CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
I don't really agree with that, because jealousy is involved in the definition and that'll be very subjective. I only mention this because it's fairly obvious from feedback that some people were extremely turned-off by it (to put it nicely), and I really think that damaged the game. Because obviously for us that played it, we know that never happens again. That's why it "damaged" it, since it turned off a seemingly decent chunk of the actual player-base.

Forgive me if I forgot the details after a long time, but the game was setting her up as a LI. It informed us about her ex and how much of a dick he is, and Sarah says she would NEVER be with him again. It's clear our MC will pursue her at this point. That is why it hit a lot of players when they're then shown a scene like that - I remember it hitting me negatively as well. But I just choked it down and continued after reading here, that it would be the only time a scene like that would show.

I think it's unfortunate, because the rest is good, and it gets better the further you go. I personally think that scene doesn't really do anything important for the story or characters, that couldn't have been portrayed in many other ways. I'm not saying a creator should change everything for the fan-base, but it would've been strategic to modify it as it is not integral to the story. I also take stuff like that into account with what I create.

All that being said, the art style was something that grew on me. I wasn't super into it at first, and I imagine it's the same with many others. I would guess that also had many people avoid it, even if they would've ended up greatly enjoying it if they gave it a chance. :(
Yeah, I kinda agree with you on the NTR thing, but I have to say that or I risk being jumped by the NTR police. They used to be pretty bad around here before the game got abandoned and in general it's just kind of a hot button topic. I agree that it at least feels like NTR, but I also recognize that it is not by definition. That's really all I'll say about it though. I am NOT going down that road again.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Zakko

Lead Dev of Demon Deals
Game Developer
Jun 4, 2017
^ True, although if you take the perceived player response to something like the infamous choice in Acting Lessons (which even I thought was hilarious - the choice, not the response), you'd have imagined that DPC would've either quit or retconned the scene, but instead he soldiered on, wrapped it up, and went bigger and better with his next game (which also has some controversial scenarios for players who don't like to share). Although maybe since that scene was further into the game than this one, maybe players were already too invested to quit. But sometimes it's better to stick to your guns.
Yeah I agree sticking to your guns is a way to go, if that's really the content you want to make and the audience whom you seek. But I didn't focus on that aspect in this case, because I'd say the rest of the chapters show clearly that wasn't the route Ancho was going anyway. :giggle:

With FV, seems like the combination of the rough early art (which I still liked), the early Sarah scene, the semi-sandbox world (adult game players really don't like to navigate through environments), the absence of any gold ticket fetishes (mainly incest), and the lack of marketing took its toll on the growth of the audience.
I only found FV because I came across a list of games who had "netori" in them to some extent. Never seen it anywhere else. I assume Ancho didn't have a big social media presence or similar?

[...] That's really all I'll say about it though. I am NOT going down that road again.
Nah wasn't trying to go down any slippy slope roads, that's why I focused on the player response part. ^^

criestoomuch

Oct 22, 2020
Sarah doesn't explicitly say she's not going to fuck Bradley anymore. Rather, she says she's been trying to undo that mistake. So, she doesn't outright lie. But, if you don't come into the game expecting your love interests to get fucked by other guys you will feel NTR'd or at least cucked. Regardless of the technical definition. Not to mention the fact that she won't fuck you as long as he's around. Even though she's clearly into you. She's also a fucking hypocrite for helping him cheat on his girlfriend. But, she won't touch you as long as she's your "boss."

Add Vera and Sam to the list of girls who say to your face they'd drop you like a bad habit something better comes along. And the girls you have to share with another dude. The first sex scene being MC getting a handjob while watching his long term crush get fucked by the then main antagonist. And you get this deceptively cucky game masquerading as a haremesque fantasy game.

But, most bitching and moaning aside the game has one fatal flaw. The writer straight-up doesn't really know why his characters are having sex most of the time. Meaning most sex scenes don't serve the purpose he wants them to. Which contrasts too wildly with the crisp dialogue and the intriguing overarching plot. Leaving the player/reader feeling frustrated because it's neither satisfying or trashy enough to fap to. If the author didn't feel the need to put a sex scene in every chapter the infamous barn scene wouldn't have happened. Instead, you could have him threaten the MC by saying he'll get her back. At least then you could say it's slow but, it's well written.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Yeah I agree sticking to your guns is a way to go, if that's really the content you want to make and the audience whom you seek. But I didn't focus on that aspect in this case, because I'd say the rest of the chapters show clearly that wasn't the route Ancho was going anyway. :giggle:
Fair. Agreed that it's not really representative of the rest of the game, and that the scene didn't really need to be there for the story's sake.

I only found FV because I came across a list of games who had "netori" in them to some extent. Never seen it anywhere else. I assume Ancho didn't have a big social media presence or similar?
Sadly, yes. Don't even know if he had a Discord server for the game. Seems like Ancho spent most of his time working on the game and not expanding the audience. Which was good for the existing audience, not so much for the developer.

peters_99

Apr 13, 2018
This always happens when the dev decides to start redrawing/redesigning. Once you start it you never finish (example: summertime saga). Sure, new players might not like the old art but it can be solved by showing some kind of trailer of whats coming next (with new art)

lucifer66666

Mar 16, 2018
This always happens when the dev decides to start redrawing/redesigning. Once you start it you never finish (example: summertime saga). Sure, new players might not like the old art but it can be solved by showing some kind of trailer of whats coming next (with new art)
I would agree with you in the case of FV since you know the guy is hardly making anything on the game so its not worth it in to go that far, but summertime sage? they are making a boat ton of money and still cant do it.

