Burn85

May 25, 2018
Is there a step by step walkthrough? What to do after a prison in the rain? Where to go? Advice, please!
My Monica tried not to be rude. How to get out of the situation with minimal losses?
I do not want to expose her to a terrible fate :(
Sorry for my English :oops:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Since nobody will post a save with the other good ending(not the one where you marry dick) and I can't get it will somebody at least tell me what happens in that ending.
As you want towards the police station for the first interview, you get a phone call saying it's a trap. You turn back and game over, happy ending.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
People who really, really want multiple distinct paths for Monica, based on player choices, need to remember that each path slows down story progression proportionately. This, two story lines proceed at half the rate of one, three at one-third the speed of one, etc. I strongly suspect that those complaining loudest about the lack of major story choice would also be the ones complaining loudest about lack of story development speed.

As it stands, the story's main arc proceeds inevitably, with player choices only affecting what Monica experiences in each of the story stages. This means that the story is, at this stage, preceding at full speed. This is, I believe, the best approach for DM to take, for two reasons:
1) He is looking to add more patrons, and the more story he includes in each update, the better he looks as a client. Any given potential patron is only really going to be interested in one arc (nice or bitch) of the story, so having them be distinct branches halves the amount of content a potential patron sees, and
2) There's only a handful of people, I'd guess, who wouldn't rather the the story progress as quickly as possible to the point where Monica makes the REAL decisions that will affect her future. If we had story choices where (a) Monica loses her money but not her job or her house, (b) Monica loses her money and her job but not her house, or (c) Monica loses her money, her job, and her house, we'd almost all of us choose (c). So, why should DM spend time developing stories around (a) and (b), when he could be moving us towards the point in the story where players really WOULD like their decisions to make a difference?

There are flaws in the game, but I don't think that lack of different story arcs in episode 1 is one of them. Episode 1 is just setting up Monica's problem; interesting decisions will come from how we think Monica should resolve them, not from what we think that they should be.

DM, just keep on doing what you are doing.

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
I'm not sure what game you've been playing but why put choices in a game if they don't affect the outcome? That's just bad. I've always enjoyed games with a great story, so I roll my eyes whenever game developers create a game with potentially branching choices that lead to the same outcome, that's just bad storytelling. It'd be completely different if they had several different story arcs planned and just focused on them one at a time.

pgXIII

Dec 26, 2017
Sorry I guess I worded that badly there is another ending beside the dick one apparently to get it you have to always be nice and find the three items that boost your niceness I want to know what happens in that one

Ragnaroekr

Apr 26, 2017
Sorry I guess I worded that badly there is another ending beside the dick one apparently to get it you have to always be nice and find the three items that boost your niceness I want to know what happens in that one
It's kind of a secret happy ending. When you achieve it, Monica won't go to jail and lives a happily and long life. :)

pgXIII

Dec 26, 2017
It's kind of a secret happy ending. When you achieve it, Monica won't go to jail and lives a happily and long life. :)
Is there any way you can upload a save file with that end because I've been trying to get it so I can see it but I keep failing I dont know what I'm doing wrong but i would really like to see it.

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
sorry if i sound stupid, i just discovered this gem...
how long does it take for an update to drop, one month? two months?

Ragnaroekr

Apr 26, 2017
sorry if i sound stupid, i just discovered this gem...
how long does it take for an update to drop, one month? two months?
Normally, DecentMonkey, the dev, needs 4-5 weeks for an update. It is quite regulary. The next one should be out between the 15th-20th november.

Ragnaroekr

Apr 26, 2017
Is there any way you can upload a save file with that end because I've been trying to get it so I can see it but I keep failing I dont know what I'm doing wrong but i would really like to see it.
I don't have a save right now for the decent path. The trick is to be always nice and decent in every answer you give. And, that's the clue, also find the 3 items, which decrease bitchiness. They are here...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Furuichi Imadori

Larry247

Jul 26, 2017
Just played your game @DecentMonkey .... I am mind blown... The renders are fantastic. I like slow pace because lot of game creators just rush through the story by having dicks flying and banging everything which spoils the entire fun....
I also got teary eyed for the bad end....I mean although she was a bitch most of the times, seeing her struggling with no money and sleeping at random places made me sad.

I am just curious ....What daz model is Monica? She looks amazing.... especially her long legs.

Reactions: Ragnaroekr
3.50 star(s) 221 Votes