XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Failed to load: img/picturesMap%20Test2.png for many random encounters.
The game doesn't have random encounters. Are you playing the compressed version by any chance?
Where exactly is this happening?

I did some testing and I can't locate the error in the current version of the game.
img/picturesMap%20Test2.png technically a Map Test2.png that isn't even in the current version so I assume you overwrote an old version of the game with the current one. Just copy Map Test and rename it to Map Test2.png and everything should work fine.

Last edited:

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Random Encounters - things you run into walking around the map like the mosquito's in the forest.
Random Encounters - A random encounter is a feature commonly used in various role-playing games whereby combat encounters with non-player character (NPC) enemies or other dangers occur sporadically and at random, usually without the enemy being physically detected beforehand.
We don't have those. Anyway, the bug cannot be replicated. Tested in both the compressed and normal windows version.
The fix I mentioned earlier will still work. Go to the game's folder/img/pictures and copy Map Test.png and rename the copy to Map Test2.png.
The error most likely occurred when you overwrote an older version of the game. The Map test2.png isn't in this versions assets nor is it used in any game script.

Reactions: superior62111213

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
Random Encounters - A random encounter is a feature commonly used in various role-playing games whereby combat encounters with non-player character (NPC) enemies or other dangers occur sporadically and at random, usually without the enemy being physically detected beforehand.
We don't have those. Anyway, the bug cannot be replicated. Tested in both the compressed and normal windows version.
The fix I mentioned earlier will still work. Go to the game's folder/img/pictures and copy Map Test.png and rename the copy to Map Test2.png.
The error most likely occurred when you overwrote an older version of the game. The Map test2.png isn't in this versions assets nor is it used in any game script.
I used saves from .4 but the installation is a complete fresh installation on another drive then I previously had it before. I had already done what you proposed doing before I posted. I merely posted to inform you that the error had happened.

Reactions: XforU

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I used saves from .4 but the installation is a complete fresh installation on another drive then I previously had it before. I had already done what you proposed doing before I posted. I merely posted to inform you that the error had happened.
Thank you for the feedback! I'll try to fix it so things like that don't happen further down the line.
I assume the fix worked in that case, so this information really does help. I'll put the copy in for future releases just in case.

ArulCfx

Sep 4, 2020
go to Fate of Horingar WIN\Primary\js\plugins and check if FOSSIL.js is present.
If it's not there, check your anti-virus to see if its quarantined (I checked the file, its clean) .
What version of the game are you playing? (Mac/Win)
i check fossil.js and there it is, i play the win version (compressed btw) on joiplay

• Sad
Reactions: XforU

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
i check fossil.js and there it is, i play the win version (compressed btw) on joiplay
Could be an issue with Joiplay, Fossil is the reason why the Android version has issues packing so my guess is it can't properly run on joiplay.
I'll look for a way to remove fossil in the future and release a working APK myself but until then I guess it won't run through emulators as well. Sorry about that :(

• Sad
Reactions: ArulCfx

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone know where the wooden sword is?
It drops from bandits with a super low drop rate but after I reduced the mobs its almost impossible to get... Drop rate is increased and the item has been added to a vendor in the next patch (patch will be uploaded here tomorrow).

Reactions: jos_kill

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Fate of Horingar [v0.6.5] [XforU] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.
Updated the compression, its a very dirty one now. No guarantee it works, but there should be at least all files now.

Win [956 MB]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Hello, can someone help me? Why I always get this black background evertime I play RPG MZ games?

View attachment 3076134
As far as I know a few things might be causing this issue.

1. Compression
  2. Outdated PC/graphics drivers
  3. Anti-virus software
  4. Old NW.js version

What I'd suggest you try is downloading the latest version of NW.js from the official website - or github.
Since no one else is having this issue and you've had it with multiple games.
If it works please let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: kalebkk637

Shaun@121

Aug 11, 2021
I played this in joiplay and disable the fossil plugin so it start and when i go to blacksmith and then try to open the item section it shows this
Any idea ? Screenshot_2023-11-11-14-47-44-491_cyou.joiplay.joiplay.jpg

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Cant open the game. Failed to load error. Any suggestion? :)
Will see later what I can do. The compression probably broke the game.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 7 Votes