P.S I might be in trouble for talking about another game which may cause some arguments which I should apologize in advance

Reactions: JustAnotherWanker

etarg

Oct 11, 2017
I would agree with you in the case of FV since you know the guy is hardly making anything on the game so its not worth it in to go that far, but summertime sage? they are making a boat ton of money and still cant do it.

P.S I might be in trouble for talking about another game which may cause some arguments which I should apologize in advance
Don't worry, the thread is in immense grieving over the game that I don't think any petty arguments will surface.

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
Not enough financial support basically. I suppose he could no longer justify the amount of work he was doing for the amount of money the project was bringing in.
Honestly he did himself dirty with the start because from what I saw a lot of people were turned off by it.

The sad thing is that scene is not what the game is about at all and if I'm being honest it served no purpose in the story but it is what it is.

Zakko

Lead Dev of Demon Deals
Game Developer
Jun 4, 2017
It did serve a purpose though, it put a fire under you to try and set things right.
If that's what that scene did for you, that's good. :giggle:

It certainly didn't do that for me, nor many others. Had a bit of a crisis in the moment lmao, like "oh shit I really hate this. Calm down, calm down. Check the forums, this isn't what the game was supposed to be." - Something like that was my initial reaction, confirmed with the comments here that it's the only time any such thing is shown, and just powered through.

Not hate like "this is great motivation for me to dislike that guy" - I already had plenty of that, and you get plenty more later. More like - I hate this and if I didn't have resilience to it from other games, I might've stopped playing. Which I guess is where many just did stop playing (or never started, having read the warnings in the comments).

I get it's a game and that's fine, I just don't want that in the games I play - so I won't play them generally (nor complain about it, those games are fine for people who enjoy them). The issue stems from the fact it's a one-time thing and not integral to the plot at all. So I personally think it's apt to consider it "shooting yourself in the foot" when the game is not about that kind of content and ends up actually ridding itself of the playerbase it's aiming for. :confused:

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
It did serve a purpose though, it put a fire under you to try and set things right.
It really didn't.

1- it showed the LI in a bad light not only because she had sex with another guy but because she lied to MCs face saying she wasn't interested.
2- The way the MC reacted in that scene made it even worse.

There was already a lot of reasons to for you to try to set things right but it is what it is at this point

landon brice

Jan 15, 2018
Sarah doesn't explicitly say she's not going to fuck Bradley anymore. Rather, she says she's been trying to undo that mistake. So, she doesn't outright lie. But, if you don't come into the game expecting your love interests to get fucked by other guys you will feel NTR'd or at least cucked. Regardless of the technical definition. Not to mention the fact that she won't fuck you as long as he's around. Even though she's clearly into you. She's also a fucking hypocrite for helping him cheat on his girlfriend. But, she won't touch you as long as she's your "boss."

Add Vera and Sam to the list of girls who say to your face they'd drop you like a bad habit something better comes along. And the girls you have to share with another dude. The first sex scene being MC getting a handjob while watching his long term crush get fucked by the then main antagonist. And you get this deceptively cucky game masquerading as a haremesque fantasy game.

But, most bitching and moaning aside the game has one fatal flaw. The writer straight-up doesn't really know why his characters are having sex most of the time. Meaning most sex scenes don't serve the purpose he wants them to. Which contrasts too wildly with the crisp dialogue and the intriguing overarching plot. Leaving the player/reader feeling frustrated because it's neither satisfying or trashy enough to fap to. If the author didn't feel the need to put a sex scene in every chapter the infamous barn scene wouldn't have happened. Instead, you could have him threaten the MC by saying he'll get her back. At least then you could say it's slow but, it's well written.
Kinda disagree, Mc is having a lots of fun and sex with other girls.... so other characters got ''relationships'' or ''sex'' wouldn't make feel the atmosphere weird. As you see every character has their own history, as Mc, and sometimes they collide, but if see more clear, each hisoty ''individual'' of the characters aren't so extremely in need with interactions of mc for theyre life continue. Making it feel, like hell yeah, this game it's about that boy, but not exactly he is the sun of this solar sistem to flow.

I really loved this game, makes me sad seeing abandoned, when the author made a move for ''book 2'' but the game did not catch that amount of attention, (looking for the biggest number of games trash over the net (makes me more even anger, cuz for audience this didn't get a good view enough to continue).

In other aspects this game really knew on how to build the passion and hotness of some moments of the game, making you feel anxious for the moment. I would like to see more of this history, if one day continues obviously, but the potential is there, In other words people nowadays are more interested in the shitty incest and rape, which makes me love more this game, because those arguments aren't needed or build.
my note is still a 10/10, good history, and an interesting artwork.

Reactions: SecretSal
4.60 star(s) 73 Votes