sexyb83

Jul 26, 2020
Shame the dev changed how the hands worked, like locking onto things. I always thought the way they were before was a plus point for this game.

Softscale

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2021
Shame the dev changed how the hands worked, like locking onto things. I always thought the way they were before was a plus point for this game.
I'm not really happy with the current iteration of it either. I ended up replacing more than I should when switching to this new package, and I'm probably going to mix them a bit for a hybrid solution before the public build - that way I can keep the gravity-grab and general responsiveness/physics handling from this new one, and still have the "softer" fingers the old rig had.

Lindazana

Sep 16, 2018
Any plans to add alternate character species aside from the all-too-common catgirl? I've personally never been a fan/am actively turned off by those with overt fuzz. I'm a feathers or scales kinda gal, maybe a little chitin now and then.

Last edited:

Softscale

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2021
Any plans to add alternate character species aside from the all-too-common catgirl? I've personally never been a fan/am actively turned off by those with overt fuzz. I'm a feathers or scales kinda gal, maybe a little chitin now and then.
Sure. As I've mentioned early in this thread, since the game is still in early development I've been focusing mainly on gameplay features and core mechanics. You can see on my Trello ( ) when the next anthro species (kobold) will be added, and once the "custom character import tool" is done I'll likely be commissioning a bunch more species/characters, since that system will allow me to easily iterate on the existing animations.

I realize that variety is important and currently lacking, but I just have other priorities for the time being.

Reactions: Lindazana
Jun 21, 2021
I'm not really happy with the current iteration of it either. I ended up replacing more than I should when switching to this new package, and I'm probably going to mix them a bit for a hybrid solution before the public build - that way I can keep the gravity-grab and general responsiveness/physics handling from this new one, and still have the "softer" fingers the old rig had.
Ah yeah, the new way it kinda feels like the hands aren't actually quite touching anything which doesn't feel to good.

hashdotbang

Mar 28, 2017
There is a really solid base experience here. Looking forward to trying it again when the non-roomscale VR is implemented. Just a little too clunky to get scenes working right now.

PapaNanners

Nov 15, 2018
Is there are way to launch this in Desktop mode without the game automatically entering into VR? Or am I missing a setting to disable VR?

Softscale

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2021
Is there are way to launch this in Desktop mode without the game automatically entering into VR? Or am I missing a setting to disable VR?
If you've disabled the play mode startup prompt, you can re-enable it in the Preferences options panel, then re-launch the game to change modes.

Without launching the game, you can go to (AppData)/LocalLow/Softscale/FarmD/PlayerData/ and open the profile.json file. Here either change the `playModePrompt` field to `true` to make the startup prompt appear, or change `playMode` to the desired mode (0 = desktop, 1 = VR).

Reactions: PapaNanners

YoungBlooded

Feb 2, 2020
I love how quick this is progressing, though I am waiting for stuff a little more special to COME OUT rather then just stealing this crack for Alpha 3, just gonna be a patient boy and wait this out until 1.0 is fully done.

Okami83

May 23, 2019
I honestly wish you could just use desktop mode in vr too.
wth... I am sure there's a way you could do that with a specific launcher or whatever. Like virtual desktop.
+ my opinion is desktop mode is for desktop and VR is for immersion. But that's just me I suppose.

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
wth... I am sure there's a way you could do that with a specific launcher or whatever. Like virtual desktop.
+ my opinion is desktop mode is for desktop and VR is for immersion. But that's just me I suppose.
Allow me to rephrase.

I want desktop controls while wearing VR headset.

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes