qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
Well, it seems to me that the idea that sharing the extra version right after the release hurts Decent Money (that he loses patrons because of that or at least new people don't become them) has been proven completely and totally wrong. It has been more than two weeks since the extra version was released and there is no extra growth in the number of patron or anything. It is almost exactly the same number as in the previous months when the older updates were released - 1647, 1648 and 1650.
1679561045676.png
Sharing the extra version, no sharing the extra version - zero difference.
So the extra version can be shared in good conscience.

Last edited:

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
Well, it seems to me that the idea that sharing the extra version right after the release hurts Decent Money (that he loses patrons because of that or at least new people don't become them) has been proven completely and totally wrong. It has been more than two weeks since the extra version was released and there is no extra growth in the number of patron or anything. It is almost exactly the same number as in the previous months when the older updates were released - 1647, 1648 and 1650.
View attachment 2488788
So the extra version can be share in good conscience.
Seems to me that the only difference is that you would get the extra version for free as early as possible. Which is I suspect all you really care about. And that is fine, we all see our selves as no 1. But to seriously suggest that the extra version being shared consistently soon after release will have no effect on the developers bottom line long term makes no sense to me. I will say that I think that as of now v 16 extra version of ep3 should have been shared already.

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
Seems to me that the only difference is that you would get the extra version for free as early as possible. Which is I suspect all you really care about. And that is fine, we all see our selves as no 1. But to seriously suggest that the extra version being shared consistently soon after release will have no effect on the developers bottom line long term makes no sense to me. I will say that I think that as of now v 16 extra version of ep3 should have been shared already.
You have only your opinion to prove your point. I have the number. The number of patrons that is not dependent when the extra version is shared. Do you have anything else to show?
By the way, I do have the extra version, so your idea that I'm just asking someone to share it this way is false. And I just shared it with the mods to give it to anyone. I have had it since the first day but decided to wait and see whether it makes the difference. It doesn't. So I'm sharing it.

Last edited:

3nterprise

Jan 20, 2019
View attachment 2488788
So the extra version can be shared in good conscience.
Exactly, because people willing to approach such a business model do not grow like mushrooms after the rain.

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
You have only your opinion to prove your point. I have the number. The number of patrons that is not dependent when the extra version is shared. Do you have anything else to show?
By the way, I do have the extra version. And I just shared it with the mods to give it to anyone. I have had it since the first day but decided to wait and see whether it makes the difference. It doesn't. So I'm sharing it.
Why do you think I give one flying shit if you share the game? I'm just a dumb fan. I have no connection at all with the developer. Share away I don't care. I've shared the game in the past. As I said I think it is well past time that v 16 was shared. I was just refuting your claim that sharing (I'm talking in the first couple of weeks after release) has no effect. Share away.(y)

Reactions: NaaaaaaKaaa

3nterprise

Jan 20, 2019
Why do you think I give one flying shit if you share the game? I'm just a dumb fan. I have no connection at all with the developer. Share away I don't care. I've shared the game in the past. As I said I think it is well past time that v 16 was shared. I was just refuting your claim that sharing (I'm talking in the first couple of weeks after release) has no effect. Share away.(y)
There is no effect, because the number of clients is almost the maximum. I will never approach him for that, just as I am not interested in supporting the way rolls are baked. I want to buy the product and not be an investor. Another thing is that $20 without tax is not an adequate price.

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
I was just refuting your claim that sharing (I'm talking in the first couple of weeks after release) has no effect. Share away.
That what I asked. Refute with something more than just words. Stop the bullshit. For now the extra version for PC isn't available anywhere. So is an android version. No torrents, not Mega links. Nothing.
Not to mention, that the extra version is truly shared when there is a crack that activates the game. Before that the game is not really shared since you cannot play the scenes that make the difference between versions. And there was no crack for sure. I hope you are not gonna "refute" that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3nterprise

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
There is no effect, because the number of clients is almost the maximum. I will never approach him for that, just as I am not interested in supporting the way rolls are baked. I want to buy the product and not be an investor. Another thing is that $20 without tax is not an adequate price.
I think the explanation is even more trivial. People who support the game financially do that because they want to help the development of the game, not because the developer forced them to jump through hoops with different versions, activation codes, etc.
And if the person doesn't want to support the game, or cannot do that because he has no money or lives in a country where Patreon doesn't work, he is not going to pay money to the developer no matter what, extra version or no extra version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paco15

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
That what I asked. Refute with something more than just words. Stop the bullshit. For now the extra version for PC isn't available anywhere. So is an android version. No torrents, not Mega links. Nothing.
No to mention, that the extra version is truly shared when there is a crack that activates the game. Before that the game is not really shared. And there was no crack for sure. I hope you are not gonna "refute" that.
No not going to refute that. This activation thing that he has introduced pissed me off just as much as everyone else. What I was refuting was that sharing the extra version early had no effect on his bottom line. Not every patreon is created equal. Some put in $30 US an update and some put in $1 US per month. Obviously the sooner the extra version is shared the less patreons are in for $30. Posting a graph showing the amount of patreons does not show how much each is paying and so does not show how much an early share of the extra version costs the developer.

