VN Ren'Py Fates Collide [v0.4b] [KatanaVN]

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes
Oct 10, 2019
As much as I aggree that a harem would improve the game greatly I also feel like if the dev finally surrenders and adds it in it is just going to be half assed and unfullfilling because the dev just made it to shut peapole up,
so even if I like it the harem needs to have the same care put into it as the rest of the game and that simply is not possible if the dev does not care or want it

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
Hear me out: i hate games like this. so it's not a harem, i can live with that.:unsure: if i try real hard. besides there is usually One girl that stands out in these kind of games.:whistle::cool: but then there is this one where the first LI to show is wonderful and hell , why even bother with the others.:) y'know and then Avis shows and like, meh she not my type. BUT with good writing OH SHIT, Maybe she is My Type! :sneaky::devilish:. and so it goes... one after the other until i'm sweatin bullets on who to choose and DAMN IT !! WHY Isn't This a Harem?!?!?
Look i'll keep playing. but i'm Not happy. first for the above and more because i have to wait till it's done!!!
this rrreally is turning into a bit of a masterpiece
of simp frustration. (boomer here; not sure i used the right 'slang'...'Simp'???) :alien::geek:

i guess it does insure replayablity....

Last edited:
Reactions: wolflagang

Mogrim665

Nov 11, 2017
I sometimes think I am way to high when I play these games. Then I read a shirt in game that says "SAVE WATER DRINK SPERM" and know that the developer is really the one that is to high while having involvement with this game. Good job.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
After some thought, I removed it. You can pursue multiple girls for quite some time (even in many future episodes), but considering the amount of choices and that you might miss some scenes due to them I opted to remove it. Not to mention the very ending isn't harem planned, at least not atm.
There are quite a few questionable "harem" tagged games here and I would rather prefer it safe with tags than betray people's expectations of that tag. Hopefully this answers your question.
*edit: I guess making a mistake and admitting to it is facepalmable. Sorry for being inexperienced here.
I wanted to come back to this, even though it is an older post.
It's no harem, and it's not quite clear how long we can go after more than one LI, but I was wondering if you have considered any form of a polyamory route?
MC with two or maybe even three girls in one relationship can be just as great as a full harem, especially if done well, and of course it has the advantage of being actually possible.
I could see some pairings working, but ofc ultimately it's up to you and hence me bringing up this old post.

And I'm sorry if this has already been answered, I tried a few searches, but nothing came up.

Reactions: crayen

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
this game is shaping up into something great! gj

but yea too bad theres no harem, there is so many girls no way ill replay the whole thing for each.
As much as I aggree that a harem would improve the game greatly I also feel like if the dev finally surrenders and adds it in it is just going to be half assed and unfullfilling because the dev just made it to shut peapole up,
so even if I like it the harem needs to have the same care put into it as the rest of the game and that simply is not possible if the dev does not care or want it
I agree with Lebeaubrun and it's a problem I have with most of this type of games.
So many possible LIs, and you normally would need a playthrough for each, even if skipping to the choices and only reading where they differ, that would take a lot of time and I actually experienced the frustration over this, while playing the new version.
I stopped after the first playthrough going after Avis, took a long break, did a second playthrough, didn't want to start another one and then ended up with stopping halfway through my third playthrough.
And that is just for replaying the game thrice for the current version, I don't even want to imagine how it will be later on.

I agree that if a dev adds a harem route, they don't really want, it will probably not be as good as the rest of the game, what would be great though would be some alternatives, like adding at least one or two polyamory routes and most definitely make it so that the routes diverge much later on.
Instead of constantly having to choose between girls, all options could be available up to a point, or at least the option to pursue every single girl should stay open until most of the story has played through.

The older I get, the less time I have for this type of entertainment, the more I find myself just stopping to play games that involve several repetitive playthroughs. Yeah, obviously I also don't enjoy most rogue-likes.

Reactions: wolflagang

KatanaVN

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
Considering there seems to be some incorrect information portrayed, might as well chime in.

As previously said, it's not a harem, but considering all this is this the very, very early stages of the game, I made it intentionally so you don't lose on any of the routes yet. Not having maxed relationship points and going only for one character barely results in any losses for the other characters so far. Only loss is related to Raiko, where to get absolutely everything you do need higher points, but that's just her swimsuit shop scene. Nothing more.

