VN Ren'Py Far-Off Friends [v0.7] [FFCreations]

2.90 star(s) 35 Votes

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I suspect that xenoman is just reading the negative comments here, and probably hasn't even played the game.

The developers completed their last game, although not to everyone's satisfaction, so they are likely to continue this one unless their Patronage drops significantly.

We'll have to see how this one fares. It's good enough for me to continue my support.
Wait FF is completed? Why does it still show "On Hold" tag? Guess, I missed it being finished.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Wait FF is completed? Why does it still show "On Hold" tag? Guess, I missed it being finished.
Technically, it wasn't quite finished. There were a couple of more endings they wanted to do. However...

Here is the last update post for Freeloading Family from Patreon:

V0.31 Status Update

Hello everyone.

I wanted to give you all an update on the next release for FF. I have not been able to contact Val (the writer) for a while now, which means that the work has gone to somewhat of an halt. I can only assume he has some personal issues that needs to be dealt with.

Until I can figure out how to proceed, there's not much I can do. However, I don't want any patrons to feel unrewarded in their pledge. So I will personally continue work on the next game until I can find a way to resume FF.

With that, I want to be more inclusive with the next project. So I'll post a bunch of different polls here on Patreon that you can vote on that will shape the next game. All the polls will be about what the game should be. For instance what setting, what themes, what perspective and so on and so forth. So if you want to have any input on the next game, then this is definitely the time to vote. I'm also generally available on Discord if you want to give input directly that way.

In case you are confused, Val will not be the writer for the next game. That's why I can work on it while still waiting on Val for FF. Just so that it's perfectly clear that the next game doesn't take priority over FF. To finish FF will always be a top priority.

I know this is bad news for a lot of people and I'm terribly sorry for that. I hope you can understand. As I mentioned previously, I'm generally available on Discord, so if you have any questions you can definitely ask them directly there. Either privately through DMs or simply pinging me on the server.

Thank you for your time.

As you can see, it's been over a year since anyone has heard from the writer of FF (Val), If he hasn't shown up by now, it's extremely unlikely that he ever will. Maybe someone else could take over the writing, but since they are going full-bore on this new VN, I don't know that there is any desire to return to Freeloading Family.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Evidently, back on September 6 of this year, a poster wrote this on the Freeloading Family thread:

The writer of this game just said to FFCreations "I'm back at writing the remaining endings" and now FFC is just waiting for the text :LUL:

I don't know if they have regular communication, would be good to know...

But the developer (FFCreations) immediately replied with this:

Haven't really heard much from him since unfortunately.

So, who knows? :unsure:

damnmalic

May 29, 2021
I don't understand why would anyone choose a sloppy seconds over a virgin. You're talking as if people are not allowed to have their opinion just because you think something is normal 'nowadays'.

Tell you what, this wouldn't have been normal if it wasn't because of these woke people who do whatever shit they want and blame it on past. YOU'RE THE ONE WHO MADE THOSE DECISIONS. NO ONE FORCED YOU TO DO ANYTHING. YOU'RE AT FAULT HERE, NOT YOUR PAST. So I can definitely understand the fixation with virginity.

And many don't like the idea of sharing their love interest even if it happened in the past. Now you might say that there were no feelings involved then but after you meet someone and have feelings for her does it make it better to know that she fucked someone but it was only in past. People don't like to hear about their partner's sexual past and that's because it hurts them that she was jumping on some other's dick before meeting you.

There are people like her who are called sluts. Don't try to tone it down by saying she's carefree, free, confident, mature bla bla bla. These words are just for sugarcoating. Just be blunt and call them sluts. Now, if you think you can have a romantic game with these 'feeling free' girls then you're definitely wrong.

Yeah and? It's a fantasy. Just because you are fucking around doesn't mean you'll have to be fine with anything. That's why open relationship isn't norm now but you never know with these woke people. I won't be surprised if it becomes a norm. It's their life anyways so yeah IDGAF.

Also, any self respecting human being won't give themselves away just like that. They usually wait for that someone special. Maybe your woke surrounding don't care about it but guess what? This world is much larger than your city and there are people who actually fucking care.

It's better to be the only one instead of being the best. Hearing from a slut that I'm the best she had only makes my stomach turn. Being great in bed isn't something to boast about.
Preach!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Brief announcement from the developer on Patreon:

ETA on Far-Off Friends V3

Hello everyone, I just wanted to give you all a quick update on, well the update. We estimate that next version of Far-Off Friends will release sometime next week. We hope you look forward to it!

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Give back the Check or tear it up..??
At present, basically none of the choices you as the player make matter in this game. The result is the same regardless, even though there's a variable tracking whether you do or not.

2.90 star(s) 35 Votes