Oct 21, 2019
I don't think the game is abandoned, Ancho doesn't seem like the person who would just quit without telling anyone. Maybe there's something going on in his personal life. We'll just have to keep an eye on his Patreon and hope he'll post an update soon. There's no Discord as far as I know.

Reactions: Morah SDG

gaylord12

Nov 12, 2019
It seems like every update is more ambitious than the previous. It takes time especially when this is a solo project.

Viggy

Jan 5, 2019
Agreed. If he had more patreon revenue he would probably consider hiring more people to help speed things up, but by the looks of it it's gonna take a while to get there...

If it was up to me though, I would go full robin hood mod and siphon trash overrated dev's money (Icstor, Psychodelusional etc.) and dump it straight to ancho's pockets but alas... All I can realistically do is give him MY ENERGY!!! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Jackie123

May 2, 2018
Agreed. If he had more patreon revenue he would probably consider hiring more people to help speed things up, but by the looks of it it's gonna take a while to get there...

If it was up to me though, I would go full robin hood mod and siphon trash overrated dev's money (Icstor, Psychodelusional etc.) and dump it straight to ancho's pockets but alas... All I can realistically do is give him MY ENERGY!!! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
he had a slow start at first at patreon i saw him since the beginning.... but the last 2-3 updates he gained quite a few patrons. its starting to pay off for him...

Oct 21, 2019

Long time, no news. I'm sorry for that. Time has been very limited recently. The good news is that I am not sick, as some have been speculating (thank you for your concern). The bad news is that my time to work on Fantasy Valley is going to remain limited. I wish that wasn't the case, but we are a very small Patreon project and... life.

Work is continuing whenever possible on the next chapter. I can confidently say that it's now more than half way done. What's left? A lot of story illustrations, a spicy series of animations, and then another big chunk of dramatic story illustrations! Ooooh! Exciting!

I'd like to be more communicative here in future, but I often don't know what to say when I haven't made the progress that I wish I had. What sort of quick posts would interest you all? Sketches or WIP's? Random thoughts? Story spoilers? Lemme know.
Thanks to all of you for your support. It's more encouraging than you know.

-Ancho
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018

Long time, no news. I'm sorry for that. Time has been very limited recently. The good news is that I am not sick, as some have been speculating (thank you for your concern). The bad news is that my time to work on Fantasy Valley is going to remain limited. I wish that wasn't the case, but we are a very small Patreon project and... life.

Work is continuing whenever possible on the next chapter. I can confidently say that it's now more than half way done. What's left? A lot of story illustrations, a spicy series of animations, and then another big chunk of dramatic story illustrations! Ooooh! Exciting!

I'd like to be more communicative here in future, but I often don't know what to say when I haven't made the progress that I wish I had. What sort of quick posts would interest you all? Sketches or WIP's? Random thoughts? Story spoilers? Lemme know.

-Ancho
That's what I was afraid, he doesn't earn enough through patreon with a project like this. I mean the game is 2D drawn, semi-open world, semi animated, kinda plot-heavy, a lot of characters...he can't work on it full time with only 500 bucks a month. It's so time consumming but he only get a little reward after each update. :(

Oct 21, 2019
That's what I was afraid, he doesn't earn enough through patreon with a project like this. I mean the game is 2D drawn, semi-open world, semi animated, kinda plot-heavy, a lot of characters...he can't work on it full time with only 500 bucks a month. It's so time consumming but he only get a little reward after each update. :(
And yet, those are often the best games, however unfair that may seem.

Once developers start to work full time on their game, they also tend to focus too much on what their supporters want, since their income depends on them. They forcefully implement sex scenes or rush development of updates, just to please their fans, and that often ruins the game. Ancho is one of the few devs who really creates something original. And even though he may not get the reward he deserves, he's doing a hell of a job!

Last edited:

Jackie123

May 2, 2018

-Ancho
Thats sad to hear.... honestly such a great game and dev... kinda shamefull that he has a kinda small patreon base but i believe his work is gonna pay off soon if he continues his project. but he also is right about what he says.... so go and subscribe to his fckn patreon guys....

Reactions: peter358

Ken2111

Sep 20, 2019
At this rate, we might be able to get the update by early to mid-February. I'm glad Ancho is fine. Also, now the game is just starting in a way and I'm sure he will get more and more subscribers in the future.

Reactions: 1xxx23

1xxx23

Jun 29, 2020

-Ancho
Hell yeah, I'm so relieved that things are still going on and nothing really bad happened to him...

But that's it! All I recommend you guys doing is to share this game with people you know, even discord servers and things like that. Don't know about you, but the least I can do is to talk about this project that I like so much to other people.

Hope that Ancho get the outcome that he deserves! This project is pure gold and still has an absurd potential.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 72 Votes