Unreal Engine Abandoned Fap-Life [28-01-2019] [Likkezg]

4.40 star(s) 9 Votes

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Yeah, using half life was just asking for legac actions some point down the road.

Premise sounds promising and the guy is talented, lookin forward to it :)

fav559

Apr 26, 2018
The game immediately became one of many, due to a change in the Half-life theme. Alyx is one of the sexiest characters. And there are still no games with her. It was a highlight among all the games, it was supposed to be. Now this is just one of the games. Very sorry...

D

Deleted member 809283

Oh man... While I understand why it's done and don't complain, I still wish NSFW Devs would focus on the NSFW.
I don't give a shit about the story or "lovecraftian inspired theme" if I just want to whack off. But then again I'm probably in the minority here seeing as VNs are ultra successful and I don't particularly enjoy them or their stories.
All this means is it's gonna be delayed even more, and judging from past experience with this particular dev, there might not be any demos or releases inbetween the finished thing and now. I'll see y'all in 2022.

stone14725

Jan 1, 2018
The game immediately became one of many, due to a change in the Half-life theme. Alyx is one of the sexiest characters. And there are still no games with her. It was a highlight among all the games, it was supposed to be. Now this is just one of the games. Very sorry...
I'm 90% sure than in the future you will be able to customize the protagonist to be identical to alice.

Androinz

Jun 17, 2019
Well, if you can negotiate with Valve so they don't kill this game in the future i am sure Likkezg will be happy to continue with Half Life theme.

Tho "Alice" still looks like Alyx with better graphics and i am sure there will be multiple options for PC. They also probably gonna keep the game as it is in core, maybe just make changes like altering Headcrab model and call it something else so it doesn't look like completely identical but you can still say that it is a Headcrab.

sassy_mendigo

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder how much he will change. Alice and Alyx are virtually the same, but if he starts changing models and everything else we gonna setback some good months of development.

Honestly, I don't understand this fixation with the story, especially if Fap-Life was supposedly to be an Alyx prequel but now he won't do because Valve already did? Who cares, this isn't canon, it doesn't matter.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I wonder how much he will change. Alice and Alyx are virtually the same, but if he starts changing models and everything else we gonna setback some good months of development.
From what I understood they already changed the models a while back. At least I know that the current version of the MC doesn't resemble Alyx any more.

DareDev1

Jun 21, 2019
is hard to say, because the creator (theoretically) keeps adding tons of new stuff, since he doesn't have any planned release dates.
So there is no another update since january 2019? does he still working on the game or just forgotten? I just see he release animations weekly thats what I know from rule34

Reactions: seriiuo

-Hellfire-

Jun 28, 2017
FFS just discovered this and First REAL NSFW game with Alyx..But nope NVM...god damn it i waited so god damn long...RIP my high hopes..

The new "Story changes" looks lame imo so..im out,for others..have fun!

sassy_mendigo

Oct 31, 2017
FFS just discovered this and First REAL NSFW game with Alyx..But nope NVM...god damn it i waited so god damn long...RIP my high hopes..

The new "Story changes" looks lame imo so..im out,for others..have fun!
Don't worry, brother. Alyx will probably still be playable just like Quiet is a skin to her. I've heard that there is third parties that I will mod this game to add 2B for example. Honestly, I have much more fun playing with Quiet than Alyx.

Unless you are upset that they threw away the HL setting, tough luck I guess.

dw9000

Nov 27, 2017
Don't worry, brother. Alyx will probably still be playable just like Quiet is a skin to her. I've heard that there is third parties that I will mod this game to add 2B for example. Honestly, I have much more fun playing with Quiet than Alyx.

Unless you are upset that they threw away the HL setting, tough luck I guess.
Unreal 4... Wouldn't doubt Half life setting will return, as the older version is still out there and the assets can be pulled and re used... just probably will need coding tweaks here and there -no i am not saying i will do this but it's there if someone really wants to bring it back... with permission from the creator-

4.40 star(s) 9 Votes