VN Ren'Py Fates Collide [v0.4b] [KatanaVN]

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
"No-ish" kind of means the same thing as "harem-ish" (halfway point between the two?:unsure:). So "harem-ish" could mean that you can have all the girls except one? Half the girls?. Works for me. :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
"No-ish" to me means "I don't think so, but I'm not sure, and there may be throuples or more, but you asked a one-word question, so I gave a one-word answer."

baguetteEnjoyer

Apr 4, 2022
"No-ish" kind of means the same thing as "harem-ish" (halfway point between the two?:unsure:). So "harem-ish" could mean that you can have all the girls except one? Half the girls?. Works for me. :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
well tbh at the beggining of the game it says the game doesn't have a harem but there's not that many scenes yet. game's a big of a slow burn (good IMO, specially because the dialogue is pretty good). i missed some scenes and had to replay skipping the repeat dialogue but i dont know if it's cause i made some bad choices or because i some routes are incompatible

ChadFast

Jul 19, 2021
I don't believe it's abandoned. In fact if you scroll up maybe 5 or 6 posts you'll see an update from the dev and it looks like the next release should be soon-ish.

scumpy

May 29, 2021
Good game but the amount of content given the play time feels pretty minimal, hoping it picks up. Otherwise nice. :)

Reactions: ChadFast

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Ooh ... a new item for my list! Nice!!

BTW, you're supposed to say "... the amount of fapping content given ..." There's tons of "content" -- and pretty good content at that.

Reactions: scumpy and FLESHNIK

easykiln

Jul 2, 2017
All the characters are cute, but Avis kinda steals the spotlight. If there's multiple distinct routes, she gets priority. Second choice is STILL her, but trying to see if there's a happy polyamorous threesome with Serena available.

Despite quite liking the game so far, I think I'm going to need to let this one sit for a while. The style of the content is one I feel more pain suffering long interruptions in the middle for.

Reactions: BTungsteno

Moiraine™

Jul 14, 2021
1692117265123.png

Hey guys and girls!

A very important Progress update ahead, so buckle up
Last 2-3 weeks were pretty good, and the game progressed relatively steadily. I did have major issues with Hs2 Studio (for which I asked multiple people for help), and it turned out... The constant crashes and issues I had lately was only happening to me, and only due to how I had my scenes saved, aka in too many folders. The issue made 0 sense, and I lost a total of 2 and a half day, numerous crashes trying to see the cause. (if you by any chance a hs2 dev and your Material Editor freezes your game constantly, that's why)

But hey, I now know this, sooooo... Yay??
Besides that, I also worked on some brand new renders for patreon tiers which I hope both patrons and non-patrons like, for which I spent 2 days.
Removing those 2.5+2 days, the rest was real, solid work, with another new 400 renders.

Which brings me to a good and a bad thing.

The good thing is that this Episode will have by far the most renders. Currently, we are at 2 200 renders (!!) and with one bigger section and one tiny left, that should be around 2 500 total. For comparison, Ep3 had the most before with "only" 1900. Now, I am aware that more than ever I render everything and anything, like small facial changes, and some characters are in same pose for 30 renders, which some might call unnecessary, so you could say the number might not be the same Vs. some other devs. But even so, subtracting 200-300 renders and it's still the biggest update render wise so far.

And that's awesome! The bad side is that I underestimated the amount of renders and work left, because I planned to be done with renders around the 15-16th of August (today). Hell, even this chart above was calculated with 2 000 renders, so now it feels weird adding "5%" to renders when I actually did 400 renders in 2 weeks. If anything, I should be moving the % to 110%

Besides renders, I started some work on other elements too. Only 3 maps remain to be made/setup, I started looking up for more music, and I started with the transitions between pics for whole Episode.

All in all, solid work all around.
And this brings me to the next point. Update when?

Soon. Actually Soon.
This will be the last progress report before Ep4, at least with the usual, lengthy descriptions of work. I might make a quick post when it's about to be ready, but I think just making release dates for the next big announcement is also fine. While it's impossible to release Beta in normal state before the end of month, I do expect it early next month to be ready.

And if you are on Discord, I'll make a post after the main renders are done with everything that's left to do, and I'll be crossing things out one by one once that part is done, so people get the feeling of time/what's remaining.

As always, thank you so much for your patience, and I hope you all getting hyped in our last stage before the finish line. ❤

Thank you and love you all,
Kat <3

P.s. Sneak peeks for Wine and above in few days!

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
no harem right?
It seems it doesn't have harem, so make a few saves to see all the routes

EDIT: Just try the game for the first time, i like the content you get choosing dif. routes, can't wait until we get closer to the girls.
Serena was a nice and surprising twist, Avis really stole the spotlight and Reiko too in 2nd place, but Levi hnggg i like girls in police uniform!
Wish the dev. good luck with the game!

Last edited:
Reactions: Simpgor
4.60 star(s) 59 Votes