VN Ren'Py Fates Collide [v0.4b] [KatanaVN]

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes

KatanaVN

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
I started playing this game today and it's look very good, except MC hair wig. :ROFLMAO:
I dont mind good dating sim, there aren't many of them.

One thing confuse me:
"You can pursue multiple girls at once, but in later stages you might miss some scenes due to that.
What the point to pursue multiple girls, if it's not harem game? So should I just ignore or be rude to other girls, so i dont miss scenes with my LI? Like with the first girl I met at a burger place.
I am still relatively noobish with this site and my English isn't so good, so keep that in mind. With that I wanted to say that it doesn't lock you out yet (in ep 2.5) from any paths if you don't pursue a certain girl from day 1, like there are no path locking choices yet. Only thing you might lose so far if avoiding girls is certain scenes due to relationship points missing.

I have a couple of questions. What's the point of having side girls, if if it's not a harem game, and will individual LI routes be worth to replay? Wouldn't it spoil other playthroughs or make it feel samey?
I... Just like having side girls that won't have their stories developed as much, just like in other games. :unsure:

for christ sake i saw you play senna husband with dark harvest, are you out of your mind?
Some say I gained wisdom in Bronze and Iron ranked queue, so mere mortals cannot understand such strategies.

Armstrong

May 11, 2017
I am still relatively noobish with this site and my English isn't so good, so keep that in mind. With that I wanted to say that it doesn't lock you out yet (in ep 2.5) from any paths if you don't pursue a certain girl from day 1, like there are no path locking choices yet. Only thing you might lose so far if avoiding girls is certain scenes due to relationship points missing.
Good to know. I hope it will be obvious when you choose the girl and it will lock you from other girls.
Can't wait to see new update. ;)

Reactions: KatanaVN

kcinnay2

Jul 19, 2018
I'm really not far into the game but damn I love the music so far.

So from here on out it will be a bit of thought collection about the game.
First of all, I really like it so far, am not that far in, I don't know how far tbh but so far so good.

But ...

1. Maybe it's just me but don't use too many of these sound effects and pop culture references, nobody talks like that, I mean yes it's a game but also, my ears. The sound effects can be a bit loud, especially when they contrast a rather quiet music.

So I'm done with the game so far and I don't know what it is but I'm a really big fan. Hopefully updates come frequently and they are big enough.
I like the characters so far and even though it might be a tad generic for some so far, I don't mind it one bit for once.

Last edited:
Reactions: marloskyS

w123t4

May 26, 2019
Seems there were some IT problem happened, so it needs to redo as the mod and app were corrupted? I think the image quality will be affected as you changed to use laptop to develop the game and need to redo it in the future when you change back to pc.

rafaaa

Apr 8, 2022
Renders are good and story is good and easy to understand and at same time there is some mystery. Each girl has different personalities,the choices have impact on the story and the relation with the girls,hope there is more choices to choose (instead of 2 to have 3) in the next updates,the girls arent slutty like that you need to build a relation with them. The game has potential if the dev continues with a good story and with more choices.

dgiriyftes

Dec 24, 2021
Wonderful game, the interactions with the girls made me feel warm inside. They felt very realistic. Loved the more down to earth setting and slower pace.

Reactions: kcinnay2

w123t4

May 26, 2019
So how much content is the 0.5 update from 0.25 to 0.3? Just only the party to finish the chapter or a whole new chapter update? Is it larger than the update of 0.25/0.1 if you compare to 0.3 with them? Do we need to start a new save? Almost forgot the story from my last time playing. :ROFLMAO:

w123t4

May 26, 2019
Important notice/old saves not working

Unfortunately, even though I've been trying to fix the last almost 24 hours, due to both big mistakes I've done previously in earlier releases, and overall small story flow/proofreading improvements that this new release is receiving (for ep1 and ep2 content too), many saves are NOT compatible.

As Beta testers have pointed out, there is quite a few spots where they break, and unlike in some games where a simple rollback/ignore fixes it, it doesn't work here. Something got corrupted that is above my levels of fixing knowledge.

Considering I am not willing to revert to the old scripts as they were, as there are quite a few things the game didn't record (for example I didn't have the game record if you went with Koko or Avis on episode 2 when you meet the thug ), I decided that unfortunately, a saves restart is needed.
I am fully aware that this isn't favorable by many, as this isn't the first time a restart was required. However, due to how badly Beta broke/corrupted the saves, I'll do quite a few fixes and changes till the next tier gets its release(Tequila tier on Monday), and I'll also try to update the game to newer Renpy while at it.

The old plan was to have Episode 3>Episode 4>Episode 4.5 (ep2 renders rework + code/gui/renpy improvements), however, instead I will do many of the simpler changes I planned for 4.5 now, so even when the ep 4.5 comes with the renders etc. rework, the games save files should be compatible.
This won't influence the current timetable for releases, and if there are any further fixes from Tequila>Public release I'll let those tiers know. Thank you for reading and patience, and so sorry for the inconvenience.

At the moment I am very busy fixing and improving everything in ep1/2 scripts that I can think of before Tequila release, and I can already see huge improvements. Apologies to the Beta testers as they'll need to replay the game again, and even though shit happens in beta's, this wasn't my prediction at all.

P.s. for patrons, there will be a very important poll tomorrow. Due to the big changes I am doing much sooner than initially planned, I will also give a name to the MC! I've initially planned this for 4.5, but seeing as I am making the script improvements now, there is no reason why not to do it too.

Replay the game nomatter what as I am already forgot what was the story saying in the last update:ROFLMAO:

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
The game is pretty good but I hope it won't be another game where a student fights gangsters or against corruption instead of focusing on actual student life.

Reactions: AnonW123
4.60 star(s) 59 Votes