fun. I just won't be making it available on Patreon.

Right now, I am ONLY doing PC versions, because I don't have Linux/Unix, MAC, etc. *IF* I had someone reliable to test those builds, I would start making them.
so younger sis wont be with bro?just other girls? :(

lupy30

Jun 14, 2017
Shame younger sis wont be doing more then just girls, kinda cool if court her with dad also and so on hahaha, thx for an interesting game at the moment...

Reactions: danny19

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Yea Cait is my fav.... I will patiently wait for ANY h-scenes you put her into. But like others I would love dad training her the MOST. Meantime keep up the good work.
Which "others"? I certainly wouldn't like that. MC is good guy and HE LOVES his sisters and family - his father is disgusting old swine using his positon to force girls, as young as his older daughter, into sex and I see him as (potential) Eric...

Aisteru

Oct 30, 2016
Which "others"? I certainly wouldn't like that. MC is good guy and HE LOVES his sisters and family - his father is disgusting old swine using his positon to force girls, as young as his older daughter, into sex and I see him as (potential) Eric...
I agree. MC seems to love both his sisters and their father seems to be an asshole. I really hope he stays out of the picture and just keeps fucking the girls at work. Cait seems to be positioned perfectly to catch the MC and older sister in the act and I hope the game takes advantage of that. I hope the dev changes their mind about sex scenes between the MC and Cait. If he is having a separate patch anyway I don't see why he can't add that into it too.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
I enjoyed this. The characters have realistic responses to situations, and the story flows in a natural sort of way that doesn't bait you to overthink things or suspend disbelief. It doesn't go too far off the rails of reality, just fantastical enough to keep the spice flowing. Sue is beautiful, great job on her. I am interested to see how much of a role humor plays in the overall story.

My only qualm is the amount of short sentences and mid-line waits. In my peon opinion, this little change improved the feel of the novel by about 200%:
Image1.jpg

Marta

Jul 30, 2017
Game looks interesting, thought the size of the game is huge taking in mind there´s still nothing in the game... mostly half a Gigabyte, damn... that´s a lot!

Also the introduction was probably a bit long, luckly that monkey made it more smooth... but overused that effect is a bit lost, also I don´t have the feeling of being the one controling the story, and that´s not also so nice...

There´s only introdcution now to judge, but it´s not looking totally bad. ;)

seden

Aug 22, 2016
To be seen, but the ambiance is strange, looking as if it was going on in the past (80' ?).

+1 as to the size, there is clearly something to be done.

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes