VN Ren'Py Far-Off Friends [v0.7] [FFCreations]

2.90 star(s) 35 Votes

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
It's so frustrating that the girls don't look the MC in the eyes (they don't look at the camera)

multiplex1

Sep 4, 2019
there were some things wrong with the dialogue.
screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png

This part goes from Melissa to MC and then back to Melissa. How did that happen?

Also the grammer is off in some of the dialogue.
screenshot0001.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kingc123

multiplex1

Sep 4, 2019
When I use the chapters option; it always goes back to the default name instead of the chosen name. Can someone explain this issue?

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
So the renders are exceptional in this one (except for the already-mentioned issue of most of the girls never looking at the first-person 'camera' and thus looking like they're avoiding Jason's eyes). Not surprising, given how good the renders were in The Other Game... But the writing is very, very frustrating, and after two updates, I think it's bad enough to give the game a pass no matter how good the renders look. Jason is not the main character of this story, and it sucks that we're stuck in his POV instead of the POV of someone who will actually do anything.

Since the game is still early, I'm posting this reaction here instead of as a review because I'm going to go into details, and because I don't want to impact the game's rating while it's only on the second update.

Also, this got reeeeeeallly long-winded, so I'll split it up into spoilered sections. Feel free to ignore if desired, since this is just my opinion, though I've read a lot of posts here that echo my experience in various ways.

(Only spoilery thing here is ISPOILER'd)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(Two dialog lines which are in an ISPOILER)

A good snapshot to underscore Jason's lack of agency is that there is a title drop in Chapter 1... And it's said by Melissa about Meredith Pearce. So the literal title drop of the game has nothing whatsoever to do with Jason or any of HIS Far-Off Friends. Because this game isn't about Jason, he just happens to be watching it.

I don't like Erika, and I generally hate femprotag games, but this game would be significantly more interesting with Erika as the POV character instead of Jason, because at least she has some agency, makes decisions, and actually DOES things. Hell, even Stacy would be a better POV character, even though I'd never play it due to femprotag and bitchy-but-submissive MC.

(Minor Spoiler for early Chapter 2, though since it's not a choice, it doesn't much matter)

(A bit of a spoiler for Chapters 1-2, but since the choice doesn't make a difference, neither does the spoiler)

(A bunch of direct spoilers for various events throughout Chapters 1-2 here.)

Last edited:

NoI'mDirtyDan

Oct 14, 2017
Is this one of those games where I'm gonna be forced to date and fuck chicks I don't give a shit about, cause it already looks like it is forcing me with the old chick.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
No incest?
There's no sex at all yet beyond a 'peeping on nudity' scene and an 'accidental topless' scene, so, no. There are some hints at possible future secret incest (as in, the participants don't know it's incest until after consummation), but until the writer says yes, assume no.

Boogg

Apr 21, 2022
Is it me or did this update just drone on forever? The Detectives club scene became a clickety-click fast pass for me and about half of the dinner with Melissa was as well. Things got off to a good start in the initial release but this update is a snooze fest. I am not talking about the lack of sex either. I don't mind a slow burn when the story moves along at a good pace but this release just ground to a screeching halt. I swear the worlds strongest man could pull a freight train with his teeth the distance of a football field before we could get through all of that pointless dialog.

Ugh.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
forgot that i had this too on my playlist, liked 1st episode so will play this and later eps too.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
DOA? There was an update for it last month.
I suspect that xenoman is just reading the negative comments here, and probably hasn't even played the game.

The developers completed their last game, although not to everyone's satisfaction, so they are likely to continue this one unless their Patronage drops significantly.

We'll have to see how this one fares. It's good enough for me to continue my support.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: hawk784563
2.90 star(s) 35 Votes