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
I also keep getting parsing the script failed on android whenever i start the game.
It loaded once now it cant anymore
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
No not going to refute that. This activation thing that he has introduced pissed me off just as much as everyone else. What I was refuting was that sharing the extra version early had no effect on his bottom line. Not every patreon is created equal. Some put in $30 US an update and some put in $1 US per month. Obviously the sooner the extra version is shared the less patreons are in for $30. Posting a graph showing the amount of patreons does not show how much each is paying and so does not show how much an early share of the extra version costs the developer.
It cannot be known since the developer hided the number (probably doesn't want people to become jeolous). But it seems very unlikely that considering the number of patrons stays the same that there is a significant churning inside the number and people are constantly changing from one tier to another depending on whether the extra version is available. I think most patrons don't even know or care about such forums like this one and whether there is a pirated version available here.

By the way, it can take quite a bit of time for mods to update the first post, so if someone wants to download it right now, here it is, EP3 V16 Extra:
No crack, of course. Cannot help with that.

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
It cannot be known since the developer hided the number (probably doesn't want people to become jeolous). But it seems very unlikely that considering the number of patrons stays the same that there is a significant churning inside the number and people are constantly changing from one tier to another depending on whether the extra version is available. I think most patrons don't even know or care about such forums like this one and whether there is a pirated version available here.

By the way, it can take quite a bit of time for mods to update the first post, so if someone wants to download it right now, here it is, EP3 V16 Extra: Pixeldrain
No crack, of course. Cannot help with that.
I don't know what others are doing but can give you my experience being a patreon of Decent Monkey. In Australian time he generally releases updates anywhere from 10pm to 3am Monday night to Tuesday morning. When he released updates 2 months out of 3 I always had my patreon level at the beginning of the month at $1. Often I did not have time to play an update until the following Friday night. If the extra version was shared before Friday I stayed at $1 and downloaded the update from here. If it wasn't I payed because I was ready to play the new update. Surely I'm not the only one who would wait before going the $30 option.

Cazzo_duro

Jun 30, 2017
The whining about piracy from developers making thousands of dollars a month is so sad and pathetic.
But even more insufferable is their manipulative tactic of portraying themselves as poor victims of "evil supporters" (just the concept itself is ridiculous because it's an oxymoron), who rob them of their meager earnings (which are actually huge).

So, instead of being grateful to all their supporters, including those who share their product, these developers spit in their face, ignoring the fact that

1) those who share are usually the most longstanding and paying customers
2) all analytics show that piracy is a free and very effective boost for the popularity of a product and actually makes its "victims" earn more money in the long run.

However, this kind of developers does not understand these simple facts because they are not driven by passion or dreams but only by short-sighted greed.

3nterprise

Jan 20, 2019
Most creators have 0% business awareness and then cry demagoguery here. All you have to do is hire a business consultant.

Ostego

Jul 30, 2018
Guys, are you realy thinking that keeping ~1500-1600 supporters for last year is a good sign? with 3 great updates (v14->v16).
I'm going to bring a ton of shit on myself right now, but the DM doesn't think about money the way you think about it (why I think so, I won't take it out on general excitement). I agree with him that it's more of a hobby or an inspiration.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Guys, are you realy thinking that keeping ~1500-1600 supporters for last year is a good sign? with 3 great updates (v14->v16).
I'm going to bring a ton of shit on myself right now, but the DM doesn't think about money the way you think about it (why I think so, I won't take it out on general excitement). I agree with him that it's more of a hobby or an inspiration.
I agree 100% I remember the old days when DM had about 2,000 subscribers at the peak and I think the crisis is not over yet. You can call it whatever you want - world turbulence, global crisis, the aftermath of the start of Special Warfare (SWO), but the fact remains that the last three updates have been very good and 1600 is not the number of subscribers our game deserve.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 222 Votes