Unless you keep pressing all the wrong choices and lose point on every step, that's on you :LUL:.

And if even with that it's still too burdensome to play, apologies, but that's how this game was intended to be made. This game is more in line with some Daz games than the usual HS games, as HS games are heavily in favor of harem and limited choices (at least from the quite a few I tried). If playing choice heavy Daz games isn't your thing, this won't be either.

Edit: For the comments about the saves not working, apologies once again. To be honest, I still have to fully understand what can and can't break the saves, as for example even my WT mod for some forced people to restart. I'll try to figure it out till next release ^^

Last edited:

bl00gs

Jun 10, 2018
sooo uhhh..... i just got this warning from my antivirus
Category: Data Protector
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Status,Program Path,Program Name,Date & Time,Action Observed,Target
27/10/2022 23:45:12,High,Data Protector blocked a suspicious action by FatesCollide.exe,Action Blocked,No Action Required,Action Blocked,C:\Users\links.DESKTOP-3TTASH5\Downloads\FatesCollide-0.3-pc\FatesCollide-0.3-pc\FatesCollide.exe,FatesCollide.exe,27/10/2022 23:45:12,Suspicious process attempted to lock a file protected by Data Protector,C:\Windows\INF\input.inf

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Considering there seems to be some incorrect information portrayed, might as well chime in.

As previously said, it's not a harem, but considering all this is this the very, very early stages of the game, I made it intentionally so you don't lose on any of the routes yet. Not having maxed relationship points and going only for one character barely results in any losses for the other characters so far. Only loss is related to Raiko, where to get absolutely everything you do need higher points, but that's just her swimsuit shop scene. Nothing more.

Unless you keep pressing all the wrong choices and lose point on every step, that's on you :LUL:.

And if even with that it's still too burdensome to play, apologies, but that's how this game was intended to be made. This game is more in line with some Daz games than the usual HS games, as HS games are heavily in favor of harem and limited choices (at least from the quite a few I tried). If playing choice heavy Daz games isn't your thing, this won't be either.
Not being a harem game, and being that I only see one ending, I'm actively losing points with all but one LI. In fact, my intention is to only have the scenes with that LI and no other. So the sooner I end the possibility of the existence of these other routes, the better for me.

• Angry
Reactions: botc76

KatanaVN

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
sooo uhhh..... i just got this warning from my antivirus
Category: Data Protector
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Status,Program Path,Program Name,Date & Time,Action Observed,Target
27/10/2022 23:45:12,High,Data Protector blocked a suspicious action by FatesCollide.exe,Action Blocked,No Action Required,Action Blocked,C:\Users\links.DESKTOP-3TTASH5\Downloads\FatesCollide-0.3-pc\FatesCollide-0.3-pc\FatesCollide.exe,FatesCollide.exe,27/10/2022 23:45:12,Suspicious process attempted to lock a file protected by Data Protector,C:\Windows\INF\input.inf
As people already previously said, false alert. It's most likely due to me making icons for the game now, which for some reason trigger warnings.

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
A renpy vn without harem is a rare find. Even when i find the plot of some harem games interesting ,i cant really take relationships and characters in those games seriously which really affect my enjoyment. Hope the dev doesnt give in to pressure and change his original non-harem plan.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
A renpy vn without harem is a rare find. Even when i find the plot of some harem games interesting ,i cant really take relationships and characters in those games seriously which really affect my enjoyment. Hope the dev doesnt give in to pressure and change his original non-harem plan.
I love harem games because I'm greedy and have trouble choosing between beautiful, interesting girls. Having said that I do enjoy solo path games as well. As far as harem in this game, if we got harem or not I'd still be happy as long as Avis is one of my choices. :love::LOL::love::LOL::love:

Reactions: Lord Grim
Jul 19, 2021
I love harem games because I'm greedy and have trouble choosing between beautiful, interesting girls. Having said that I do enjoy solo path games as well. As far as harem in this game, if we got harem or not I'd still be happy as long as Avis is one of my choices. :love::LOL::love::LOL::love:
If Avis ended up being removed as a choice of LI, there would be Riots in the streets, haha.
in all seriousness i think her place is pretty much as permanent as it can get right now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HogRocket

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
KatanaVN there's a you might want to get removed. Pretty sure the download contains malware.

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes