VN Ren'Py Fates Collide [v0.4b] [KatanaVN]

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes

KatanaVN

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
Well I think Dev's think about "Who Don't Like To Have Multiple Girls with You, Who Don't Like to have Multiple Relationships" and then this almost all harem games happen.

Btw, don't you think it's time for releasing Dates for the Update?
Oh for sure it is.
The dates that I am allowed to share are
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jokes and rude stances aside, not only did my family member pass away and I had funeral to attend, but even without it the scope of this update is simply more than I initially planned. I am actively writing on Discord what's left to do in Ep4 and crossing the things that are done on the list as I go through it.

Naturally I'd love it out sooner, but I am not going to compromise quality to rush it.
And of course I'll update release dates on Patreon/Itchio/Discord when I can guarantee them, as I don't want to make the same mistake with Ep3 where I rushed to meet the dates I set weeks prior and the game was buggy for Beta and Tequila tiers.

KatanaVN

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
Just to make sure as I don't want to be labeled as certain devs with some really small updates after a year :KEK:

Even if I was a full time dev (which I am not/wasn't in this period with my University being a priority), who didn't attend uni in another city, who lived alone and didn't have any other family issues, this update would have taken 7 months. Reasons are simple.

- I broke a total of 2 500 renders (with still a few more to do), which even with my preferences for having a render for literally any head movement would still be more than 2 200 if I didn't do that. For comparison, Episode 3 was quite big, and had 1890 renders btw

- I further improved character looks and fixed any issues I could find

- Will have more animations than previous Episodes and I am learning how to do them (me dumbo)

- Has complete remade gallery system and will feature an ending point screen too (did I mention me dumbo? Literally had to ask other devs for help :LUL:)

- Even further improvements to the code (Kat and not using defaults), such as script and sounds (finally sound channels woop), also GUI changes

So yeah, while I explained all of these on my usual platforms, I am aware it probably wasn't mentioned much here, or many might simply ignore. It is the biggest update and took time for reasons.

xyzyzyz

Feb 13, 2021
Don't you think it's time for you to give the dev a reason to care?

Also, the dev has already said updates will come when updates come, and not on a schedule, so by asking such a question, you're pretty much proving that you either A) don't pay attention, or B) are not supporting the game. Either way, mind your bees wax and enjoy The List™
Are You For Real ? Man, I am just Asking Timeline for Update, Don't You Think That People should know about - expected wait time for Update.
Oh for sure it is.
The dates that I am allowed to share are

Jokes and rude stances aside, not only did my family member pass away and I had funeral to attend, but even without it the scope of this update is simply more than I initially planned. I am actively writing on Discord what's left to do in Ep4 and crossing the things that are done on the list as I go through it.

Naturally I'd love it out sooner, but I am not going to compromise quality to rush it.
And of course I'll update release dates on Patreon/Itchio/Discord when I can guarantee them, as I don't want to make the same mistake with Ep3 where I rushed to meet the dates I set weeks prior and the game was buggy for Beta and Tequila tiers.
Just to make sure as I don't want to be labeled as certain devs with some really small updates after a year :KEK:

Even if I was a full time dev (which I am not/wasn't in this period with my University being a priority), who didn't attend uni in another city, who lived alone and didn't have any other family issues, this update would have taken 7 months. Reasons are simple.

- I broke a total of 2 500 renders (with still a few more to do), which even with my preferences for having a render for literally any head movement would still be more than 2 200 if I didn't do that. For comparison, Episode 3 was quite big, and had 1890 renders btw

- Will have more animations than previous Episodes and I am learning how to do them (me dumbo)

- Has complete remade gallery system and will feature an ending point screen too (did I mention me dumbo? Literally had to ask other devs for help :LUL:)

- Even further improvements to the code (Kat and not using defaults), such as script and sounds (finally sound channels woop), also GUI changes

So yeah, while I explained all of these on my usual platforms, I am aware it probably wasn't mentioned much here, or many might simply ignore. It is the biggest update and took time for reasons.
Man I have been following your Patreon and I knew about your University & Life Stuff but didn't knew about Family Member passing away. Man, this is happening lately to quite a few devs. Radondy & some other dev had Similar Issues. NiiChan & World of Sisters Dev had undergone Surgeries as well. Something is happening to some devs lately. Like You, Evermore Dev Prometheus didn't had time due to something happening in his life lately, and F95 decided to abandon the game but dev just recently released the new game. The point to tell all this is you are not alone. Just share it on patreon as well. And as players, we expect timeline as some games have it. School of Love:Clubs Game Dev used to release game once in 6-8 months, Agent17 Game Dev Hexatail used to release game once in 7-9 months but the dev told that game will take that much time considering their current situation and no. of patrons , so players were ok with it. In similar way, I was asking about how much time like 2 - 2.5 - 3 months time from now for the new update ?

And a dev tip:-

Since I am also a dev, I know it can be quite frustating to satisfying every patrons need and solving player's problems, what should be the right way of working on updates is to -

✓ Make Enough Content at first before remaking renders.

✓ Make Enough Content at first before changing anything like gallery scenes and all.

✓ Make Enough Content at first before considering what to add and what to remake from patron votes.

Usually 8-10 Updates of the game can be enough for taking these things into consideration as players get enough content for gameplay. If these things are done before that then you are bound to get extra load (stress sometimes) about polishing renders , remaking renders , redoing story and choices, not enough time for completing things before deadline and makes it more time consuming.

That's all what I wanted to Say.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Simpgor

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
Well I think Dev's think about "Who Don't Like To Have Multiple Girls with You, Who Don't Like to have Multiple Relationships" and then this almost all harem games happen.

Btw, don't you think it's time for releasing Dates for the Update?
Creating multiple routes is more work/time as well and a lot of people who play these would rather move on to the next game/vn than play through multple times for each route.

xyzyzyz

Feb 13, 2021
Creating multiple routes is more work/time as well and a lot of people who play these would rather move on to the next game/vn than play through multple times for each route.
Yep but maybe that's what dev wants. In reality, not everyone can have harem & not all games have multiple routes. That's the reason, maybe going with this approach be worth it.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
liking this game so far...the nightclub thing was more complicated that I'd like but I have my favourite girls so went the suggested routes for them.

One question though, is there ever going to be a way to see how well you are doing with each girl (or any of the other characters)?

Mr.Froggy

Apr 6, 2019
Well the game look good so far, one thing i wanna ask after reading the dev updates over the game in the comments is...
will u gonna change how avis look in the future update ? cause i really like her current look. Hope shes gonna stay that way till the games complete :)

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
I know there's no incest in the game, but any chance you'll ever add it? I'm actually not talking about MC incest, but potentially some sisters you can have a 3some with...maybe some twincest? something along those lines? Facepalms incoming...

Edit: by sisters I mean 2 sisters who aren't related to MC.

Last edited:

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I know there's no incest in the game, but any chance you'll ever add it? I'm actually not talking about MC incest, but potentially some sisters you can have a 3some with...maybe some twincest? something along those lines? Facepalms incoming...

xyzyzyz

Feb 13, 2021

Are You For Real ? Man, I am just Asking Timeline for Update, Don't You Think That People should know about - expected wait time for Update.

Man I have been following your Patreon and I knew about your University & Life Stuff but didn't knew about Family Member passing away. Man, this is happening lately to quite a few devs. Radondy & some other dev had Similar Issues. NiiChan & World of Sisters Dev had undergone Surgeries as well. Something is happening to some devs lately. Like You, Evermore Dev Prometheus didn't had time due to something happening in his life lately, and F95 decided to abandon the game but dev just recently released the new game. The point to tell all this is you are not alone. Just share it on patreon as well. And as players, we expect timeline as some games have it. School of Love:Clubs Game Dev used to release game once in 6-8 months, Agent17 Game Dev Hexatail used to release game once in 7-9 months but the dev told that game will take that much time considering their current situation and no. of patrons , so players were ok with it. In similar way, I was asking about how much time like 2 - 2.5 - 3 months time from now for the new update ?

And a dev tip:-

Since I am also a dev, I know it can be quite frustating to satisfying every patrons need and solving player's problems, what should be the right way of working on updates is to -

✓ Make Enough Content at first before remaking renders.

✓ Make Enough Content at first before changing anything like gallery scenes and all.

✓ Make Enough Content at first before considering what to add and what to remake from patron votes.

Usually 8-10 Updates of the game can be enough for taking these things into consideration as players get enough content for gameplay. If these things are done before that then you are bound to get extra load (stress sometimes) about polishing renders , remaking renders , redoing story and choices, not enough time for completing things before deadline and makes it more time consuming.

That's all what I wanted to Say.
Thanks for sharing on patreon.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

Edit: by sisters I mean 2 sisters who aren't related to MC.
Hey, I don't disagree with you at all. I just didn't want you to be disappointed by not getting any facepalms. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Is this game a dead? I just realised that it has almost been a year since last update.
I am not very optimistic about development of this game.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Is this game a dead? I just realised that it has almost been a year since last update.
I am not very optimistic about development of this game.
I don't know when we can expect the next update, but Katana post regularly on his Discord. So it'll show up eventually.

cucubau111

Jan 24, 2019
Excellent game! Really good writing and a lot of amazing girls.

I don't know if the dev is active here, but we need to be able to name saves. I am already struggling to choose between Koko and Raiko, and the two models I find the most visually attractive (cop and mobster[?]) haven't had significant content yet. It goes without saying that one playthrough will not be enough.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Reactions: Elhemeer

KatanaVN

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
Excellent game! Really good writing and a lot of amazing girls.

I don't know if the dev is active here, but we need to be able to name saves. I am already struggling to choose between Koko and Raiko, and the two models I find the most visually attractive (cop and mobster[?]) haven't had significant content yet. It goes without saying that one playthrough will not be enough.

Looking forward to seeing more!
Insert sweating emoji.
Ummm isn't it working already? Pretty sure Ep3 already had naming, unless you playing on Android in which case I had to disable it because I heard it causes issues with keyboard not being able to go away. :HideThePain:

cucubau111

Jan 24, 2019
Insert sweating emoji.
Ummm isn't it working already? Pretty sure Ep3 already had naming, unless you playing on Android in which case I had to disable it because I heard it causes issues with keyboard not being able to go away. :HideThePain:

LOL, I haven't noticed it. Even checked again before posting here to make sure I didn't miss it, and it didn't pop into my line of sight. Too bad you can't code it to grab people by their collar and give them a couple of slaps when they fail to notice it, that way idiots like me would not embarrass themselves. :HideThePain:

My bad!:)

PS. Is that girl with the back tattoo a possible LI? She is not in the banner and in the gallery.

KatanaVN

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
LOL, I haven't noticed it. Even checked again before posting here to make sure I didn't miss it, and it didn't pop into my line of sight. Too bad you can't code it to grab people by their collar and give them a couple of slaps when they fail to notice it, that way idiots like me would not embarrass themselves. :HideThePain:

My bad!:)

PS. Is that girl with the back tattoo a possible LI? She is not in the banner and in the gallery.
Nope!
Not a LI/main LI, only those 7 from the banner ^^

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Insert sweating emoji.
I THINK he said it's working for him, but it's definitely working on my PC.

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes