Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
You have got to be kidding, right?? At least DM has a schedule. Unlike others who's dev cycles differ on time up to months from each other.

I think ep4 v1 was a week or two later than expected but from memory every other update has been on schedule.
That's true, and in that sense DM compares favorably to many game devs who have a lot of good wishes for an early release of the next update, but then they have a failure and everyone waits twice as long for the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
what's wrong wirh ep 2 its say to wait for future updated to make progress in game
wtf is wrong with this game why i can't lvl up betty and bardie said wait for updated plot wtf
it's not easy to help you
when you not say what quest i try to do
and look in FAQ after a guide with bardie

A whole heap of stuff was cut out due to patreon rules and also to save space.
not in eps2 we have here

Comisar

Nov 11, 2017
WTH just happened? I tried copying the new update over my old game but it just destroyed my game now refusing to launch..
So I deleted the old version and kept the saves but now it feels like I'm in a different game...
Almost everything that I liked is gone including the maid stuff and the secretary joined adventures...
She's all of a sudden in charge of the magazine again and everything is just shit.
It's like every decision I made has been overwritten... This is just !!! I can't even enjoy the content of my old saves as most of my saves now error on me and the rest are just not playable the game taking automatically to the new crap...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Alea iacta est

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
WTH just happened? I tried copying the new update over my old game but it just destroyed my game now refusing to launch..
So I deleted the old version and kept the saves but now it feels like I'm in a different game...
Almost everything that I liked is gone including the maid stuff and the secretary joined adventures...
She's all of a sudden in charge of the magazine again and everything is just shit.
It's like every decision I made has been overwritten... This is just !!! I can't even enjoy the content of my old saves as most of my saves now error on me and the rest are just not playable the game taking automatically to the new crap...
Apparently, you have broken the first commandment of a player playing RenPy games - NEVER overwrite files from a new update over the old and always play from a separately created directory. This is in general. And it is highly desirable that the game was unpacked into a directory located on a non-system partition of the hard disk, to further secure the save files in case of unexpected OS failure and its possible reinstallation. And if in particular, you have not specified neither the N of episode, nor its version, which you play. In general, too few details.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Comisar

Nov 11, 2017
Apparently, you have broken the first commandment of a player playing RenPy games - NEVER overwrite files from a new update over the old and always play from a separately created directory. This is in general. And it is highly desirable that the game was unpacked into a directory located on a non-system partition of the hard disk, to further secure the save files in case of unexpected OS failure and its possible reinstallation. And if in particular, you have not specified neither the N of episode, nor its version, which you play. In general, too few details.

Saves for RenPy games are always stored in 2 different places - in a special directory on the system drive C: and their copy is in the directory where your game is unpacked. Nevertheless, the saves are constantly synchronized and if you inadvertently/negligently in one way or another damaged your save (and even worse, persistent file), then yes, to do something about it will be quite difficult. For those players who want to 100% guarantee the safety of their saves, it is recommended to make a periodic backup of the save files and persistent file in a separate directory on a non-system partition of hdd/ssd.
Yeah that seems way too much work for an adult game... Never had these kind of problems with this game before or RenPy games.
This is just another reason now to delete it. Thank you.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Yeah that seems way too much work for an adult game... Never had these kind of problems with this game before or RenPy games.
There are actually a huge number of adult vn games, particularly those that have been around for several years and contain a huge amount of content. Almost all of them are made in exactly the same way as FB - in the form of independent episodes/chapters/etc, which must be played separately and from different catalogs (dir), but at the same time saves can be used and transferred from ep to ep. Not many people are ready to download distributions over 20-30 GB+ in size. This is not The Witcher or Assassin's Creed and people count on sane distribution sizes. Almost all top and big Adult games like BaDIK are made this "standalone" way and FB is no exception.

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
don't you still have the zip files
if you have just delete what you have now
and extract again and play with your saves

Reactions: Stan5851

Comisar

Nov 11, 2017
There are actually a huge number of adult vn games, particularly those that have been around for several years and contain a huge amount of content. Almost all of them are made in exactly the same way as FB - in the form of independent episodes/chapters/etc, which must be played separately and from different catalogs (dir), but at the same time saves can be used and transferred from ep to ep. Not many people are ready to download distributions over 20-30 GB+ in size. This is not The Witcher or Assassin's Creed and people count on sane distribution sizes. Almost all top and big Adult games like BaDIK are made this "standalone" way and FB is no exception.
Relax guy, nobody is calling you a liar. You're talking about your experiences and I'm talking about mine. it's conceivable that experiences may vary...

3.50 star(s) 226 Votes