Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
"Occasional dialogue options give the reader a chance to express their personality, but these choices will not affect how the story pans out."
That makes me think that at its core this is a kinetic novel. Is this correct?

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin
Oct 21, 2019
That makes me think that at its core this is a kinetic novel. Is this correct?
Yes and no. You can't influence the main story, main events or who you have 'relations' with. So in that sense it's a kinetic novel. There are however many 'free roam' moments where you can explore and find certain 'secrets' or small scenes that aren't part of the main story.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Yes and no. You can't influence the main story, main events or who you have 'relations' with. So in that sense it's a kinetic novel. There are however many 'free roam' moments where you can explore and find certain 'secrets' or small scenes that aren't part of the main story.
This puts me in a bit of a dilemma. When a game presents me with choices I expect them to matter story-wise. Hmmm... Oh well, guess I'll take a look at it sometime.
Anyway, thanks for the explanation!

Oct 21, 2019
It's just my eyes or image quality became much worse in game cut scenes in latest update and MC changed?
I don't know about the cut scenes. If anything, I think they look better than before. The artwork has always been a bit strange and quirky but I think that's part of the charm.

The MC has slightly been changed since Chapter 7 or 8 already. I don't remember exactly but the dev posted some things several months ago about how he wanted to make some characters look more realistic, especially in terms of faces and expressions.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrbitalTomato

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
It's just my eyes or image quality became much worse in game cut scenes in latest update and MC changed?
If anything I find the artstyle less rough now than it was before

Jul 13, 2020
As promised, for ze Mac luvers:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Beat me to it - I was about to post a link to a file I converted myself ;)

Pro Tip for anyone playing on a Mac like me: one could theoretically download the (free) Ren'py engine onto your computer, download a PC version of any Ren'py game, open that as a project in Ren'py itself, and then build a Mac distribution from that PC copy, effectively porting any PC Ren'py game to Mac. That is if you were to follow the 'Alternatively' options laid out in this thread. It's not guaranteed to work with every game flawlessly, but I've done it several times and I've had almost no issues.

Side note - converting RPG Maker games to Mac is also quite simple and easy, too!

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Fantasy Valley Ch6-9 v1.0.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes